Standing

The lack of consideration from some of our fans makes me ashamed to be an Owl.

My dads disabled and just about managed to stand throughout on an area provided from the club, I witnessed others round us struggling with walking sticks and crutches too.

I took my lad who is 4, yesterday he managed to watch an entire game but the only way that was possible was with him on my shoulders the entire way through. If you were behind me I apologise and thank you for being understanding

I know nothing about the disabled area at Wembley. Are you saying that everybody in the disabled area was standing? If so why isn't the disabled area at Wembley at the very front like at Hillsborough so nobody can stand in front?

You've got to be on a wind up lol

No i'm not on a wind up. All sections of our fanbase should be represented on the steering group and the fact that a young female is on the group makes me immensely proud. But one who denies the rule of law, club rules and regulations shouldn't be on the group, you need to resign. Either sit and comply or resign, but of course you won't most people have no principles these days, they want their cake and eat it.

Ive been on this site for a few years now and wondered by people kept responding to some of your posts by saying 'f*** off Bez'. Now I know why.

I have been on Owlstalk for many years and never noticed you.

Shame you popped up now - then again, now I can imagine you being miserable next time I stand in front of someone...

Guest Ash76

I know nothing about the disabled area at Wembley. Are you saying that everybody in the disabled area was standing? If so why isn't the disabled area at Wembley at the very front like at Hillsborough so nobody can stand in front?

There are wheelchair bays only, ambulant disable take normal 'seats'

If you are saying that it's OK to stand in front of able people but not disabled people then that is prejudiced.

But people do stand.

It's a long tradition and will continue.

Which is why the ticket office will help anyone with the need to sit on an away day. Very accommodating staff who'll bend over backwards.

The needs of sitters shouldn't be ignored. But that doesn't mean that the tradition and enjoyment of away games and our famous away atmosphere should suffer.

And it would suffer.

No it's not. People used to sit in the seats when all seaters were first introduced. Some used to stand and be made to sit down. Only in the last 10 years or so has it become more prevalent and the stewards have a job to enforce it. One of thexcuses for Forest only giving us so few tickets was because our fans refuse to sit down when told.

Why didn't all those who wanted to stand go and get tickets behind the goal where standing is tolerated and the standers seemed to gather instead of going at the front of the £78 seats where we were and other areas of the ground causing mayhem?

It was selfish and ignorant to be standing like yesterday. In 528 it got very heated across the gangway from where we were sat. The orange jacketed steward didn't do anything as the selfish little nobs just laughed and swore at him and everybody else but eventually three blue jacketed stewards came in and removed those stood right at the front. Good stewarding but most of the first half had gone by this time.

I go to some away games but would prefer to sit in the seat for most the game which I have paid for but can't.

All this about not creating an atmosphere when sitting is rubbish. We were chanting and singing as much as  all those standing (and do for all games when sitting) and also got up to bounce whenever it was going as well as at other times. We just didn't stand throughout the entire match so people behind can't see.

I haven't even got onto the safety side of people being knocked over the back of the seats in front as they are so low which can create a domino effect to the rows in front. Far more dangerous than proper standing areas.

I just wonder if a section of safe standing was brought in (which it won't unfortunately) if we'd still end with these selfish souls stood up in other areas. The attitude yesterday was of "I'll do what I want and F*** everybody else" but hey WAWAW or so I thought.

I can't wait to go to our first away game next season and sit down. That will certainly make a cracking atmosphere.

It's alright though Orlando, us sitters will stay away or be made to feel like we can't go because inconsiderate people won't be able to make 'a cracking atmosphere' because they're made to sit down.

It's alright though Orlando, us sitters will stay away or be made to feel like we can't go because inconsiderate people won't be able to make 'a cracking atmosphere' because they're made to sit down.

Like I said previously, it's unfortunate, but unless something changes any game away from Hillsborough will have 90% people standing, and I can't see how that can be stopped.

No it's not. People used to sit in the seats when all seaters were first introduced. Some used to stand and be made to sit down. Only in the last 10 years or so has it become more prevalent and the stewards have a job to enforce it. One of thexcuses for Forest only giving us so few tickets was because our fans refuse to sit down when told.

Why didn't all those who wanted to stand go and get tickets behind the goal where standing is tolerated and the standers seemed to gather instead of going at the front of the £78 seats where we were and other areas of the ground causing mayhem?

It was selfish and ignorant to be standing like yesterday. In 528 it got very heated across the gangway from where we were sat. The orange jacketed steward didn't do anything as the selfish little nobs just laughed and swore at him and everybody else but eventually three blue jacketed stewards came in and removed those stood right at the front. Good stewarding but most of the first half had gone by this time.

I go to some away games but would prefer to sit in the seat for most the game which I have paid for but can't.

All this about not creating an atmosphere when sitting is rubbish. We were chanting and singing as much as all those standing (and do for all games when sitting) and also got up to bounce whenever it was going as well as at other times. We just didn't stand throughout the entire match so people behind can't see.

I haven't even got onto the safety side of people being knocked over the back of the seats in front as they are so low which can create a domino effect to the rows in front. Far more dangerous than proper standing areas.

I just wonder if a section of safe standing was brought in (which it won't unfortunately) if we'd still end with these selfish souls stood up in other areas. The attitude yesterday was of "I'll do what I want and F*** everybody else" but hey WAWAW or so I thought.

This this this and this x 1,000,000,000

WAWAW yeah right.

FFS, is it giro day tomorrow or summat

So you're in support of people 'sitting down', including those that are unable too because of age or ailment. Then you make your point by being 'ageist'. You really have shown yourself up to be a lovely human being. 

So you're in support of people 'sitting down', including those that are unable too because of age or ailment. Then you make your point by being 'ageist'. You really have shown yourself up to be a lovely human being. 

So some people can't sit down because of age or ailment? Are you that simple?

All this about not creating an atmosphere when sitting is rubbish. We were chanting and singing as much as  all those standing (and do for all games when sitting) and also got up to bounce whenever it was going as well as at other times. We just didn't stand throughout the entire match so people behind can't see.

very well put