Rotherham Tickets Prices

Given the relatively negligible price disparity between last season, and the relatively large disparity between league table, results, and goals scored, surely we should be pulling at least a couple thousand more? So 29K .

Rotherham will bring less than ever. Plenty of ours will still find reasons not to go. Promise of play offs will only add significant extra to the gate in final few weeks of the season.

Reasonable pricing IMO.

Not convinced there will be such a good walk up attendance though as Rovrum

have lost much of their attraction to the Owls fans due to the loss of 'Jabba the Hutt' ............

Wait a minute !!!   Reports that 'Colin' linked with Rovrum job.

Now that could be more of an attraction than Fatty Evans.

Sad state of affairs at S6 (and football in general) when a seat behind the goal for a second division league game, against a small team like Rotherham, in a stand where the facilities can best be described as 'pathetic', and the view of the pitch is obscured by two pillars; costs £30 and some on here pop the celebration corks and start a wankathon.

:laugh:

It's too late to do what Derby did.

They absolutely smashed their ST sales figures with an extremely aggressive pricing + marketing + rewards strategy to get the ball rolling.

Once the ball was rolling they added to it by keeping match day prices reasonable and then focussing on converting those to ST holders, again with aggressive incentives, coupled by the fact the product was better.

We've now set our baseline for the next 3 years with the deadline that has just closed.

Derby certainly didn't grow their fan base (or at least fan base who attend matches) with cut price match day pricing.

Whilst that seems like a good idea, and logic even suggest people will come every week, get hooked, and eventually get a ST if you do that, historical data quite clearly demonstrates that not to be the case.

I love all the this stand should be this and that stand should be that.

All complete fantasy land. Not happening in a million years just deal with it and move on

I have moved on son. Me and thousands of others it seems.

But rather than revel in self-gratification if I'm a 1st phase ST holder or wallow in self-pity if I'm struggling to put food on the table and choose feeding my family than go to the match, I'd rather offer up potential solutions to the situations as they present themselves.

I think it's called maturity.

Edited by rawsheffield

Guest oasisowl81

I have moved on son. Me and thousands of others it seems.

But rather than revel in self-gratification if I'm a 1st phase ST holder or wallow in self-pity if I'm struggling to put food on the table and choose feeding my family than go to the match, I'd rather offer up potential solutions to the situations as they present themselves.

I think it's called maturity.

You're better than that Rich. The prices for this game are OK for this game, yes we got it wrong at the start and perhaps alienated a few hundred (the gates aren't down by that much) perhaps lower prices would have tempted a few more lapsed fans who have got out of the habit but hindsight is a wonderful attribute.

It's all about membership IMO.

I've paid between £25-28 this season for my tickets. 

Given the quality of football, and calibre of players we've bought in, I am more than happy to pay that - even more so given what I paid to watch football down at S6 last season.

I can't believe we're still having the discussions about ticket prices TBH. It's obvious that Chansiri has set out his stall re: pricing so folk really need to get off their high horses and suck it in.

We'll be arranging walkouts next, following Kivo out the ground and as he chants 'twenty's plenty' down his megaphone.

Edited by owlZfan84

I went to look at a car the other day (second hand before anyone accuses me of being a multi-millionaire), so I checked the insurance cost and it was through the roof. So I had two choices, pay it or forget the car.

I forgot the car. I could have paid it but never worth it, couldn't justify it.

Our ticket prices are very much the same. Take it or leave it. That's the cold hard reality of the situation.

Guest oasisowl81

Nope. They were in the same league as us the last time I looked. They have a better ground than us and a good record at Hillsboro. We scrape into 6th position thanks to QPR and some think we are a big club all of a sudden. We aren't and Rotherham is a big game whether we like it or not. We need to do better than last seasons nil nil. Should be good atmosphere. It's these games where we tend to slip up.

Better ground? Stick to Sincil Bank then you fecking balloon.

But that's just it...there is absolutely no justification for the prices being set as high as they have been. We are the most expensive on the division. We are more expensive than approximately half the Premiership.

Why?

Can anyone answer why?

(And not some smart arsed comment about DC can charge what he wants).

We have an half empty stadium.

We have a Chairman 'baffled' by our low crowds. Has no-one explained things to him? He realises this is South Yorkshire and not South London doesn't he??

Just what the flipping hell is going on? Seriously. Who has implemented this pricing strategy? And WHY?

And the apathetic acceptance and self-preservation of the majority on here is sickening.

Guest trusty_left_peg

But that's just it...there is absolutely no justification for the prices being set as high as they have been. We are the most expensive on the division. We are more expensive than approximately half the Premiership.

Why?

Can anyone answer why?

We have a Chairman 'baffled' by our low crowds. Has no-one explained things to him? He realises this is South Yorkshire and not South London doesn't he??

Just what the flipping hell is going on? Seriously. Who has implemented this pricing strategy? And WHY?

And the apathetic acceptance and self-preservation of the majority on here is sickening.

You could always contact the club with your concerns if you haven't already?

Guest oasisowl81

Why?

Can anyone answer why?

Hasn't the person who proposed the ticket pricing recently left?

Edit.....are we the most expensive in the division or is that just the highest, as yet used, categories?

Edited by oasisowl81