Will we sell out for Newcastle ?

Guest Gazzaswfc

I think we went in shearer's bar when we played them.

4 of us & another group of 4 owls were in...the rest geordies.

they set an away fan a challenge of supping this horrendous drink (milk & eggs amongst other ingredients) if you drink it without been sick you can start a song of over a tannoy system. he chucked it all up & the geordies sang their song instead.....'a'way the lads' lol

Edited by richowl

I think we went in shearer's bar when we played them.

4 of us & another group of 4 owls were in...the rest geordies.

they set an away fan a challenge of supping this horrendous drink (milk & eggs amongst other ingredients) if you drink it without been sick you can start a song of over a tannoy system. he chucked it all up & the geordies sang their song instead.....'a'way the lads' lol

lol

Pretty sure they do that in the Riverside Cafe.

Whitley Bay lol

Good job we've got some locals on here to give out some advice. You wouldn't want to end up there, especially midweek.

I'm in a bit of a predicament whether to get a ticket in the away end on my lonesome or in the home end with a few Newcastle supporting mates.

Whitley Bay lol

Good job we've got some locals on here to give out some advice. You wouldn't want to end up there, especially midweek.

I'm in a bit of a predicament whether to get a ticket in the away end on my lonesome or in the home end with a few Newcastle supporting mates.

I'm in the same boat as you EvaD!  Lived up here for a long time and got quite a few toon supporting friends, but am getting ticket in the away end, as am hoping for good turn out from us (numbers-wise), good backing of the team, though I'm not that hopeful about getting a result.......

I know what you mean about being a bit lonesome, but once you're there with all the Wednesday fans, you'll feel right at home :-)

are the 1st batch the entire upper tier then? I wonder where the 2nd batch would be should we need that...

Will still be upper tier is my guess. Stretches around the corner and all the way down the length of the pitch.

Whitley Bay lol

Same as me. I'm going away end though. Can't enjoy the home end

Yes it's still going, love that place, It's hideous but holds some good memories. They've recently got rid of the smelly carpet inside and replaced it with laminate flooring though. 

I remember a bar down on the Quayside with a daft name. Think it was the Quilted Camel just under Tyne Bridge, is that still there?