Our best and worst performers this season

Guest Fedor

Guest Fedor

His best position, as results showed. But it's the Wednesday Way to ignore that and try and make an out-and-out striker from him.

Been done to death but he played that position mainly against poor/out of form opposition. Usually when we played top sides he played up top.

On 5 June 2016 at 10:55, Apple said:

Unsurprisingly Fernando Forestieri came out on top with Tom Lees coming in second.

More surprising was that Jack Hunt came out as our worst prerformer, less surprising though is Adthe Nuhiu was our second worst.

Thoughts on this?

Was Hunt that bad?

Source is     http://www.squawka.com/players/fernando-forestieri/stats#performance-score#sheffield-wednesday-%28current%29#football-league-championship#10#season-2015/2016#166#all-matches#1-48#by-match

Just because Hunt was our 'worst performer' doesn't mean he was bad.

If you have 3 millionaires, 2 with £10m and one with £2m, you wouldn't say the £2m person was poor would you?

Does Jack Hunt really have 2 million pounds?

Not a great website to use as a comparison. To say Hunt is -200 odd worse then some of the other players is quite frankly ludicrous.

Although he wasn't up there with the likes of Forestieri and Bannan, he was a decent player last season and i didn't see him as a weak link like some

Joao tailed off after the Arsenal game, Nuhiu contributes well in some areas but not in the goal department and Helen isn't that great to be fair ...

surely this just comes down to who we want to keep and get rid of and i think the answers are fairly agreed upon on here. 

This is my opinion but I would like to see everyone's including OP:

Must Keep:

Forestieri

Westwood

Bannan

Lee

Hooper

Lee

Pudil (hopeful to sign)

Loovens

Wallace

Squad players to keep:

Mcgugan- we know he has the quality just needs to work harder

Joao- hopefully he will improve on his first season

Wildsmith

Hunt

Hutchinson

Matias- unproven really

Helan- think CC has taken a liking although I think we should be looking for better

Unfortunately leave: 

Palmer

Nuhiu- i like him but we need better to succeed

Semedo- hopefully will return in some capacity

Sougou

Melo

Lavery

Price

Guest Socotra
5 hours ago, SouthernOwl24 said:

surely this just comes down to who we want to keep and get rid of and i think the answers are fairly agreed upon on here. 

Must Keep:

Forestieri

Westwood

Bannan

Lee

Hooper

Lee

Pudil (hopeful to sign)

Loovens

Wallace

Squad players to keep:

Wildsmith

Hunt

Hutchinson

Matias- unproven really

Helan- think CC has taken a liking although I think we should be looking for better

Unfortunately leave: 

Palmer

Sougou

Melo

Lavery

Price

Pretty much spot on.

11 hours ago, SouthernOwl24 said:

Must Keep:

Forestieri

Westwood

Bannan

Lee

Hooper

Lee

Pudil (hopeful to sign)

Loovens

Wallace

Squad players to keep:

Wildsmith

Hunt

Hutchinson

Matias- unproven really

Unfortunately leave: 

Palmer

Sougou

Melo

Lavery

Price

We have two players called Lee?

Squawka is one of those things that has given people a way to make themselves sound like they know what they are talking about even though they have probably not watched us all season. Hunt and Nuhiu our worst performers? Did you see McGugan or Turner or McGeady?

On ‎05‎/‎06‎/‎2016 at 12:00, StudentOwl said:

Always sceptical over that points thing... they adhere to stringent rules which don't always tell the whole story.

That said, they're also handy for getting a rough idea what's going on, and it doesn't surprise me at all that Jack Hunt is bottom. He gets a love-in on here because he runs forward with the ball quickly and directly, which is exciting to see. The reality is he runs with his eyes focused on the tips of his toes and more often than not his runs will result in a throw in to us or a goal kick to the opposition

1 assist in about 40 games does not a good attacking right back make. You only need to compare him to the other attacking fullbacks of this division to see that he's by far and away the worst of the lot at the 'big' clubs in this division. 

Have to agree with this! don't think he's a bad player - but not great

Unfortunately the worst performer for me has to be Liam Palmer. I know he's 'one of our own' and it's a kick in the teeth to our academy, but I don't think he's good enough for this level. Agree that right back could be improved, but I think Jack Hunt can just about do a job there for next season. Possible loan as backup or to challenge Jack? 

Our best performer was Forestieri due to how important he was to the team. I remember the games where he was banned and we were so lethargic going forwards. And I'd also mention Mr reliable, Keiran Lee. Every season he improves and his calmness and vision is exactly what you need in the middle of the park.

Guest pitts

Forestieri was easy the best and Nuhiu was easy the worse and i never miss a game so i should no best

Guest oz_owl

Analytics is a huge thing in many sports and becoming much more prevalent in football.  A way to compare players in similar positions, or identify under/over valued players purely from data is a powerful thing.  Of course, the source data needs to be accurate and meaningful to make any comparisons valid.

The rating of Hunt marks him as a worse performer than any player for bottom-placed Bolton bar their goalkeeper.  Which is either laughable, or extremely worrying.