David Jones

Guest Arnold

Guest wilyfox
3 minutes ago, Miruic said:

Played nearly the full game for burnley this weekend. I know they're buying Defour but not sure they'd be happy for him to leave. 

They've been linked with centre-mids galore. Defour, Hendrick, Ledley, Stephens, and Westwood. Maybe Jones will be surplus v.soon. 

Edited by wilyfox

9 minutes ago, Grimbarian said:

Would be a good squad addition but not sure he's a starter for me, always happy to be proved wrong.

I would agree with that. Think he would be an ideal player in tactical games where we need a solid base and structure to the midfield. A better tackling midfield option than we currently have and good at set pieces. If we were to sign him I would expect to play more against promotion rivals and in away games than in home games where we would be expected to have the lions share of attacking threat.

Just now, hirstyboywonder said:

I would agree with that. Think he would be an ideal player in tactical games where we need a solid base and structure to the midfield. A better tackling midfield option than we currently have and good at set pieces. If we were to sign him I would expect to play more against promotion rivals and in away games than in home games where we would be expected to have the lions share of attacking threat.

Yeah, an upgrade on Semedo and Melo for when Bannan anchoring the midfield looks too lightweight maybe (although he was awesome against Naarch)?

Why does nobody ever say "he's got a great right foot on him" about right footed players

But you always hear people going on about players having a great left peg or a sweet left foot, seems unfair to me

#justice4righties