OFFICIAL 2016/17 BBC Radio Sheffield Football Heaven SWFC Thread

6 hours ago, captain jack said:

You chose England over Wednesday no matter how you try now to gloss over it by saying you said both its criminal like a text said not a proper owl 

I gloss over nothing 

Its comparing Apples and Pears and i just stated facts i said there is no choice its both 

I bow to thee oh proper Owl 

Though of course following your logic you're not a proper Englishman ( which of course is utter nonsense )

Edited by Lawrie Madden

4 hours ago, Wolfmanjack said:

Isn't a miasma an unpleasant damp smell? How does that fit in with with season tickets? 

a miasma was the source of all evil in days gone by 

Black Death ? oh that'll be the miasma 

fits with the fact that i'm not a proper Owl because id quite like England to win another World Cup

miasma noun [ C ] (UNPLEASANT FEELING)

a very unpleasant general feeling or character of a situation or place:

After he lost his job, he sank into a miasma of poverty and despair.
Edited by Lawrie Madden

11 hours ago, Lawrie Madden said:

I gloss over nothing 

Its comparing Apples and Pears and i just stated facts i said there is no choice its both 

I bow to thee oh proper Owl 

Though of course following your logic you're not a proper Englishman ( which of course is utter nonsense )

As for the proper owl i was quoting a text sent in of course you are that was a joke, as for you saying "I said both" that's utter rubbish and you know it (have a listen back at yourself) you were asked "if you had a choice between England winning the World Cup OR Sheffield Wednesday winning the Premier League? You replied  "ENGLAND 100% ALL DAY EVERYDAY AND TWICE ON SUNDAYS" and just to make sure you said it again "ENGLAND 100%" then you babbled on about its only every 4 years blah blah blah then near the end you said "but I'm greedy and I want both" 

you were given a choice Mick and you said England I respect your choice but DO NOT try and make out you said both of course we'd all love both but that's not what you picked when given a choice. 

On 8/1/2016 at 19:51, Libertine said:

I think Radio Sheffields sport coverage is excellent but I hate the phone ins. Numpty after numpty calling in asking mainly silly pointless questions and making nonsense statements. 

I get the impression these people are lonely middle aged people who just like someone to talk to for the sake of it.

Agreed - they do great coverage of the matches, compared with their counterparts in other cities, but the phone calls and texts after the match are not up too much and the interviews with managers are predictable and uncritical.  Callers to Football Heaven are the same old crew, program after program, with a pronounced male/elderly demographic. An injection of younger/female callers is needed.

10 hours ago, captain jack said:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p04d33wd

25 minutes in you did said "both" but not when pushed on choosing between the two. 

In reference to the world cup win or Premier league win only 

The World Cup is the Pinnacle of Football full stop if that makes me a terrible Owl then i'm a terrible Owl 

Edited by Lawrie Madden

Funny how they just dont care what Division they are in

Allus makes me smile - footy fans fickle and funny and fab all at the same time

(he'll probably confirm the statement by saying he was one of the poll bearers when they went out of the league qualifying him to say owt)