At The End.....

My grieving process started the minute the full time whistle went and it's still carrying on.

I just want to erase yesterday out of my memory forever

No you don't you really don't.

It was a great occasion to be a part of,money can't buy that kind of experience.It's being alive.

(in my opinion obviously-sermon over)

All the best.

No you don't you really don't.

It was a great occasion to be a part of,money can't buy that kind of experience.It's being alive.

(in my opinion obviously-sermon over)

All the best.

Exactly. Just forget what happened on the pitch and enjoy everything else!

Lots of thoughts as someone whose first game at Hillsborough was in 1955.

1961 we were runners up In Division 1 (premier league), 1966 we lost the FA cup final, 1991 we won the League Cup, 1993, four times at Wembley and won just the semi against United. I remember them all.  Good times and bad times - its part of being an Owl. 

I didn't expect us to win yesterday unless we were on absolutely top form as Hull have a great team with some big lads. Many of our players did not play as we all know they can but Hull had very carefully been briefed to deal with our strengths. Its not as simple as saying the team " didn't turn up" and such a simple analysis doesn't pay them the respect they are due. And if we and the club keeps our heads, we can build an improved team for next season.

However, I wonder if the atmosphere we created which was amazing and better than 1991 may actually have not helped. I think the expectation and pressure and all the fuss about tickets, the huge Wednesday crowd and the unbelievable atmosphere may have contributed to an element of stage fright. Anyone have similar thoughts?

Final thought is I think the club should re-open the early bird season ticket window - at least for all those who bought tickets for yesterday who haven't yet bought a 2016-17 season ticket.

I don't get some of you, or the meltdown on here last night.

What a year. What a season. Thrashing both brum and Cardiff when the pressure was on to win to stay in the hunt.

Forestieri, hooper, joao, lee, bannan, Wallace and matias goals.

Thumping arsenal 3 nil at home with our reserves.

Beating newcastlol with 10 first teamers rested.

Matias goal vs leeds

THAT Brighton first leg.

Turning over florist.

Watching us match the best this league had.

A wembley day out where we were finally only beaten by an absolute worldy.

A back 5 of westwood, hunt, Lees, loovens and pudil.

A new tv.

A Desso pitch.

It goes on. And we'll be strengthened again in summer.

The one disappointing thing yesterday? How long it took the players to pick themselves up and come over to get their well deserved applause.

No shame, went out on our shields, and we are on our way back.

Edited by Hawkeye

I can totally agree with the fact that the whole event seemed to be surreal - a word I used myself to describe yesterday. The atmosphere was amazing ! The Owls fans camaraderie was awesome, the chanting ( especially 'On our way' ), the loudest the new Wembley had experienced by all accounts, the 'bouncing' that shook its very foundations ! This combined to create an unforgettable experience. As for the game itself - it seemed to just passed me by. It was odd - it was more like 30 mins. long rather than 90 mins. I was waiting and waiting for the moment of magic, that I was so used to seeing this season from the lads, to spark us in to life, but it didn't happen, and I couldn't understand why. I'm still in shock today and my emotions are all over the place. Could I cope with another play-off final ? I'm not so sure.

Been there done it, bought the Tshirt....F.ookin' Lineghan '93...

Honestly that was worse...

We expected nowt this season, even reaching top 6 was a dream...The team fought like f.ook to get us there...and they took it as far as they could...as far as their talent allowed..and that is in no way slagging them off...its a testament to the guts they have shown.

Heads up and look forward to next season

Totally agree - '93 will live with me forever...as bad as it got from a footballing perspective which started out decline.

This was dissapointing but over it quickly - expectations were low as we overachieved In getting to the final. Proved to be a game too far against a well organised Prem side in all but name. No shame in losing..

Address the areas that need strengthening (the game highlighted these pretty blatantly) and we'll move on from this fairly quickly I think.

Bar and expectations will be high which will be the challenge, along with a tougher league to get out of.

I'm trying hard to feel devastated but I'm just not.

I've felt worse than this after games many times over the years. I'm optimistic for the future, how can you not be?

Arsenal H, Cardiff H, Brighton H & Wembley were all fantastic occasions and there's plenty more to come.

I'm knocking 56 and that without doubt is the best I've ever seen our support.

Keep the faith.

Edited by BIG D

My lift was eager to leave on the final whistle so never got to see any of this.

Is there any video footage anywhere?

Towards the end of the video on The Star link below;

http://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/video-relive-the-incredible-atmosphere-as-sheffield-wednesday-fans-had-wembley-rocking-1-7937581