Rotherham Tickets Prices

But that's just it...there is absolutely no justification for the prices being set as high as they have been. We are the most expensive on the division. We are more expensive than approximately half the Premiership.

Why?

Can anyone answer why?

(And not some smart arsed comment about DC can charge what he wants).

We have an half empty stadium.

We have a Chairman 'baffled' by our low crowds. Has no-one explained things to him? He realises this is South Yorkshire and not South London doesn't he??

Just what the flipping hell is going on? Seriously. Who has implemented this pricing strategy? And WHY?

And the apathetic acceptance and self-preservation of the majority on here is sickening.

We did have a half empty stadium last year. I think it's fairly obvious he wants to encourage season ticket purchases

And there is a difference between accepting something (something you can't do dam thing about) and agreeing with it.

I think he has got his pricing wrong but it got announced over 6 months ago, for this season it won't change so why waste your energy thinking about it?

Rawsheffield, the answers to most of your questions are freely available.

Just because you don't like the answers, or don't have the acumen to understand the answers (even if you disagree with the answer), doesn't mean they aren't there.

Even when they aren't immediately available, a little intuition from what is available could be insightful.

Also, it might help to do less ranting and more reading. More analysis of facts, and less speculation based on uninformed "intuition" aka fantasy.

Even put yourself in the position of the owner and consider what you would really do. Really. Not fantasy land with monopoly money.

Rawsheffield, the answers to most of your questions are freely available.

Just because you don't like the answers, or don't have the acumen to understand the answers (even if you disagree with the answer), doesn't mean they aren't there.

Even when they aren't immediately available, a little intuition from what is available could be insightful.

Also, it might help to do less ranting and more reading. More analysis of facts, and less speculation based on uninformed "intuition" aka fantasy.

Even put yourself in the position of the owner and consider what you would really do. Really. Not fantasy land with monopoly money.

Sorry but I still can't find any justification for the price hike anywhere.

Guest Ferkorf

36 Quid to sit on the kop against Brentford

31 if your a member.

Its an absolute disgrace to be honest.

For the kop we shouldnt be paying no more than £25 but to pay £25 for 'some' games you still have to spend another £30 on membership.

That hasn't encouraged me to buy a season ticket its just given me reason not to go at all which is absolutely devastating.

I hope some day further down the line the club wise up to this because I would love to start taking my daughter when shes old enough.

It's too late to do what Derby did.

They absolutely smashed their ST sales figures with an extremely aggressive pricing + marketing + rewards strategy to get the ball rolling.

Once the ball was rolling they added to it by keeping match day prices reasonable and then focussing on converting those to ST holders, again with aggressive incentives, coupled by the fact the product was better.

We've now set our baseline for the next 3 years with the deadline that has just closed.

Derby certainly didn't grow their fan base (or at least fan base who attend matches) with cut price match day pricing.

Whilst that seems like a good idea, and logic even suggest people will come every week, get hooked, and eventually get a ST if you do that, historical data quite clearly demonstrates that not to be the case.

Just curious, what did they do specifically?

Ha ha ha ha ha give over Lee, gates aren't down by that much (about 8k overall) prices are up, it'll be a fair bit more than £500k, even at say £2 per fan more per game that's £600k didn't you say it was up on average a lot more? Go conservative and say £5 that's £1.5m whilst not a drop on your increased wages/fees it's better for the club.

And further plugs the FFP gap.

Did he complain at ANY of the previous years prices?

No, so £28 then? A whole £2 for what we have this season

Credit where credit is due eh? It might have been painful for some this season but i'm pretty sure we'll be hearing about record breaking ST sales for next season in the near future. I'm also sure we'll break membership sales too, I know 2 lads that have just signed up to give them a better chance of away tickets for the run in and priority in case we're in the play offs

Stop guessing ffs

It's more an educated guess to be honest, because I don't have neither the time nor the inclination to trawl loads of other clubs websites checking ticket prices.

I'll just put this... From a club who we all roundly vilified for their prices and this forum actively encouraged our fans to boycott going to their ground over price concerns... Leeds United

Next two home games

Middlesbrough - £32

Fulham - £27

For their equivalent of our Kop.

Our next two home games

Brentford - £36

QPR - £30

The above are cold hard FACTS.

Anyone want to try and justify them?

It's an embarrassment.

It's uneducated, as i said you're just guessing and it's also ignorant and selective but fine lets go with your example an.d measure it alongside satisfaction results for supporters.

Those may well be our non members prices but i'd guess the % of people paying them is less than 2.5%, assuming that to be correct you're better off doing other comparisons for balance

Most in attendance game to game will be STH, members and/or concessions

It's uneducated, as i said you're just guessing and it's also ignorant and selective but fine lets go with your example an.d measure it alongside satisfaction results for supporters.

Those may well be our non members prices but i'd guess the % of people paying them is less than 2.5%, assuming that to be correct you're better off doing other comparisons for balance

Most in attendance game to game will be STH, members and/or concessions

What the bloody hell are you blabbering on about?

It's black and white, in print and in front of your very eyes!

And satisfaction results??? What the hell does that mean? If we are to measure this then without even having to count up I reckon SWFC owe me thousands of pounds :-)

No, the FFP gap has got wider.

The point i'm making is we were within it, without a change in ticketing structure and policy that may have not been the case anymore. 

What the bloody hell are you blabbering on about?

It's black and white, in print and in front of your very eyes!

And satisfaction results??? What the hell does that mean? If we are to measure this then without even having to count up I reckon SWFC owe me thousands of pounds :-)

The point I'm making is you've given an example from one club and I maintain its uneducated because you openly admit you can't be bothered to do full comparisons. To make statements like your earlier post about being the most expensive in the championship and half of the PL then that's something you should be prepared to do.

As for your final point we've all done that pal, some longer than other but we're Sheffield Wednesday and we take the ruff with the smooth.