Season tickets- final phase on sale

4 minutes ago, UTO1867 said:

The record breaking sales of 20,000 weren't at £505, £615 and £705 though were they and lets be honest the absolute vast majority of the 20,000 were sold in the advanced saver deal where the dearest 1 year ticket prices were £415, £505 and £580 and even cheaper for 2 and 3 year deals.

I can fully understand the club wanting to screw us for every penny it can, after all it is us wanting success but there isn't a supply and demand problem when it comes to tickets, there are still thousands of seats to still pick from and lets be honest probably with a worse view. I just don't understand why people are having to pay more than the £415 i paid just because they chose to wait a bit, it seems unfair.

You have answered my question..it does seem harsh as I wasn't in a position to buy one previously but now can...but won't on principle.

7 minutes ago, UTO1867 said:

The record breaking sales of 20,000 weren't at £505, £615 and £705 though were they and lets be honest the absolute vast majority of the 20,000 were sold in the advanced saver deal where the dearest 1 year ticket prices were £415, £505 and £580 and even cheaper for 2 and 3 year deals.

I can fully understand the club wanting to screw us for every penny it can, after all it is us wanting success but there isn't a supply and demand problem when it comes to tickets, there are still thousands of seats to still pick from and lets be honest probably with a worse view. I just don't understand why people are having to pay more than the £415 i paid just because they chose to wait a bit, it seems unfair.

I don't understand the cash flow issues of football clubs, but they all, particularly swfc, want ST money in early. To get this, they have to give an incentive to buy early. Or put another way, a disincentive to leaving it until the last minute.

It might seem harsh on those who couldn't buy early, but whose circumstance have changed so they now can, but the priority seems to be to maximise early bird sales not "fairness" for a few last minute buyers.

7 minutes ago, fatzooma said:

You have answered my question..it does seem harsh as I wasn't in a position to buy one previously but now can...but won't on principle.

I cant see what more the club can do to be honest. Your situation has made you unlucky that unfortunately is life.

16 minutes ago, fatzooma said:

Early Bird sales are hardly a new thing.

Flights go up in price closer to the flight. Train fares go up in price closer to the journey. Hotel/ accommodation goes up closer to the dates of stay. And so on.

Guest Patrick Hernandez
11 hours ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

Kop £85 cheaper than last season - £3.70 per match

north stand £75 cheaper than last season - £3.26 per match

South £55 cheaper than last season - £2.39 per match

if they make match day prices £3 cheaper on average per match on the kop and North and £2 on the South - it is a step in the right direction.

personally I wouldn't have bothered with season tickets now.

nearly everybody that's having one will have got one and by having this phase you reduce flexibility.

id have gone straight to 5,10 and 15 match bundles.

Does this include the Early bird sales ???

1 hour ago, Tamworthowl said:

Announcing each match day price in advance removes the flexibility the club has said it wants. Flexibility to reduce prices, as well as increase them, depending on circumstances at the time.

I am a dinosaur but I much prefer a set price for match day tickets.

If a ST is 615, make match day tickets say 690/23 so 30 quid per game.

By making a Sky game 20, and say Barnsley 45, does it persuade more people to attend the Sky game than it dissuades people from attending the Barnsley game?

I think attending matches is a habit, which is best served by consistent pricing.

4 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

I am a dinosaur but I much prefer a set price for match day tickets.

If a ST is 615, make match day tickets say 690/23 so 30 quid per game.

By making a Sky game 20, and say Barnsley 45, does it persuade more people to attend the Sky game than it dissuades people from attending the Barnsley game?

I think attending matches is a habit, which is best served by consistent pricing.

Fellow dinosaur here. But just like the big lizards we are part of the past , are there any clubs that do not do variable match day pricing I doubt it.

I agree, but would go further.  A single match day price is simpler and might be better overall. But the club don't agree. They want flexibility throughout the season.

For match day pricing, I'd do something like (ST price / 16) and round down. So something like 6 to 7 "free" games for STs.

1 hour ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

What I would do is announce the matchday prices for every single match.

then you can buy 15 tickets for any 15 matches and get 15% off the price.

10 tickets, 10% off the price.

