Richard Wood

Guest mrbluesky
1 hour ago, Eastleigh Owl said:

You really should get some work done and keep off Owlstalk instead of cheating your employer

Bit random.

Anyway I hear you are £150 lighter lollol

3 hours ago, scram said:

I'm not asking you to take my opinion seriously

Do what you want with it

But to use my opinion on Wood to have a go at Abdi says everything about this site at the moment

And i have never seen a centre back play for us with worse positional sense than Wood - possible exception of Chris Carr

And its quite evident that others do share a similar opinion

But yeah, we're all loonies for not sharing your opinion

Your arrogance and confidence in your own opinion and dismissal of others is astounding

I try to always put a balanced argument when I come on here but with  what you said about wood it was very hard to do that this time . ......if you think that's arrogant of me then I apologise as I didn't mean to be  .....I stand by what I said though that you'll struggle to find anyone who thinks he's the worst centre back  we've had in 40 years .

7 hours ago, vulva said:

I'm afraid that's absolute garbage. 

Wood was was a very good player at the level we played at, and without doubt one of our better players. In terms of 'worst centre back', off the top of my head I'll give you Cranson, Brannigan, May, Reda Johnson, Purse, Blatsis, Branston, Coleman, Crane, Diallo, Maddix. 

Give me another 20 minutes and I could name you another 20. 

Westwood!

and Sasso

And definitely Purse (although he'd had a good career before he joined us).

Morrison was terrible for us but went on to be decent for Charlton.

Reynolds

20 hours ago, Steevo said:

Give over.

Kid came through Wednesdays ranks, played for us nearly 200 times, and GOT sold to fill a hole in the budget.

Give him some respect.

this^^

lad had to support his family in what is a short career. We'd all do the same, good luck to him.

42 minutes ago, BIG D said:

But because of the circumstances cost the club about £700k when we were really in the sh ite.

And he was club captain at the time. Could you imagine Don Megson doing the same?

yes I could ......any pro would if it benefitted him and his family.....when megson was past his best and no use to them anymore they put him on the not retained list .you only have to look at how the club treated alan finney after 500 games and  16 years  service to realise that loyalty counts for nothing as far as football clubs are concerned ......more recently  they didn't cover themselves in glory with kevin pressman either .

Guest Copthorneowl
9 hours ago, vulva said:

I'm afraid that's absolute garbage. 

Wood was was a very good player at the level we played at, and without doubt one of our better players. In terms of 'worst centre back', off the top of my head I'll give you Cranson, Brannigan, May, Reda Johnson, Purse, Blatsis, Branston, Coleman, Crane, Diallo, Maddix. 

Give me another 20 minutes and I could name you another 20. 

Luckily for you, you never saw Sam Ellis who couldn't trap his fingers in a door.

Guest Copthorneowl

Football is a very short life and it goes without saying that there all going to try and max out what they get. We all know there is no real loyalty but as soon as any player wants to leave 'your/our club' they're ungrateful morons to be bladdered and rubbished. Let's face it new manager comes in and dumps players we like and brings his players in.

Weve had it recently with Nando who simply wanted more dosh/parity with inferior player/s  and God forbid a few weeks ago the very revered one David Hirst had the gall to say he regretted not going to Man Utd when Fergie wanted him and he received dogs abuse from some.

Its just how it is can't understand anybody getting angry with anybody else's view. Woody moved on who cares nowadays a club will always survive in the longer term.

Guest mrbluesky
12 hours ago, Eastleigh Owl said:

please, mr bull shyt it was a pm, i suppose even an idiot like you knows what that means, or maybe not:ghoulguy:

Irony is really lost on you Eastleigh :picnic:

But you are one angry little manlol