Forestieri today, where was he?

I don't know where this theory that he's in Argentina came from. He posted saying he was celebrating an Argentinian festival but there was nothing to suggest he was in Argentina.

It's Owlstalk where 2+2=5 (at least)!

Guest Manwithastick

I don't know where this theory that he's in Argentina came from. He posted saying he was celebrating an Argentinian festival but there was nothing to suggest he was in Argentina.

he's from Argentina but i suppose he could be celebrating it at home in uk

sorry but this is completely wrong. If you read his tweet it states he is celebrating the holiday in Argentina. It's clearly an error on his part, but those people reading it literally cannot be questioned for thinking he was/ is in Argentina

he's from Argentina but i suppose he could be celebrating it at home in uk

That's as maybe, but I'm fairly certain I read somewhere that his parents are Italian, and came home to Italy when FF was fifteen or sixteen. Were he celebrating an Argentinian festival "at home", it would more likely be in Italy with his family, than in Argentina on his own. I'd also think that it's probably a fourteen or fifteen hour flight to Argentina, and there's no way he'd be making that journey twice over a weekend. When you hear him interviewed it fairly obvious he doesn't have the greatest command of the English language, so one would assume that all this stuff about him going to Argentina is a result of his poor English grammar.

Guest Pitsmoorpoet

Didn't want him cup tied for when a Prem side comes and signs him for 1.5million.

Wait. We don't need to do that poo poo anymore.

This

That's as maybe, but I'm fairly certain I read somewhere that his parents are Italian, and came home to Italy when FF was fifteen or sixteen. Were he celebrating an Argentinian festival "at home", it would more likely be in Italy with his family, than in Argentina on his own. I'd also think that it's probably a fourteen or fifteen hour flight to Argentina, and there's no way he'd be making that journey twice over a weekend. When you hear him interviewed it fairly obvious he doesn't have the greatest command of the English language, so one would assume that all this stuff about him going to Argentina is a result of his poor English grammar.

Correct.   He was 16 when his parents returned to Italy from Argentina.  He's played for Italy U21s v Russia.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fernando_Forestieri

His English is improving.  Maybe taking lessons from his poor English grammar.  He should slip her a few bob/pesos to help her medical fees.

Edited by Lincs Owl