Our best and worst performers this season

Guest Fedor

Guest Fedor

Unsurprisingly Fernando Forestieri came out on top with Tom Lees coming in second.

More surprising was that Jack Hunt came out as our worst prerformer, less surprising though is Adthe Nuhiu was our second worst.

Thoughts on this?

Was Hunt that bad?

Source is     http://www.squawka.com/players/fernando-forestieri/stats#performance-score#sheffield-wednesday-%28current%29#football-league-championship#10#season-2015/2016#166#all-matches#1-48#by-match

Guest Fedor

My one criticism of FF last season was he lost the ball in bad areas, (our half) especially when he played left midfield.

My one criticism of FF last season was he lost the ball in bad areas, (our half) especially when he played left midfield.

You talking about those 9 games he played left mid, he scored shedloads, we won 7 and drew v Burnley?

Yes he was awful.

Guest Fedor

You talking about those 9 games he played left mid, he scored shedloads, we won 7 and drew v Burnley?

Yes he was awful.

Knew that would get a bite from you. He got away with it cos it was usually against poor opposition.

Unsurprisingly Fernando Forestieri came out on top with Tom Lees coming in second.

More surprising was that Jack Hunt came out as our worst prerformer, less surprising though is Adthe Nuhiu was our second worst.

Thoughts on this?

Was Hunt that bad?

Source is     http://www.squawka.com/players/fernando-forestieri/stats#performance-score#sheffield-wednesday-%28current%29#football-league-championship#10#season-2015/2016#166#all-matches#1-48#by-match

Just because Hunt was our 'worst performer' doesn't mean he was bad.

If you have 3 millionaires, 2 with £10m and one with £2m, you wouldn't say the £2m person was poor would you?

Thoughts on this?

Was Hunt that bad?

Always sceptical over that points thing... they adhere to stringent rules which don't always tell the whole story.

That said, they're also handy for getting a rough idea what's going on, and it doesn't surprise me at all that Jack Hunt is bottom. He gets a love-in on here because he runs forward with the ball quickly and directly, which is exciting to see. The reality is he runs with his eyes focused on the tips of his toes and more often than not his runs will result in a throw in to us or a goal kick to the opposition

1 assist in about 40 games does not a good attacking right back make. You only need to compare him to the other attacking fullbacks of this division to see that he's by far and away the worst of the lot at the 'big' clubs in this division. 

Guest Fedor

Are you that bloke in the Monty Python Argument sketch?

Am I the one with blinkers and tunnel vision, or is that you?

I'm not a fan of these sort of things

Personally I think we would've been a lot worse off without jack hunt

He was adventurous going forward and on occasions was found wanting defensively because of it, but that's more down to how we play than jack hunt, tell him to sit in as just a defender and he won't get caught out as often.

Bombing forward like he does is part of the modern fullback, in my opinion he's one of the best at this level if anyone thinks he won't get caught out of position playing that way needs to learn a lesson about modern football.

I'd rather look at players who didn't quite live up to expectations than worst player

In that regard I'd look at mcgeady as being a real negative, at that time like most I was hopeful he would take us up a notch but he was no better than we had

I'd single out nuhiu to sort out his heading and Westwood likewise with his kicking

Melo, injured so can't say too much other than he was the one player I was really looking forward to seeing boss our midfield.

Kieran Lee just gets better with better players around him.

Barry bannan, love his attitude and commitment but sorry to say he is the one player who despite being a fans favourite needs to be improved on.

I had to compromise on either Lee or Bannan and I gave Lee the nod but it's just my opinion, cos they are too lightweight as a pair.

Mcgugan..... Dreary me, quality player but hard work must come as an absolute minimum

Last of all Semedo, he's been an absolute rock for us since signing and I wish he had it in him to step up to the next level but alas it's over for him, although I do hope he returns in the future in some capacity (assistant manager to ronaldo)

lol

I don't see the point in comparing things that are not like for like, ie why compare Sougou who has hardly played, to say Jack Hunt who has played an awful lot - and in a different position?

Each player has to be judged separately on their own merits.