Bristol City have been allocated 1,086 tickets

We got roger all away support last season with cheap prices so who really cares ?? apart from the people who feel like they have been "robbed" of some privilege they think they have.

We have said for wars we need to get investment and now we have yet all out fans do is cry like baby's. This is a business not a fookingcharity

WAWAW?

You're having a laugh

actually don't care what Bristol fans think I'll be there supporting Wednesday and if there is no noise from the Bristol fans then even better

We got roger all away support last season with cheap prices so who really cares ?? apart from the people who feel like they have been "robbed" of some privilege they think they have.

We have said for wars we need to get investment and now we have yet all out fans do is cry like baby's. This is a business not a fookingcharity

Again, some people's attitude is worrying. 39 quid is far too much for a Championship football match. Id be interested to know if your above words would have been the same last season if you had gone to an away match and been charged that amount... My guess is you wouldn't have been saying "Well it IS a business, not a charity"...

No. I don't care you can't afford it. Moaning daily isn't going. to change ANYTHING just be a man and accept it. Or do you think you have some Devine right to go to the games ? You want good players they don't come cheap. Or would you prefer the usual relegation battles of the last 15 or so years as long as you get a cheap ticket ?

I swear people need to snap out of these bubbles and get some reality.

the vibe from some is deffo coming accross like they'd rather just keep going as we were. I'll give u that one. We need a change. We need to generate more income. Plenty of money being chucked about in the shop yesterday.

No. I don't care you can't afford it. Moaning daily isn't going to change ANYTHING just be a man and accept it. Or do you think you have some Devine right to go to the games ? You want good players they don't come cheap. Or would you prefer the usual relegation battles of the last 15 or so years as long as you get a cheap ticket ?

I swear people need to snap out of these bubbles and get some reality.

You've not worded it the best.

But I have to agree with the sentiments behind it.

I don't then Kivo is saying that mate, It's just football in general has gone stupid with prices compared to our friends in Germany, but even clubs over here have acknowledged that people just cant afford it anymore, most notably at Stoke and WBA.

Away fans are planning a boycott and as someone who loves Wednesday but also football in general I find that a real shame.

b3ebcf9f253e5e982a8184119c2bcecd.png

I can 1000000% guarantee I wouldn't be on here crying daily about it and going on and on and on.

Yet you responded ?

I don't care you can't afford it.

Your fellow Wednesdayites are worried they can't afford to see their team - and that's your response? WAWAW isn't for you

Moaning daily isn't going to change ANYTHING just be a man and accept it

How do you know the 'moaners' haven't/won't change anything?

You want good players they don't come cheap. Or would you prefer the usual relegation battles of the last 15 or so years as long as you get a cheap ticket ?

High end players should mean you pay high end prices - agreed. £39 isn't high end, it's so far over the top it's unbelievable - what sort of players will we get for that?.

Again, some people's attitude is worrying. 39 quid is far too much for a Championship football match. Id be interested to know if your above words would have been the same last season if you had gone to an away match and been charged that amount... My guess is you wouldn't have been saying "Well it IS a business, not a charity"...

£39 is too much to watch a football match at any level IMO.

However it's not up to Sheffield Wednesday to be nice about it and let people in for sod all whilst falling well behind the rest of the 'big teams' in terms of income. 

After the past 15 years we are now playing catch up, in all areas of this club. DC needs to change things from top to bottom and have made a cracking start in terms of the pitch and the types of players we are now attracting.

It is up to the football governing bodies to put a cap on ticket pricing, thus insuring that fans aren't taken advantage of....regardless of how 'good' the team gets. This means that chairmen like DC doesn't have to pump prices up to try to compete. 

Until then I refuse to see this club fall further behind. We've got a chairman with a bit of bottle, willing to make the difficult decisions but he also has the money to back his decisions up. He's already said that he's going to do everything in his power to make football accessible to all. Let's just see what his plans are.

Going to football, at the end of the day, isn't a god given right. If you can't afford to spend £39 on the Bristol City match then you don't go. Just the same as if you can't afford to see your favourite band/eat at your favourite restaurant/go on that holiday you usually go on but companies have put their prices up.

There are plenty of other options though, Could have got a season ticket. If you're not planning on doing all matches than a membership is going to save you money, with the new family options in the membership as well. If you still can't afford it then, and it's not nice to say....but tough. 

We are ALL Wednesday. But it's time to move with the times a bit. £39 is a ridiculous price....but DC has deemed it necessary for whatever reason and so far he's given me no reason not to trust him.

I'll also reiterate that a lot of those moaning won't be seen anywhere come the Mansfield game in the cup.

Edited by FlyingOwl

It also says no pay on the gate which convinces me further that the chairman is trying to discourage people paying on the day with the high ticket prices and wants home fans to become members and making a £5 saving by buying tickets in advance and not on the turnstiles .   

can we still pay on the gate?

Kivo get laid

That's the second time you've come out with that line, and about the fifth overall.

What my sex life has to do with my criticism of Sheffield Wednesday's opening day ticket prices, I'm not sure.

But if you're so obsessed, I did show your last comment to my girlfriend of 8 years - we had a giggle about that one.

Granted I am not Shakespeare and wording things ain't my strong point but the reason I respond is because every thread , even if it's about something different , has someone moaning about price increases.

Yeah but it's bound to be a big topic, it's actually a massive topic with all the fans nationwide as well!

I don't like all the negativity myself especially after all the excietment but I can understand people moaning and continuing to do so, I got my EB season ticket sorted (lucky me eh) and I was talking to a Wednesday fan last night who was minted and even he said he wasn't going to go to games just out of principle and he could afford to go to games if they were £100.

We'll see how it pans out but if we had a slow start and were sitting mid table after 13 games then I dread to think.

Jack ‏@jackhennessy19 49m49 minutes ago

Sorry @swfc was looking forward to visiting for the first game of the season but at 39 quid for a ticket you can jog on. #BristolCity #swfc

Neil Waine ‏@BradfordTerrier 20m20 minutes ago

£39 for adult away tickets for Bristol City @swfc Football is un-workable. Sheff Wednesday can expect low followings this season! #BoycottSWFC

Ben Mitchell ‏@bmitchellwrites 48m48 minutes ago

@swfc Hi, can you explain how you can justify charging #bristolcity fans £39!!! for a ticket for our opening day fixture? cc: @The_FSF

Rob Smith ‏@RedRed_Rob 5m5 minutes ago Bridgwater, England

. @swfc £39 a head in the away end? Disgraceful

I have sympathy with their fans, although Jack Hennessy should be charged double for saying 'jog on'.

However it's not up to Sheffield Wednesday to be nice about it and let people in for sod all whilst falling well behind the rest of the 'big teams' in terms of income.

Who is asking for us to let people in for sod all? If we're going to have a high end product, fine, charge high end prices. But £39 isn't high end

Who is asking for us to let people in for sod all? If we're going to have a high end product, fine, charge high end prices. But £39 isn't high end

I just think if we want to challenge like all our fans say they want then have to accept this stuff will happen. It's not great. I'm not supporting the hike but moaning not wont change anything. If people really object they should attempt something constructive like the person who started a petition. I deleted FB and Twitter because negative people drive me crazy and now every other post on here is negative and I'm just fed up of it all.

If we want to challenge - charge high end prices. I repeat, £39 isn't high end.

How do you know people moaning won't/hasn't already change anything?

Maybe there's a lot of negativity for a reason?