Forestieri Signs - OFFICIAL

I genuinely think on his day he is as good as anything in the division - and my guess is that give it half a dozen games and no Wednesday fan would swap him for any other championship player

We've got some bloody good players now - hopefully they can be made to gel in a system that suits them

I think for now at least it would be good for Wednesdayites to be belting out the Oh Forestieri anthem that he knows and loves - he will thrive on it

Guest Hirstpower

Amazing how gutted everyone was yesterday to not sign the 10 million striker.

Well guys, chansiri said promotion next year and we should thank our stars we have captured this gem, as I would rather have got this guy than vydra or hooper. Imagine if Leeds had got him ?

Guest Hirstpower

Genuine question.

Out of the three who would you have rather signed this in the last 7 days ? Vydra, Hooper, Forestieri.

Forestieri is a bit of a one off as the No 9 can be sourced anytime ready for the promotion season.

I haven't seen him kick a ball for us yet, but he's already my hero and I've not had one really since Hirst and waddle.

What about Beni, Paolo and Danny Sonner? Ha!

I can't tell you how excited I am about this signing.

He reminds me so much of Beni.

Same height.

Same position.

Similar skills.

Signed for the same £3m fee.

Signed on the same 4 year contract.

Is the same age as Beni was at 25.

It's crazy, like history repeating itself.

There's lots of similarities between them. In my opinion, it's just a perfect signing. A 4 year deal, at 25. A perfect age, he should be hitting his prime soon. And didn't we sign Beni on a 4 year deal? For £3m? And I'm sure he was also 25 when he came from Inter. I hope it's history repeating itself.

I can't wait for the Fulham game.

Genuine question.

Out of the three who would you have rather signed this in the last 7 days ? Vydra, Hooper, Forestieri.

Forestieri is a bit of a one off as the No 9 can be sourced anytime ready for the promotion season.

FF without a doubt. When the rumours last week were of FF and Hooper signing, I just prayed it would be FF. People may laugh, but I honestly wanted FF more than someone like Rhodes. Because like you've said, FF is a complete one off. He's unique. Whereas there's a few top class strikers out there.

Genuine question.

Very difficult question to answer.

Would have loved us to have signed Vydra, then again I'm very happy that we have signed Forestieri and he is on a permanent (4 years and probably at his peak). Vydra was a loanee. They aren't the same players and both would have added quality to our squad. There are no certainties in life.

Hooper would have been a good signing too but, IMHO Vydra and FF are better.

I'm quite in love with him

Surprised to be honest, as to how dodgy his English is considering how long he's been in this country. Put that down to the fact that Watford had so many Italians that he didn't need to learn fluent English. Think he says in that interview that he needs to learn more English now.

Really like him though.

Cute.

I love him already  :wub: