FA ask for clarification re: 6 loanees

Wow

Only just caught up with this, the amount of flouncing is unprecedented

Mistakes do actually happen. Given the amount of changes forced on us that day, given the quantity of players that travelled, it's entirely understandable that a mistake could be made.

People are jumping to conclusions given the timing of the tweet that this was brought to the attention of the club by a fan. There's no guarantee that was actually the case.

It's entirely feasible that mountains might well be getting made out of molehills (on Owlstalk, who would have thought it)...

Chill out. The mistake was spotted, no law was broken. No punishment will be given.

Now let's look forward to Saturday and getting things back on track.

Yep, mistakes can (and often do) happen, I learnt many years ago that it's not dropping a bo110ck that's the problem, it's how you get out of it that counts...

We seem to be so much more proffesionally run lately that you would expect us to have a "chaperone" looking after the press, if so, how come the error wasn't explained to them so SKY, RS (and Pearson) wouldn't look such numpties ?

Just thought, do you know what caused the changes that were "forced" on us ?

You really do seem to be trying to kiss ass lately, you after a cheap box next season ?

Edited by Captain Sl-OWL-ly

Guest Deleted member

You really do seem to be trying to kiss ass lately, you after a cheap box next season ?

lol

Kiss ass?

I can't imagine many would make that assumption. How did you jump to that conclusion?

Sensationalistic rounduns again from our local media

Last week they were all over a miss-quote, this week they're all over this nonsense. They can't wait to stick a boot in to make a headline.

"A fan spotted it"

Do we know that as a fact? Or is that also a load of gonads created by the Howson?

I'm fairly certain both Derby and Cardiff would kick up one hell of a fuss as every point counts.

And even if we weren't docked points (something I'm willing to concede), that doesn't address the playoff final fact does it? The FL, FA and PL would have an extremely tough time permitting us to enter the Prem if we broke the rules in the play-off final. Having six loanees in the squad is essentially the equivalent of fielding an ineligible player... 5 loanees are eligible, one is not. If any team fielded an ineligible player in the play-off final, the result would be scrapped of that I am certain.

As I say, ifs, buts and maybes are not a good argument, and I'm fully aware this is what this is entirely based on. But we flat out cannot afford to make these types of mistakes, it's embarrassing. Fortunately it's incredibly unlikely it'll happen again, so at the end of the day it matters not. But regardless it's a very poor show on our part

But it wasn't the playoff final. It was the 41st league match of the season. Why are you worrying about a match we may not even get the chance to play in?! If it happens on the day then so be it and we'll deal with the consequences then but there will be no fine or points deduction as we rectified the mistake before the match started.

And like I said we would take the FL to court and would likely get the points back as they'd have no leg to stand on

But it wasn't the playoff final. It was the 41st league match of the season. Why are you worrying about a match we may not even get the chance to play in?! If it happens on the day then so be it and we'll deal with the consequences then but there will be no fine or points deduction as we rectified the mistake before the match started.

And like I said we would take the FL to court and would likely get the points back as they'd have no leg to stand on

Which is why I said I admit it's a poor argument. But it's also a very poor showing from us.

I don't anticipate any punishment whatsoever, but my point is that we can't afford to make mistakes like this at crunch time- we're at the stage where we have to be ultra-professional. The mistake was fixed and it shouldn't happen again so that really is the end of my argument and as far as I'm concerned the end of the discussion... but I'm simply saying I can also see why people are complaining about it and why it's irking to them to see some people's apparent blasé attitude over it. 

As I say, as far as I'm concerned it's done and there can't be any punishment even possibly considered to be upheld- I was simply postulating a scenario whereby people maybe wouldn't be so relaxed about us making a similar mistake again

I think a mistake such as this is absolutely inexcusable !!!

The result of this game should be annulled and the game replayed.

(Hopefully we couldn't make such a balls of it again could we?) :tango:

Well seeing as we didn't field any ineligible players, then no?

The Football League asked for our 'observations' - this suggests they want to know what processes we have in place to stop stuff like this happening in the future and potentially being an issue if not spotted.  Nothing to worry or fret about whatsoever. 

^^^^

This

We broke the rules about naming players on the team sheet, but then corrected it, at no time did we field an ineligible player. There are two different rules governing this situation and we fell foul of the minor one only. Small fine and a slap on the wrist likely result.

Had we actually fielded an ineligible player then we would have been in serious trouble and more than likely facing a points deduction.

Very embarrassing on the part of the club but probably no serious harm done.