Richard Wood

40 minutes ago, Beholder said:

What a sad post.  

Without knowing the person, knowing the actual story, how can I resent the bloke? 

As far as I remember he was hung out to dry by the club in a terrible part if our history.  

Get violins out then....

Typical pc brigade...

He jumped ship simple..couldn't handle the pressure club captain and all...should have been grateful to captain such a great historic club not bail out when the going got tuff and we needed him!!!....

Thought the whole thing was handled poorly from both sides. 

His public flogging (against Ipswich I think) when Laws brought him on with 10 minutes to go (which I believe was done with the intention of making a point) was absolutely embarrassing. 

2 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Thought the whole thing was handled poorly from both sides. 

His public flogging (against Ipswich I think) when Laws brought him on with 10 minutes to go (which I believe was done with the intention of making a point) was absolutely embarrassing. 

I understand what you're saying but should we not be able to pick a player that we are paying?

As I remember he dropped another b0ll0ck that day.

Edited by BIG D

Just now, BIG D said:

I understand what you mean but should we not be able to pick a player that we are paying?

As I remember he dropped another b0ll0ck that day.

He did indeed. 

Lost his man from what I recall. 

Was when I firmly formed the opinion that Brian Laws needed to go. 

Woeful management bringing him on. 

49 minutes ago, Beholder said:

What a sad post.  

Without knowing the person, knowing the actual story, how can I resent the bloke? 

As far as I remember he was hung out to dry by the club in a terrible part if our history.  

Seem to remember the club brought in Darren Purse on more money who wasn't fit to lace Wood's boots.

Some people need to look at the facts before spouting off.

In my opinion, that really is a 'dont hate me' plea.

It was a horrible place at the time Hillsborough during some of the matches and we were going slowly down the sh@tter.  Part of me can't blame him but he did think he could do better at the time.  So it depends on how you look at it.  Feel like he should have been more loyal but it was depressing.  You can only stay loyal for so long.  It got to the point when half the fanbase wish they werent there.

Purse got 20 times more dogs abuse, even more than Nuhiu!!!? but at least he kept going as it was his last chance at a big club.

why is it when a manager says he's always looking to improve the side by getting better players in we all nod in agreement but when player looks to get himself a better deal somewhere else he's called everything from a pig to a dog .....players know they'll get tossed aside sooner or later so they cant be blamed if they can get the in 1st and go when it suits them and not the club .

1 minute ago, EXCALIBUR said:

we had some crap back then.i remember us at home to bournmouth on a freezing tuesday night and lost 2.0.then we brought on that prolific striker from norway.KIM OLSON :laugh:

think fletcher was 38 when he scored for them.

*shudders* 

2009/2010 and 2010/2011 are two of the worst seasons you will ever see. 

A dismal, pathetic relegation from the Championship (live on the BBC too if I recall) and then an absolute horror show under Irvine with the likes of Morrison, Teale, Sedgewick and other useless bellends. 

Brutal. 

1 hour ago, Beholder said:

What a sad post.  

This. Club captain or not, nobody could be blamed for wanting a move away from Hillsborough at that time. 

I think the thing that left a bad taste in my mouth overall was that we were offered around a million (I believe) which we turned down for him and then he left for 300k later after the debacle carrying on to an embarrassing point including the downright bizarre sub appearance against Ipswich. Finance wise, it was a similar deal with Tudgay. But it of course hindsight is 20/20 and at the time we were under the impression any money received for sales of players would go straight to servicing the debt at the time.

Series of bad decisions on both ends and poor management all round. He left for more money, fair enough, just remember thinking why the club had to suffer from it so much. Anyway, thanks for the red card and the penalty "Woody", that and the hilarity of you going to Coventry have made amends imo.

Guest mrbluesky
1 hour ago, BIG D said:

We don't know any of the people or the actual stories of anything that we comment on

3 minutes ago, BIG D said:

Yeah, 'his side'

...Ahem

14 minutes ago, BIG D said:

Yeah, 'his side'

Not saying it's the truth but has to be taken into consideration only a handful of people know the full goings on and he's one of them, 

much easier to find 'the truth' off a fat 50 year old in the back of the stands.