Hooper

Jowl

6 minutes ago, Jowl said:

I'm not sure that's a problem so much - but I take your point. He doesn't look anywhere near match fit today. Hi does a lot of link up play - but with his weight he looks like he lacks that burst of energy to get further forward and past a man today. We don't need more people dropping into midfield - we have plenty there

It is a problem because it means he isn't around to score goals when the game inevitably opens up.

Fella sat behind me hating on hooper all game. Made his mind up long before kick off. Drives me mad.

The fact that hooper is the only one of our front line that seems to understand that there is a space in behind the opposition midfield, has a wonderful touch, excellent vision, good strength, great hold up play and an eye for a pass and a top notch goal scoring record seems to have passed him by.

What is it with some people that they have to have someone to hate before we even kick a ball?

Nearly everything good today went through Hooper, his first touch and strength with the ball in to feet are premier league quality. He doesn't have speed 95 on FIFA though so he must be rubbish yeah? Give me strength.

Wow some of you really over rate Hooper's performances. 

And this....

3 minutes ago, Sultan_Pepper said:

The fact that hooper is the only one of our front line that seems to understand that there is a space in behind the opposition midfield, has a wonderful touch, excellent vision, good strength, great hold up play and an eye for a pass and a top notch goal scoring record seems to have passed him by.

...is a ridiculous thing to say.

So you're saying FF doesn't do those things?

He does all that......on top of working his rounduns off, harassing defenders, dribbling past players and running in behind. He's also much quicker. 

15 minutes ago, IstillhateSteveBould said:

And this....

He does all that......on top of working his rounduns off, harassing defenders, dribbling past players and running in behind. He's also much quicker. 

Got to disagree. Ff is great at running back after he's lost the ball. He never covers back at other times though, somehow that's convinced people he covers back a lot.

Yes he's quicker and yes he runs in behind but whenever he plays up front he goes right up front and takes up the same space fletcher or joao want to take up, he never drops deep. Happens so often I assume it's orders from cc.

29 minutes ago, IstillhateSteveBould said:

And this....

Why do you always see it as FF v Hooper?

Dont they play for the same team?

10 minutes ago, SiJ said:

True though, isn't it. 

You don't like him, so you'll slate him at every opportunity. 

Hooper wasn't bad today (not great), but that won't stop you slagging him off. 

Read the player ratings thread if you're so interested in my opinion of Hooper. 

Good and bad. 

I just tell it as I see it. I don't have an agenda like others do. 

He's becoming the new Nuhiu. He gets pulled up on some of his flaws, so some people react by making out he's some sort of undroppable genius.

5 hours ago, IstillhateSteveBould said:

Read the player ratings thread if you're so interested in my opinion of Hooper. 

Good and bad. 

I just tell it as I see it. I don't have an agenda like others do. 

He's becoming the new Nuhiu. He gets pulled up on some of his flaws, so some people react by making out he's some sort of undroppable genius.

Nowhere near as good as Nuhiu.

We are very lucky to have two forwards who work their arses off and are bundles of energy (FF and Fletcher). Hooper isn't that type of player. He's more explosive (in short bursts) and I've been really impressed with how he uses his bulk to shield the ball and turn defenders. He's good at really sticking it to defenders and, more importantly, gets away with roughing them up (where as Atty gets penalised constantly - and unjustly in my opinion).

Thought he played well yesterday, although did drift out the game for patches. I think he'll be a tremendously important player for us over the course of the season. 

And yes, he does look quite heavy but ffs.... the 'who's he eaten' gags are un-funny, unoriginal and boring.

Thought he played well.

Sometimes wish when he has the ball at the feet he wouldn't always play a small intricate pass backwards. It makes him a bit predictable. I think he should sometimes turn and bring the ball forward and see what's on. I understand he's trying to drag players out of position but yesterday in particular little was created out of it.