£17 to take baby to Owls game ?

Simple stuff really, it's called common sense and consideration for other people.

We have a big stadium have a proper designated cheap, kids area. ( I thought the Grandstand already was) ,

Have baby changing, a creche, toys, child care and even a kids entertainer.That way they are safe and sound,

the the kop and North stand can therefore be the loud uncouth atmosphere that it should be and the south can be where the elders can have a kip

Taking the little uns to the match is poor parenting in my opinion.

Just leave them outside the pub with a warm bottle of fizzy pop and a packet of crisps.

They're always still there when you get back.

Love this idea that "99% of people" wouldn't contact the Club to question them about baby entry prices. Most folk in Yorkshire will question the bar staff if they short measured them a pint of beer by a mouth-full, rest assured most folk in Yorkshire would contact the Club if they thought it was 17 quid for a baby to enter Hillsborough!!

Guest Deleted member

Interesting point to all those earlier saying "they should just ring the club and they'd have sorted it".

I've been told they did ring the club and ask first.

They were told it was £17 and that was the price they'd have to pay regardless.

Well they had no right to ring the club, these people are worse than the parents of Baby P for bringing a baby to a match

Guest Deleted member

My Aunts 82, sits on the Kop with my parents who are 78 and 77. They sit on the Kop because of the price. They don't get bashed about by people tear arsing about, they don't get caught up in scraps after the game, the noise isn't a problem for them.

So why would it be for a baby? Babies tend to be wrapped up well, better than any of us, for a game, sleep through a significant part of it due to the fresh air, and are inquisitive enough to spend the vast majority of the time awake looking around at people.

I'd suggest Meadowhall is far busier, for much longer.

Love this idea that "99% of people" wouldn't contact the Club to question them about baby entry prices. Most folk in Yorkshire will question the bar staff if they short measured them a pint of beer by a mouth-full, rest assured most folk in Yorkshire would contact the Club if they thought it was 17 quid for a baby to enter Hillsborough!!

Of course most people wouldn't.

It's advertised as £17 for 0-10 year olds everywhere.

Does everyone phone HMVs head office if they don't like the advertised price of a DVD?

However.. This couple DID phone the club. They were told that it would be £17 for their baby and that was that. Tough.

So the phoning the club point is a bit of a silly one now anyway!

My Aunts 82, sits on the Kop with my parents who are 78 and 77. They sit on the Kop because of the price. They don't get bashed about by people tear arsing about, they don't get caught up in scraps after the game, the noise isn't a problem for them.

So why would it be for a baby? Babies tend to be wrapped up well, better than any of us, for a game, sleep through a significant part of it due to the fresh air, and are inquisitive enough to spend the vast majority of the time awake looking around at people.

I'd suggest Meadowhall is far busier, for much longer.

Dont you think it would be a nicer for them  to be in a designated area, with the necessary facilities that they might need with the obvious caveat that any sensible club would price the area attractively.

( To clarify I do mean Babies/Toddlers not your elderly relatives lol )

wasn't going to waste my time here but............ seems to me the family in question are after some air time and looking for a chansari free season ticket number 41.

They could have registered the child and at that age the club can arrange something better. Have done before and will do again.

No matter what my beef is with swfc I would never put us down in front of the national media, shame on them

No they wouldn't, and that wouldn't be allowed anyway.

Yes they would & Yes they would as ive done it myself with young un up to age of 4/5 and only got questioned very occasionally same as ive helped mates do it also so stop talking testicles. 

Its a nonsense story started for 15 mins of fame or by idiots. 

Kids prices on the day are too expensive but that's not this story.

wasn't going to waste my time here but............ seems to me the family in question are after some air time and looking for a chansari free season ticket number 41.

They could have registered the child and at that age the club can arrange something better. Have done before and will do again.

No matter what my beef is with swfc I would never put us down in front of the national media, shame on them

The couple already have season tickets, I understand so I doubt they are looking for freebies.

But, you keep making stuff up to suit your own viewpoint.

It's a valid issue. Full stop.

Yes they would & Yes they would as ive done it myself with young un up to age of 4/5 and only got questioned very occasionally same as ive helped mates do it also so stop talking testicles.

Its a nonsense story started for 15 mins of fame or by idiots.

Kids prices on the day are too expensive but that's not this story.

Well a turnstile operator and the supervisors behind the gates should not be allowing it and could even possibly get into trouble for doing so.

Especially in the climate of the Hillsborough Inquiry which has apparently been looking at some Sheffield Wednesday employed turnstile operators taking bribes and/or letting people in over the stile.

The couple already have season tickets, I understand so I doubt they are looking for freebies.

But, you keep making stuff up to suit your own viewpoint.

It's a valid issue. Full stop.

Didn't the said person 'borrow' someones ST to get in?