Standing

So question for all the sitters. Would you put up with whatever reason it was that makes you a sitter to leave the atmosphere as it was yesterday being the best ever witnessed at the new wembley or would you insist on the strict seating rules being applied and take away that atmosphere and with it the singing? Please bear in mind when answering we have gained a lot of respect from outside for the way our support came acrosss yesterday.

Some people want to stand, some people want to sit. They should be segregated into standing and seating area's. The rules at the moment are that we have all seated stadiums so everyone should sit down, it really is that simple.

So question for all the sitters. Would you put up with whatever reason it was that makes you a sitter to leave the atmosphere as it was yesterday being the best ever witnessed at the new wembley or would you insist on the strict seating rules being applied and take away that atmosphere and with it the singing? Please bear in mind when answering we have gained a lot of respect from outside for the way our support came acrosss yesterday.

We got praised in the media for the sheer noise and volumes of fans that went to the game. We didn't get praised for standing up all the way through the game.

Are you saying that we wouldn't have generated the noise we did if we all sat down? If so, I highly doubt that with all due respect.

Ok. So if a person that's sat behind you has a problem with standing up for a couple of hours during the course of a match because it will cause back pains (whatever) for days afterwards because you were standing up in front of that person when supposed to be seated what would you feel about that?

I'm a considerate person and have a conscience so would never stand directly in front of someone who had any health issues etc. At home I choose to go in an area where I can stand up as I prefer to stand. At away games everyone stand so me standing is making no difference. As I said earlier if someone has an issue the tell the club and I'm sure they'd allocate a seat at the front so they could sit and see.

Until something changes in the law technically everyone should be seated home or away. That is never going to happen. At Hillsborough people have a choice where they buy a ticket for and know if they will want to sit or stand. Yesterday and generally at away games you don't have that choice. At away games I will always stand despite having a condition which causes me a great deal of pain but I can just cope with it, but if I want to see the game I have no choice. I'm sure there are others who are less able/older than me that go to away games and I would totally support their right to be able to watch the game seated.

How this can be overcome I'm not sure unless certain areas can be designated for standing but as the law stands that can not be done. Maybe coming up with other words for areas can be created for example "singing section" where you know if you buy a ticket there you know you will be stood.

That is the point - at Brighton it was stupid in the section directly behind the goal. Folk stood in the aisles and when we scored literally careered head first down the steps. Bloke stood in the aisle seat in front went flying over the one in front. St John's Ambulance men came in to see to 2 fellas.

Now I am no prude, I stand at away games - I am old enough to remember the terraces so know that type of celebration is twice as dangerous in the seats.

A Wembley final is totally different to an away game - because it's an home game crowd at a neutral venue. So the folk going probably decline away games normally on the basis they can't cope. But they should be able to watch a final in comfort if they choose

Can't argue with your first but that's people being idiots rather than standing in your correct seat causing a problem.

The club should have done something to help people who wanted to get a seat near the front of a specific tier.

We got praised in the media for the sheer noise and volumes of fans that went to the game. We didn't get praised for standing up all the way through the game.

Are you saying that we wouldn't have generated the noise we did if we all sat down? If so, I highly doubt that with all due respect.

Yes. Thats exactly the point I'm making. Its far easier to stand and sing and make a racket than when sat down. An example being if and when we score do you keep sat or stand up and cheer?

But that's the thing an inconsiderate fan/s is making other fans have to do things (like you suggest and had to do) that they wouldn't and shouldn't have to be do all because they don't want to sit down like they're supposed to!

There were two young kids in front of me standing on their seats (all the seats at Wembley are the plastic flappy ones like we have at hillsborough) and they were struggling to see anything because the lobbers in rows front wouldn't sit down during the game. You can pretty much bet that those kids might think twice about going to another Wednesday game as they have to stand up for hours on end.

What if that one kids had fallen through those seats and the kid hurt themselves?

All this because some fans think they automatically have a God given right to stand without thinking of others that might be behind them.

It's an away game though. You know what you're letting yourself in for on an away game. Yes. The letter of the law says sit....but we never do. You cannot go to a Wednesday away game and loan that you've been forced to stand. In an ideal world the first few rows would be roped off for sitters.

The children in question may or may not have been struggling to see, but you cannot determine whether this effected their enjoyment. The game was hardly a classic and, from my own personal experience of being a child at an away game and speaking for my brother, the bouncing and singing and what not is ten times more fun when you're a child than watching the game itself. Especially when we're not attacking.

As for 'falling through the seat' you may as well wrap them in cotton wool if you worry bout that. Plenty of other 'dangers' at footy. I see grown men stood on those seats and they don't fall through'. And any parents gonna have some sort of grip on the kid anyway in case of a goal.

It's an away game though. You know what you're letting yourself in for on an away game. Yes. The letter of the law says sit....but we never do. You cannot go to a Wednesday away game and loan that you've been forced to stand. In an ideal world the first few rows would be roped off for sitters.

The children in question may or may not have been struggling to see, but you cannot determine whether this effected their enjoyment. The game was hardly a classic and, from my own personal experience of being a child at an away game and speaking for my brother, the bouncing and singing and what not is ten times more fun when you're a child than watching the game itself. Especially when we're not attacking.

As for 'falling through the seat' you may as well wrap them in cotton wool if you worry bout that. Plenty of other 'dangers' at footy. I see grown men stood on those seats and they don't fall through'. And any parents gonna have some sort of grip on the kid anyway in case of a goal.

All good points flying owl as are mine.

Hold on, aren't you supposed to be on the steering group?

You had empty seats near you? How many? I couldn't see any at all near me

3 next to me which was by the aisle too so I had room to shift across for the blokes sitting behind.

Seats were obviously bought and paid for but either the 3 went to stand with mates or were too drunk and missed the match lol

Yes. Thats exactly the point I'm making. Its far easier to stand and sing and make a racket than when sat down. An example being if and when we score do you keep sat or stand up and cheer?

I'm talking about standing throughout the duration of the game not about when we score. I personally don't have a condition that precludes me from standing, however, plenty of people around me do. The same people make more than enough noise sat down at home so frankly the 'it's easier to make more noise when stood' argument doesn't wash with me.

It boils down to some fans being completely inconsiderate and not thinking about others around them, the knock on effect and the authorities being too poo poo scared to do anything about these people that break the law.

The law should be changed so there are sections where people can stand if they want to. It won't happen though.