Bristol City have been allocated 1,086 tickets

I get why they are giving out but a lot of wednesday fans will be paying more. I'm sure we were charged similar at Leeds and Ipswich. I'm not condoning these prices but it won't be the last time that get charged too much in the championship.

£39 is too much to watch a football match at any level IMO.

However it's not up to Sheffield Wednesday to be nice about it and let people in for sod all whilst falling well behind the rest of the 'big teams' in terms of income. 

After the past 15 years we are now playing catch up, in all areas of this club. DC needs to change things from top to bottom and have made a cracking start in terms of the pitch and the types of players we are now attracting.

It is up to the football governing bodies to put a cap on ticket pricing, thus insuring that fans aren't taken advantage of....regardless of how 'good' the team gets. This means that chairmen like DC doesn't have to pump prices up to try to compete. 

Until then I refuse to see this club fall further behind. We've got a chairman with a bit of bottle, willing to make the difficult decisions but he also has the money to back his decisions up. He's already said that he's going to do everything in his power to make football accessible to all. Let's just see what his plans are.

Going to football, at the end of the day, isn't a god given right. If you can't afford to spend £39 on the Bristol City match then you don't go. Just the same as if you can't afford to see your favourite band/eat at your favourite restaurant/go on that holiday you usually go on but companies have put their prices up.

There are plenty of other options though, Could have got a season ticket. If you're not planning on doing all matches than a membership is going to save you money, with the new family options in the membership as well. If you still can't afford it then, and it's not nice to say....but tough. 

We are ALL Wednesday. But it's time to move with the times a bit. £39 is a ridiculous price....but DC has deemed it necessary for whatever reason and so far he's given me no reason not to trust him.

I'll also reiterate that a lot of those moaning won't be seen anywhere come the Mansfield game in the cup.

Full of contradictions FO.

And I don't want to sound funny but I'm a bit pushed for time for a lengthy reply.

However it's not up to Sheffield Wednesday to be nice about it and let people in for sod all whilst falling well behind the rest of the 'big teams' in terms of income.

Who is asking for us to let people in for sod all? If we're going to have a high end product, fine, charge high end prices. But £39 isn't high end

Who is asking for us to let people in for sod all? If we're going to have a high end product, fine, charge high end prices. But £39 isn't high end

Sod all in correlation with the money we need to make in order for DC to spend what is required whilst also abiding by FFP.

Look. £39 is a lot. I get it.

But DC is a clever guy with a lot of other clever blokes around him advising him. He has given me no reason not to trust in the decisions he's made, and every decision he has made he's given reasons for. 

If you can't afford the Bristol City game then either get a membership to make it cheaper in the long run...or don't go at all. It's really black and white.

Going to watch Wednesday isn't a god given right.

BTW Bristol can bring support if they need it but equally I've also seen them bring a few hundred up here, their home gates are around the 14k mark iirc. 

Most league teams can fill that away end IMO.

It just depends on how many fair weather fans pop out though. 

With the prices in place I'd assume Bristol will bring 1-2k of their hardcore fans who do the majority/all of the away games.

The rest will stay at home and I don't judge them for that. It's a lot of money and it's just a football game.

If you can't afford the Bristol City game then either get a membership to make it cheaper in the long run...or don't go at all. It's really black and white.

Going to watch Wednesday isn't a god given right.

Totally wrong attitude, and it's a shame people have this with fellow fans.

I know some people who can't afford to go now, and I know some people who can afford to go but won't because they're just getting ripped off.

I take on board what the chairman has done, we all love him for that, and I like most didn't mind a small price hike, my EB ST went from £505 to 550, that sort of rise was acceptable for us fans to show our support imvho, but the phase two prices along with the matchday prices are a joke and a joke nationwide as well.

Saying put up or shut up is a joke to fellow fans too.

Not saying I agree with the prices but I doubt it will affect away support attendance that much. Those that travel to away games are usually the diehard fans who will mean but they'll still turn up.

The negative is that we will end up being charged similar when we play away.

Not saying I agree with the prices but I doubt it will affect away support attendance that much. Those that travel to away games are usually the diehard fans who will mean but they'll still turn up.

The negative is that we will end up being charged similar when we play away.

Only if they charge their own fans the same for a similar view etc

Totally wrong attitude, and it's a shame people have this with fellow fans.

I know some people who can't afford to go now, and I know some people who can afford to go but won't because they're just getting ripped off.

I take on board what the chairman has done, we all love him for that, and I like most didn't mind a small price hike, my EB ST went from £505 to 550, that sort of rise was acceptable for us fans to show our support imvho, but the phase two prices along with the matchday prices are a joke and a joke nationwide as well.

Saying put up or shut up is a joke to fellow fans too.

It's a massive shame that people can't afford to go. But it's also a massive shame that people can't afford to do a lot of things.

I have every sympathy. But football in this country is expensive full stop. The Bristol City game is just one game though, we don't really have a clue about how the season is going to pan out price wise.

Saying that if you can't afford to go to the Bristol City game then don't go to it isn't being harsh. Mansfield at home is £12 and some people might not have the money for them/their family to go to that. That's just life isn't it? I'm not saying that the Bristol game is fairly priced at all. I'm just saying that there's no use in moaning about one expensive game just yet because you don't know Chansiri's plans.

If he prices a lot of future game similarly then I'll be fully on board with any petition etc.

I'm saying that it's one game that people can't afford to go to and, like a lot of things in life, if you can't afford a ticket then you don't purchase one.

The same goes for season tickets a memberships.

I'm going to be in a situation in a couple of years where I have to leave the luxury of student discounts. If I can't afford an adult season ticket then I won't be getting one. I'll look at other options but if none are viable then I'll have to pick and choose the odd game. And that's disappointing, but I fully believe that it's a wider issue than Sheffield Wednesday/Chansiri. Modern day football in this country is getting less and less accessible. 

Here's a thought for everyone who wants a good old rant about ticket prices

Go and join Bristol's forum and have a love in with them cos us Wednesday fans are bored pooless listening to the same old rubbish

Go away

And who are you speaking on behalf of there?

Why are people still defending the prices? There's no argument at all for prices that high. 

"If you want high quality signings then you have to pay more". Ok if we end up signing people like Jordan Rhodes and other multi-million pound players then I'm sure it may be easier to except, but there's no guarantee of that yet. 

People are happy that we are pricing away fans out of coming to hillsborough and creating a cracking first game atmosphere?! Flip me what's it coming to.

Good on bristol city fans, if we were getting ripped off at nearly £40 for an away game(not a local one at that) I'm sure most we be saying the same

Edited by meadowview owl

Why are people still defending the prices? There's no argument at all for prices that high. 

"If you want high quality signings then you have to pay more". Ok if we end up signing people like Jordan Rhodes and other multi-million pound players then I'm sure it may be easier to except, but there's no guarantee of that yet.

We will spend a big bug sum before the season starts I genuinely believe we will.

People are happy that we are pricing away fans out of coming to hillsborough and creating a cracking first game atmosphere?! Flip me what's it coming to.

Good on bristol city fans, if we were getting ripped off at nearly £40 for an away game(not a local one at that) I'm sure most we be saying the same

like Leeds last year