OFFICIAL 2016/17 BBC Radio Sheffield Football Heaven SWFC Thread

3 minutes ago, OwlInCardiff said:

Who is this Bushy? Are we supposed to know him?

Football Heaven are obsessed with him. 

God knows why because all he does is slate them on Twitter then rings up. 

Edited by aeroswfc

2 minutes ago, OwlInCardiff said:

Johnathan reckons he's 'a bit of a laugh' (confused)

I reckon he knows Jonathan Buchan or Rob Staton. 

I've never heard of him until this season but after his first call they can't stop banging on about him. 

Edited by aeroswfc

13 hours ago, oldtawnyowl said:

Yes that would be the easiest way, but would it be fair?

We go from a one on one with the goalkeeper to a free kick with possibly 11 defenders behind the ball.

Also, if the offside decision is given in the penalty area, does the free-kick be one a penalty?

Too many potential problems.

IMO leave it as it is - technology for goal line decisions only.

Anyway if technology decides every borderline decision what the Hell would we argue about in the pub and on Owlstalk?lol

If it was given inside the box then I think the best way to do it would be to do what they do for back passes. A free kick inside the box. I wasn't really for technology until last season and the Forestieri 2nd yellow at Hull tipped me over the edge. It's that kind of decision that really needs technology for me as it has a greater impact than one game. I appreciate that it would take away from the after match discussion but it would mean we could talk more about how good/bad the players were instead of "Well we were great today but that f*cking ref/linesman cost us".

18 hours ago, TomtheOwl95 said:

If it was given inside the box then I think the best way to do it would be to do what they do for back passes. A free kick inside the box. I wasn't really for technology until last season and the Forestieri 2nd yellow at Hull tipped me over the edge. It's that kind of decision that really needs technology for me as it has a greater impact than one game. I appreciate that it would take away from the after match discussion but it would mean we could talk more about how good/bad the players were instead of "Well we were great today but that f*cking ref/linesman cost us".

Forestieri's ridiculous 2nd yellow could have been reviewed after the game.

2 hours ago, Mike Barnes said:

Somebody calling Mick out calling him two faced for saying something different on another radio phone in garymegson

Somebody lying about Mick on FH tonight as Mick said almost word for word the same thing as he said on FH about the poppy thing and almost word for word what he's posted on here many times

Guest BRADFIELDOWLS

Listen carefully tonight as Staton on Radio Pravda started doubting for - first time - Carlos on Saturday night.

Normally means they have had a whisper about a manager's potential firing, alla Stubbs, Clough, Adkins etc.

Similarly, Dom in today's Sheffield Star is also very critical of Carlos, again for first time. 

Again , that usually means a manger's toast.

We'll see later.

45 minutes ago, BRADFIELDOWLS said:

Listen carefully tonight as Staton on Radio Pravda started doubting for - first time - Carlos on Saturday night.

Normally means they have had a whisper about a manager's potential firing, alla Stubbs, Clough, Adkins etc.

Similarly, Dom in today's Sheffield Star is also very critical of Carlos, again for first time. 

Again , that usually means a manger's toast.

We'll see later.

In the pub afterwards someone said that each Wednesday manager has a game where you start to lose confidence in him and has a beginning of the end feel and the Ipswich match felt like that. Predict CC has 3 games to save his job.