Rotherham Tickets Prices

But that's just it...there is absolutely no justification for the prices being set as high as they have been. We are the most expensive on the division. We are more expensive than approximately half the Premiership.

Why?

Can anyone answer why?

(And not some smart arsed comment about DC can charge what he wants).

We have an half empty stadium.

We have a Chairman 'baffled' by our low crowds. Has no-one explained things to him? He realises this is South Yorkshire and not South London doesn't he??

Just what the flipping hell is going on? Seriously. Who has implemented this pricing strategy? And WHY?

And the apathetic acceptance and self-preservation of the majority on here is sickening.

Just a thought, but maybe the 'majority' are actually enjoying Wednesday life at the moment, and watching the fare on offer at the moment after years of dross over rides and makes the difference between tickets being £28.00 and £30.00 for example totally and completely irrelevant.

What i find sickening, is the constant and perpetual whinging and moaning about f*****g ticket prices when we have player's busting a gut for us who we could only have dreamed of playing for us as recently as 9 months ago.

As for 'apathetic acceptance'. Does it ever cross your mind that it isn't 'apathetic acceptance' (as if people aren't capable of forming their own opinion), but maybe they actually agree with the business plan being instigated by the club, including the way pricing is being structured with the emphasis on longer term commitment with prices commensurate with this commitment.

Also sick of hearing "We are located in South Yorkshire, not South London'. Does that mean we are willing to temper our ambitions accordingly and meekly accept we can never compete with the likes of giants like QPR, Brentford, Millwall, Orient.  We need to lose this South Yorks persecution complex. Yeah, incomes are lower in S Yorks but so are house prices, rents etc etc. 

Just for a while can we just enjoy what's happening to us as Wednesdayites. 

We've had goal of the week about 6 times. We've had PFA player about 4 times, we're 6th in the table, everyone's talking about us and all you see on here is F*****g whinge, moan, people telling DC how to run the club who have never run so much as a raffle.

Time to either put up or shut up methinks, but knowing the S Yorks mentality, as much chance of that as United signing a player.

Just a thought, but maybe the 'majority' are actually enjoying Wednesday life at the moment, and watching the fare on offer at the moment after years of dross over rides and makes the difference between tickets being £28.00 and £30.00 for example totally and completely irrelevant.

What i find sickening, is the constant and perpetual whinging and moaning about f*****g ticket prices when we have player's busting a gut for us who we could only have dreamed of playing for us as recently as 9 months ago.

As for 'apathetic acceptance'. Does it ever cross your mind that it isn't 'apathetic acceptance' (as if people aren't capable of forming their own opinion), but maybe they actually agree with the business plan being instigated by the club, including the way pricing is being structured with the emphasis on longer term commitment with prices commensurate with this commitment.

Also sick of hearing "We are located in South Yorkshire, not South London'. Does that mean we are willing to temper our ambitions accordingly and meekly accept we can never compete with the likes of giants like QPR, Brentford, Millwall, Orient. We need to lose this South Yorks persecution complex. Yeah, incomes are lower in S Yorks but so are house prices, rents etc etc.

Just for a while can we just enjoy what's happening to us as Wednesdayites.

We've had goal of the week about 6 times. We've had PFA player about 4 times, we're 6th in the table, everyone's talking about us and all you see on here is F*****g whinge, moan, people telling DC how to run the club who have never run so much as a raffle.

Time to either put up or shut up methinks, but knowing the S Yorks mentality, as much chance of that as United signing a player.

The majority are enjoying Wednesday life at the minute.

But not everyone who would like too, are able to watch.

Something that doesn't concern the vast majority of people on this forum.

IAJ's

Guest oasisowl81

The majority are enjoying Wednesday life at the minute.

But not everyone who would like too, are able to watch.

Something that doesn't concern the vast majority of people on this forum.

IAJ's

As an "IAJ" I find it offensive that season ticket holders who stump up year on year are meant to feel bad for having a level of disposable income that allows them to watch their passion as often as is possible. I do believe that the pricing structure for matchdays was initially set wrong but some of the moaning is for moaning sake, £25/£30 for Rotherham is about right if we are to progress, until we hit pay dirt with PL TV deals or parachute payments we have to fund the promotion push partially ourselves. Of course i feel bad that some folk cannot afford but in essence I believe more are choosing to stay away due to the public misinformation (ie it's £52 a pop) rather than cost.

People have it in their minds that tickets are expensive and are kind of oblivious to any offers unfortunately. Rotherham wll bring surprisingly few by comparison to last year when they smelt a potential victory.

