I think if we had lost four players to injury by 60 minutes, including Fessi and Hooper, we would be classing ourselves as a tad unlucky?

i think if we lost 4 players to pulls and strains we'd be looking at our fitness coach and asking why our players couldnt(a) handle the

pace of the game or (B)why are they out there if they are carrying injuries that they aggravated .

I imagine getting rid of the likely 2016/17 favourite for Div Leading Goalscorer is not one of Carlos's priorities.

Get rid of the best goals per minute player?

Get rid of the second best assists per minute player?

We should be reading posts entitled "Build a team around Hooper", and have no more nonesense about selling him.

Oh dear Holmsey, I hope I've not started you on a player crusade, which will be your obsession for months.

There is no definitive answer regarding the Hooper Dilema. If you google hooper lazy, you'll find similar debate amongst Celtic and Norwich fans.

Sections of these fans bases think he's too lazy, can only work in a 4-4-2 and other don't recognise the lazyness or believe he's a poacher and this should be tolerated. A recent balanced article is below.

I lean with the former argument, you obviously the latter. There is no definitive answer, Premiership/Scottish Premiership managers struggle with it.

So please don't pretend you can answer it with a tirade of stats.

http://celtsarehere.com/why-celtic-shouldnt-sign-gary-hooper/

He's a box player, and we don't get it in the box enough. We need some pace to get round the back, and them we might see a different player. My issue with Hooper is his work rate.

he does tend to do eff all else, than the box stuff...

and when he ain't scoring that means he's doing next to eff all...

own goal by carlos playing him and ff together...

it negates hooper, and wastes the talents of ff...

a number of us have seen this, and it makes me wonder why cc hasn't...

I think Hooper was a gamble buy.

Clearly a goalscorer , which we were short of with the inexperience Joao and Nuhiu, for all else has never been.

It was worth the punt. We were playing well and we had a shout at making the play offs. His ratio is decent, it was worth a throw of the dice.

I think it's a wider question now we didn't go up of whether he fits into the system and style that Carlos clearly wants to play long term.

Will the team now be sculptured around Hooper and his goalscoring talent?

or will be look for someone more capable of playing as a pair AND on his own?

It'll be interesting to see.

I think Hooper was a gamble buy.

Clearly a goalscorer , which we were short of with the inexperience Joao and Nuhiu, for all else has never been.

It was worth the punt. We were playing well and we had a shout at making the play offs. His ratio is decent, it was worth a throw of the dice.

I think it's a wider question now we didn't go up of whether he fits into the system and style that Carlos clearly wants to play long term.

Will the team now be sculptured around Hooper and his goalscoring talent?

or will be look for someone more capable of playing as a pair AND on his own?

It'll be interesting to see.

Personally would rather see us go for a new goalscorer that fits the system and have Hooper on the bench, knowing we can bring him on or adjust tactics for certain games and play two up top if necessary... essentially similar to how Norwich would have used Hooper during their promotion season. That said, regardless what choice is decided upon I trust in Carlos to make the right call

so what you are saying is build a team around hooper an destroy what has been a btilliant football season to let him shine. always thought football is a team game but what do i know. or we buy a strike partner for him. why. if we buy another striker why do we need him? he will get 20+ goals from a full season? based on what? he joined us in Oct so was not far short of a full season.

so what you are saying is build a team around hooper an destroy what has been a btilliant football season to let him shine. always thought football is a team game but what do i know. or we buy a strike partner for him. why. if we buy another striker why do we need him? he will get 20+ goals from a full season? based on what? he joined us in Oct so was not far short of a full season.

Hooper averaged a goal every 158 minutes in the league for us this season, which would see him score 26 goals across a full season if he played every minute.

Even discounting the rather blunt statistics, he's the most natural goalscorer we've had in years and practically guarantees you goals if you play him regularly.

i thought we had been playing him regularly? anyway lets put this to bed we all have our opinions they dont have to be the same and lets face it football wouldnt be football if we all agreed on everything.

I like Hooper.

His touches in and around the box is excellent and he can finish.

He just needs someone up there to act as his foil. That is really what we lacked this season. A reliable partner for Hoops.

Edited by Beholder

Totally unfair.

He kept working and trying to find and create space by making runs.

Citing a lack of effort is total testicles.

Some stuff didn't come off around the box, but at least he was trying in the right areas of the pitch.

At least he wasn't just giving the ball away with poor miss-placed basic passes - won't single anyone out since there were several culprits.

He's more than good enough. Next season I hope Joao can consistently put in performances like Arsenal and Cardiff and become a regular partner for Hooper.

Unless we bring in someone else to partner him.

FF needs to play deeper behind a front 2 or instead of Hooper in a front 2.

I like Hooper.

His touches in and around the box is excellent and he can finish.

He just needs someone up there to act as his foil. That is really what we lacked this season. A reliable partner for Hoops.

We need a striker who can act in a 4-4-2 alongside Hooper and also be able to play up front alone in a 4-5-1.

Joao appears to have the physical attributes, but lacking mental strength.

IMO I would take £5million for Joao,Hooper, Nuhiu, Bus & Lavery combined and use these funds to purchase a decent striker who can play this role.

We need a striker who can act in a 4-4-2 alongside Hooper and also be able to play up front alone in a 4-5-1.

Joao appears to have the physical attributes, but lacking mental strength.

IMO I would take £5million for Joao,Hooper, Nuhiu, Bus & Lavery combined and use these funds to purchase a decent striker who can play this role.

But if we sell Hooper, how can the new man play alongside Hooper in a 4-4-2?

:ghoulguy:

Wednesday fans wait for years for a natural finisher after being stuck watching the likes of Kim Olsen, Leon Knight, Ndumbu Nsungu, Warren Feeney, David Graham and Stevie May (I could go on and on)

We FINALLY get one & now he apparently doesn't work hard enough?

I really flipping despair. 

If he scores 15+ next season, but it meant he didn't move from the penalty box, I wouldn't whinge!

I'd even offer to piggyback him home to save his legs from any further work!

Edited by FlyingOwl

Wednesday fans wait for years for a natural finisher after being stuck watching the likes of Kim Olsen, Leon Knight, Ndumbu Nsungu, Warren Feeney, David Graham and Stevie May (I could go on and on)

We FINALLY get one & now he apparently doesn't work hard enough?

I really flipping despair. 

If he scores 15+ next season, but it meant he didn't move from the penalty box, I wouldn't whinge!

I'd even offer to piggyback him home to save his legs from any further work!

Do you really despair at this lable for Hooper?

You're dispairing at sections of the Celtic/Norwich and SWFC fanbase and some experienced pundits.

I can understand the counter arguments against it, but do you really despair when people think Hooper should work harder.

Do you really despair at this lable for Hooper?

You're dispairing at sections of the Celtic/Norwich and SWFC fanbase and some experienced pundits.

I can understand the counter arguments against it, but do you really despair when people think Hooper should work harder.

Yeah I do.

Cos I don't think he's lazy. Nor needs to work harder.

His game has always been about being in the right place at the right time. He makes all the right runs, made two crackers on Saturday which would have seen him clear if FF or Hutch looked up.

He'll score 15+ next season & I don't care if he does that without breaking a sweat.

I care about the end product.