Incident/CPR on the Kop

Guest Ellis Rimmer

Im genuinely fuming that the Star are running that as a story.

When did local papers start reporting twitter rumours as news?

how do you know they got it from twitter?

Guest Robster01

Lost all respect for the Star after they tried to make the unfortunate deaths near the canal into a genocide/mass murderer horror story. Hope the bloke is alright

Guest minsk owl

" the Star "  ( as most people remember it ) , ....... ceased to be, several years ago

Edited by minsk owl

What a terrible moment for everyone concerned. The poor fella trying to revive him must be devastated, along with family, friends and fellow supporters.

I was once carried out of the Kop vs Coventry a few years ago, I was right as rain one minute, then unconscious the next. St Johns Ambulance and the stewards did a wonderful job, and thankfully I made a full recovery.

You/we often take stewards, the St Johns Ambulance and even the police for granted - until you need them.

What a terrible incident, my thought are with those affected by todays events.

What a terrible moment for everyone concerned. The poor fella trying to revive him must be devastated, along with family, friends and fellow supporters.

I was once carried out of the Kop vs Coventry a few years ago, I was right as rain one minute, then unconscious the next. St Johns Ambulance and the stewards did a wonderful job, and thankfully I made a full recovery.

You/we often take stewards, the St Johns Ambulance and even the police for granted - until you need them.

What a terrible incident, my thought are with those affected by todays events.

As most know my lads a Bolton fan coz I failed as a father and we were at the game at White Heart Lane where Muamba collapsed. Ive had the upmost respect for the stewards, st johns ambulance and medical staff at all grounds since then, and sh*t i even donate to st johns monthly now, and I'm psychotic with no soul  lol

I hope he is alive was awful to see, was only a couple of empty seats between him and myself, I do hope the stewards don't get too much praise they took far too long to react, nothing happened until the police got involved

Think everyone was a bit confused at first. Was the row behind me a few seats along....wasn't clear to me for a while that the bloke needed help. Couldn't even see him slumped in his chair from my angle so the stewards might have it even harder. At first we all thought 'handbags' had happened.

Felt very sorry for the poor medics, one doing the CPR was white as a sheet. Looked younger than me and I'm only 20! 

Think the only official word was that he was breathing as he was taken off in the ambulance. Can only go with that for now. Female steward told us that 'the doctor' was with him so can only assume she meant the club doctor.

Thoughts are with him and his loved ones anyway. Shocking thing to happen.