Its there cup final, they'll bring thousands, even some that hardly ever go to home games.

Fill top tier no problem.

Would like to ask those who are happy with the current prices at Hillsborough because we have a better team, would they change they minds if results changed? I hope they don't but not impossible we don't go up this season and are a mid table team next season.

Everyone knows that and that's the gamble with the the 3 year tickets. But most of these fans would be getting a season ticket anyway, whatever division we're in.

Would not say the 3 year season ticket is fantastic value but with the general price of football they are just about ok.

I got a 3 year season ticket for the North Stand and £1465 is an awful lot of money for me and left myself a bit short for a couple of months but that is my choice I guess.

Just find prices for non season ticket holder frankly disgusting. Really don't understand why we are the most expensive in the league (apart from Leeds maybe). We are £10 higher on average then other clubs around us.

Would not say the 3 year season ticket is fantastic value but with the general price of football they are just about ok.

I got a 3 year season ticket for the North Stand and £1465 is an awful lot of money for me and left myself a bit short for a couple of months but that is my choice I guess.

Just find prices for non season ticket holder frankly disgusting. Really don't understand why we are the most expensive in the league (apart from Leeds maybe). We are £10 higher on average then other clubs around us.

We're more expensive than Leeds. I proved that earlier in the thread.

The IAJ's neither see or acknowledge that though as it doesn't suit their agenda.

Like I've said in multiple threads...God help us if we don't go up in the next few years as there will literally only be ST holders in the stadium. Crowds of sub 20k will become the norm and the stadium will continue to be an empty shell with the atmosphere akin to a morgue.

Guest oasisowl81

The IAJ's neither see or acknowledge that though as it doesn't suit their agenda.

Like I've said in multiple threads...God help us if we don't go up in the next few years as there will literally only be ST holders in the stadium. Crowds of sub 20k will become the norm and the stadium will continue to be an empty shell with the atmosphere akin to a morgue.

We are more expensive in one stand, not the other side (the SS is £37) and their side stands are either comparable or dearer.

We are more expensive in one stand, not the other side (the SS is £37) and their side stands are either comparable or dearer.

Selective deafness?

I chose to compare the cheapest tickets for both clubs (as you would do when you are debating ticket price comparisons) and this IMHO is a fair comparison.

Their Kop

Against our Kop

We are substantially more expensive than Leeds United.

Let that sink in for a minute.

This sums up why it's pointless debating this on here.

You claim conclusive proof based on 2 matches in isolation, against different opposition, from 1 category of pricing in 1 stand, from the whole range of different types of tickets on sale, entirely disregarding that current form league position, and many other factors affect prices throughout a season.

It's simply a load of rubbish. Your entire argument is based around the rubbish you've found. You're trying to debate rubbish.

You've said yourself you can't be bothered to trawl through the data to find the true facts, so turn to lazy snippets of nonsense to back up the point you're trying to prove.

Look, I've got better things to do than trawl through loads of other clubs prices.

Simply, I picked Leeds because everyone agrees they used to be the most expensive club in the division. And, I simply chose the next two home games.

I haven't got time for spreadsheets, graphs or algorithms.

We are more expensive. Simple as that.

Selective deafness?

I chose to compare the cheapest tickets for both clubs (as you would do when you are debating ticket price comparisons) and this IMHO is a fair comparison.

Their Kop

Against our Kop

We are substantially more expensive than Leeds United.

Let that sink in for a minute.

You did it over 2 games and compared non members prices only, any chance of a fair comparison?

Edit - Just noticed your reply to Nebeeb, if you've not the time then the time you have spouting off on here will always be regarded as selective rubbish

Edited by Ash76

Look, I've got better things to do than trawl through loads of other clubs prices.

Simply, I picked Leeds because everyone agrees they used to be the most expensive club in the division. And, I simply chose the next two home games.

I haven't got time for spreadsheets, graphs or algorithms.

We are more expensive. Simple as that.

Yeah, so as I said.

This sums up why it's pointless debating this on here.

You claim conclusive proof based on 2 matches in isolation, against different opposition, from 1 category of pricing in 1 stand, from the whole range of different types of tickets on sale, entirely disregarding that current form league position, and many other factors affect prices throughout a season.

It's simply a load of rubbish. Your entire argument is based around the rubbish you've found. You're trying to debate rubbish.

You've said yourself you can't be bothered to trawl through the data to find the true facts, so turn to lazy snippets of nonsense to back up the point you're trying to prove.

Shame you don't have better things to do than post tripe.