Richard Wood

Club was toxic back then. Think players like Beevers and Spurr really suffered as a result in that environment playing with players who couldn't give a throw.

Wood was a good servant considering he came through the ranks, don't know what sort of contract he was offered but if he wanted to jump ship at what he thought was a better career move fair play to him. 

Hilarious how stuff like this upset us looking back now, he was a woeful defender.

4 minutes ago, BIG D said:

I don't you understand the thread.

Mind you, I could have just invented some sh ite

what is so hard to believe that a kid waited til he got him to open a present

Next time ill get my mate to film every second of the moment ,so I can prove to pathetic people like you it happened lol

Guest mrbluesky
25 minutes ago, BIG D said:

I haven't watched it but the fact is that he wanted to be the highest paid player at the club

I stopped reading here lol

4 minutes ago, folger said:

We had a good young setup at the back with spurr wood beevers then whoever we could get in on loan Eddie Nolan, Mcmahon, Buxton ect. Signing Purse and appointing him captain before he even arrived was absolute suicide. Purse was a lovely man and great ambassador for the club, he was also the worst football player I have even seen in the flesh. Every game he cost us atleast one 1 goal. ill never forget Barnsely at home he handed them 2 goals. I have always blamed our relegation on the handling of Wood and persisting with Purse. Anyone with even a single figure IQ would have dropped Purse for Hinds who was capable at the time after the 3rd disastrous appearance from DP in a row. I don't have the heart to blame Laws always rated him and we will never know but for me no Purse no relegation we had a mid table team and a formula that worked.

What purse needed alongside him was a strong calm head.

I have no idea if the timing is correct, but such a head might have been Loovens.    I know they both played for Cardiff at some point, not sure if it was together.

I'd fully understand if those two had formed a good partnership.

17 minutes ago, mrbluesky said:

I stopped reading here lol

20 minutes ago, Greenhgate Owl said:

what is so hard to believe that a kid waited til he got him to open a present

Next time ill get my mate to film every second of the moment ,so I can prove to pathetic people like you it happened lol

Bullshitting again?

Guest mrbluesky
10 minutes ago, BIG D said:

I've no intention of watching a bloke who struggles to construct a sentence lie through his teeth.

You are again just surmising/guessing or may be you are on the inside?

His side of the story - basically I left for more money.

The way he did it cost the club a significant amount of money and that's what left the bad taste, not the reason he actually left

But then the claptrap about furthering his career was quite comical.

I did enjoy when he said 'one man club' instead of 'one club man' though

Just now, DIPPS_S.W.F.C said:

Get violins out then....

Typical pc brigade...

He jumped ship simple..couldn't handle the pressure club captain and all...should have been grateful to captain such a great historic club not bail out when the going got tuff and we needed him!!!....

Give up with this pc b.o.l.l.o.c.k.s. Anytime anyone has a difference of opinion do you just band on the pc drum everytime? Doesn't even make sense.

No reason to love him no reason to hate him.

what i would say is that when he played for us he gave it his all no doubt.

remember being sat on the south stand at bramall lane watching us getting tatered by united and he was absolutely immense - we lost one nil to a scrambly Alan Quinn goal but it could have been more had it not been for a bandaged Richard wood putting his head in front of everything they threw at us.

i remember him for that not for leaving when the club was a complete shambles.