£10m down the pan

Big deal he missed a pen even better players miss pens , the only sad fact it was against leeds so is 14 times worse than any other bugger missing a pen ,if he scored then great , but lets talk about the real elephant in the room , 1 shot on target the whole game ,that's a far worse stat

1 hour ago, trevdi9 said:

Big deal he missed a pen even better players miss pens , the only sad fact it was against leeds so is 14 times worse than any other bugger missing a pen ,if he scored then great , but lets talk about the real elephant in the room , 1 shot on target the whole game ,that's a far worse stat

TBf Trev same as them difference is that they scored with theirs . 

Guest rockysclone
On 25/02/2017 at 14:34, davey_wells said:

In fairness, we all knew that unless we changed the way we played, the Jordan Rhodes signing was sheer luxury, not what was required - especially with us already signing Winnall, Fletcher etc.

He's a good player - but we haven't improved with him in the team.

And the stats say it all - has he EVER gone so many games without scoring elsewhere in his career?

This post is spot on 

excellent view and I agree 

9 hours ago, adelphi1867 said:

Part of the problem we have is trying to accommodate players like Forestieri, Bannan, Abdi and Wallace, these players seem to be bullet proof and drop proof.

Here's a team to think about:

Westwood

Loovens                Hutch (capt)               Sasso/Lees

Palmer

Macmanamn       Abdi        Fessi            Reech

Rhodes          Winall

Undroppable. Abdi?

Are you actually serious?!?

2 minutes ago, ohgoditsjames said:

Messi and Ronaldo have missed panalites, it happens. 

Messi missed a penalty in the Copa America final against Chile last year and then retired from international football although think he's changed his decision since then.

There seems to be a helluva lot more understanding with some penalty misses than there is for others...

On 2/25/2017 at 14:31, shandypants said:

Mr Chansiri needn't have thrown £10m down the sh1tter. If he wanted to sign a forward that his manager can't create chances for then he could have signed me for nothing. I feel sorry for Rhodes. He ought to bring a picnic blanket and sandwiches with him next match because he's become redundant with the way we play

I thought that we would be better getting a top class defender in but really pleased at getting Rhodes, a top class striker for this league, Lets not forget he has hardly played for a while and should now be getting close to match fitness and sharpness, He will come good soon.

9 hours ago, adelphi1867 said:

Part of the problem we have is trying to accommodate players like Forestieri, Bannan, Abdi and Wallace, these players seem to be bullet proof and drop proof.

Here's a team to think about:

Westwood

Loovens                Hutch (capt)               Sasso/Lees

Palmer

Macmanamn       Abdi        Fessi            Reech

Rhodes          Winall

having thought about it ....I don't like it ..................you havnt got any full backs  ,you havnt got a ball winner in mid field ,and if we have palmer protecting the back 3 then I think we'd be in big trouble .....what makes you think it would work ?

1 hour ago, owlmark said:

I thought that we would be better getting a top class defender in but really pleased at getting Rhodes, a top class striker for this league, Lets not forget he has hardly played for a while and should now be getting close to match fitness and sharpness, He will come good soon.

Depends if a top class defender was available and if so was willing to come

11 hours ago, torryowl said:

having thought about it ....I don't like it ..................you havnt got any full backs  ,you havnt got a ball winner in mid field ,and if we have palmer protecting the back 3 then I think we'd be in big trouble .....what makes you think it would work ?

3 defenders who will NOT go over the half way line, except for Corners and free kickcs.

Palmer has played in that position before and has shown himself to be more than capable defensively in the past.

Leaving 6 attacking players.

The two fwds to put the defence under pressure and not playing too deep, giving the team outlets.

Leaving the other 4 players to be flexible in both defence and attack.

When we defend we have upto 7 defenders, when we attack we have 6 attackers.

On ‎25‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 15:32, shandypants said:

You miss my point. No forward will score every chance (penalty, set piece or open play) that is presented to him - no player! Therefore, we can forgive Rhodes his penalty miss. However, no player can take the chances if there are absolutely no chances to take. Rhodes is proven at this level. He has undoubted goal scoring ability but he needs the chances to score. 

He missed 2 chances Saturday that he normally takes, certainly not up to speed at the moment. I am sure he will get goals, just hope its in the next few games.