FA ask for clarification re: 6 loanees

To be fair, he is overreacting.

But what would have happened if we had named those 6 loanees and won? We would have almost certainly been docked points, which depending on how results went at the weekend (fortunately regardless they went in our favour), would have been bad and you wouldn't have been so laid back about it now

Or what if it had been done in the play-off final and we'd won? Embarrassing wouldn't even begin to cover it as I'm not sure the FA, Football or Premier League could fairly allow us to enter the top division had we broken the rules at Wembley.

Ifs, buts and maybes do not a good argument make I know, but it is an elementary mistake and one that on another day could prove to be costly to the tune of over £100 million. We're a Championship Football Club chasing the play-offs to get to the richest league in the world... mistakes like what happened on Saturday cannot be permitted to happen at any cost

We wouldn't have been docked points and we didn't before. And I'm sure we'd contest the decision in the courts if we was stating this.

We may get a fine but was is 2k to us these days?

We wouldn't have been docked points and we didn't before. And I'm sure we'd contest the decision in the courts if we was stating this.

We may get a fine but was is 2k to us these days?

I'm fairly certain both Derby and Cardiff would kick up one hell of a fuss as every point counts.

And even if we weren't docked points (something I'm willing to concede), that doesn't address the playoff final fact does it? The FL, FA and PL would have an extremely tough time permitting us to enter the Prem if we broke the rules in the play-off final. Having six loanees in the squad is essentially the equivalent of fielding an ineligible player... 5 loanees are eligible, one is not. If any team fielded an ineligible player in the play-off final, the result would be scrapped of that I am certain.

As I say, ifs, buts and maybes are not a good argument, and I'm fully aware this is what this is entirely based on. But we flat out cannot afford to make these types of mistakes, it's embarrassing. Fortunately it's incredibly unlikely it'll happen again, so at the end of the day it matters not. But regardless it's a very poor show on our part

Contesting decisions in court is like shutting the door after the horse has bolted. A bit like the Tevez thing.

Didn't Rotherham get in trouble points wise for an ineligible loan player? Would this be similar.

Hopefully we should be ok in this instance

Well seeing as we didn't field any ineligible players, then no?

The Football League asked for our 'observations' - this suggests they want to know what processes we have in place to stop stuff like this happening in the future and potentially being an issue if not spotted.  Nothing to worry or fret about whatsoever. 

Guest Deleted member

Wow

Only just caught up with this, the amount of flouncing is unprecedented

Mistakes do actually happen. Given the amount of changes forced on us that day, given the quantity of players that travelled, it's entirely understandable that a mistake could be made.

People are jumping to conclusions given the timing of the tweet that this was brought to the attention of the club by a fan. There's no guarantee that was actually the case.

It's entirely feasible that mountains might well be getting made out of molehills (on Owlstalk, who would have thought it)...

Chill out. The mistake was spotted, no law was broken. No punishment will be given.

Now let's look forward to Saturday and getting things back on track.

Well seeing as we didn't field any ineligible players, then no?

The Football League asked for our 'observations' - this suggests they want to know what processes we have in place to stop stuff like this happening in the future and potentially being an issue if not spotted.  Nothing to worry or fret about whatsoever. 

So, we just tell them that we have a website full of experts keeping a close eye on things and we'll be reyt?

So, we just tell them that we have a website full of experts keeping a close eye on things and we'll be reyt?

I'd imagine it'll be that we offer excuse x, y or z why the person that normally checks for admin errors such as this didn't manage to perform their job properly.  We'll say what we are going to do to make sure this problem doesn't crop up again, and that'll be it.  Its 'observations' the Football League want, its such a non-story (not that that has ever stopped the Star peddling such crap).

As Grandad said, the amount of flouncing in this thread is incredible.  The same as in the thread where people were spreading stupid, irresponsible rumours about player bustups because we had the cheek to get beat quite convincingly.  In a season of such positivity and delight, I'm unsure why some fans are whipping up non-problems, or buying into the nonsense.  

We have had to watch the numbers of loans all season and done it well so that says to me this was one of two things

Either the person filling in the teamsheet simply put the wrong name or it got messy and confused if we did actually have to change things cos of Hooper.

A mistake was made and corrected . No worries.

Dear FA/League,

Sorry about the confusion, it's all to do with healthy living. The tendency towards smoking cessation means there is a distinct lack of *** packets kicking around the dressing rooms these days. We had to reuse one from the previous week and a couple of names were deleted/added in error.

PS Fessi and Barry send their love and best wishes.