5 tickets, 5% off the price.

a 15 match package would obviously need to work out more expensive than a season ticket per match.

but roughly speaking, that is how I see it.

membership would need to be calculated in as well so a fancy spreadsheet needed to work it all out.

it's just about impossible to do ......if its an average of say 30 quid to go on the kop you'd save 30 quid with the 10 game ticket and you'd be committed to the 10 games  you have chosen , for 10 quid more you could go to the same amount of games if you had a membership and pick your game as and when you felt like going ....setting the individual match day prices before the season as started wouldnt be popular with the club i'd guess .....how do price up the games towards the end of the season they could meaningless at 35 quid a match or a championship decider at 20 quid ...........it sounds like a good idea but just about impossible to implement which is probably why clubs dont do it .

1 hour ago, torryowl said:

it's just about impossible to do ......if its an average of say 30 quid to go on the kop you'd save 30 quid with the 10 game ticket and you'd be committed to the 10 games  you have chosen , for 10 quid more you could go to the same amount of games if you had a membership and pick your game as and when you felt like going ....setting the individual match day prices before the season as started wouldnt be popular with the club i'd guess .....how do price up the games towards the end of the season they could meaningless at 35 quid a match or a championship decider at 20 quid ...........it sounds like a good idea but just about impossible to implement which is probably why clubs dont do it .

Derby do it, they announce the price of every match at the outset.

I think they got the highest crowds in the division......

Clear transparent pricing is always the way to go to maximise sales.

I know it's hard to put a figure on it but I wonder how many of those that travelled to Wembley for the play-off final are now season ticket holders who weren't before?! Success (yes I know we lost but you know what I mean) and positive football have swelled the coffers a bit - I'm sure. Hopefully we'll see DC do his bit too and see him flex a little financial might in the coming days/weeks.

I think the club and Mr C deserve massive praise for the season ticket prices. He’s clearly learnt form the mistakes of last pre-season and we as fans  have responded very well to that. Of course last season and the  style of football, league position have helped. It’s not rocket science, a decent competing side and “reasonable” (don’t have be give aways) ticket prices and you’ve cracked it. Nearly 20,000 season ticket sales already proves that.

I bought my 3 year season ticket at first phase but I do like these final phase prices. Average adult price per game per stand as follows:  Kop £21.95, North and Grandstand £26.75 and South £30.65. This gives scope to ensure  match day prices are kept reasonable and can be adjusted according to how we are doing, opposition, live on SKY, time of game etc. No reason why the maximum match day price for each stand now can’t be £25 Kop, £30 North and Grandstand, £35 South. I would say that’s reasonable especially if we are in the top 6 again (hopefully) entertaining he likes of Newcastle et al.

So well done Mr C and well done our Wednesday family!

2 hours ago, Geedee said:

I cant see what more the club can do to be honest. Your situation has made you unlucky that unfortunately is life.

Keep the prices the same? My situation has changed due to not having to work weekends anymore which previously made having a season ticket pointless..Sour grapes on my part i guess 

2 hours ago, oh_weds_we_love_you said:

Early Bird sales are hardly a new thing.

Flights go up in price closer to the flight. Train fares go up in price closer to the journey. Hotel/ accommodation goes up closer to the dates of stay. And so on.

Glad you cleared that up as I never realised how supply and demand works!...

23 minutes ago, OasisOwl72 said:

I think the club and Mr C deserve massive praise for the season ticket prices. He’s clearly learnt form the mistakes of last pre-season and we as fans  have responded very well to that. Of course last season and the  style of football, league position have helped. It’s not rocket science, a decent competing side and “reasonable” (don’t have be give aways) ticket prices and you’ve cracked it. Nearly 20,000 season ticket sales already proves that.

I bought my 3 year season ticket at first phase but I do like these final phase prices. Average adult price per game per stand as follows:  Kop £21.95, North and Grandstand £26.75 and South £30.65. This gives scope to ensure  match day prices are kept reasonable and can be adjusted according to how we are doing, opposition, live on SKY, time of game etc. No reason why the maximum match day price for each stand now can’t be £25 Kop, £30 North and Grandstand, £35 South. I would say that’s reasonable especially if we are in the top 6 again (hopefully) entertaining he likes of Newcastle et al.

So well done Mr C and well done our Wednesday family!

Might be another £5 on top of the matchday prices you've suggested there. Membership discount then comes in to play