Bristol City have been allocated 1,086 tickets

Basically, you just want to pick the Bristol game in isolation as a match that has a high price, and use it as an example to state that loads of die hard fans, who the club means everything to are completely priced out of ever attending a match again.

The reality is, if you want to go to the majority of games you will have bought a season ticket.

If you want to go to a number of games you'll buy a membership.

If you only want to go to a couple of games a season, and decide to pick the most expensive, then the price is high and much worse value, but you are actually only putting a small amount of money into the club over the whole year, and if you are poor, you won't be picking and choosing the most expensive games.

Spot on (though I'm not highlighting Bristol City in isolation - I expect there will be at least half a dozen cat B games this coming season, all of which will be between £39-£46 per ticket).

We will see fans boycott Hillsborough this season ,Home and away .There will be a price freeze next yr i hope ,It has been a golden opportunity to get massive backing from the fans ,Instead it has been a public relations disaster ,For all the money we are paying ,Where is the big name striker ALF dont make me laugh.

We will see fans boycott Hillsborough this season ,Home and away .There will be a price freeze next yr i hope ,It has been a golden opportunity to get massive backing from the fans ,Instead it has been a public relations disaster ,For all the money we are paying ,Where is the big name striker ALF dont make me laugh.

Back in the real World, we may see a few away fans from clubs who get picked as high category games boycott it (e.g. Bristol), but in the whole grand scheme of things most of the away ticket prices are going to be comparable with the average for the division. The away attendances most of the time are going to be low, because most of the clubs in this division have rubbish travelling support (in terms of numbers), with the caveat of if they are doing well (i.e. Middlesbrough last season) they suddenly get a few thousand glory hunters jumping on the bandwagon.

The home attendances are going to be purely based on results.

Totally outlandish and hypothetical (i.e. I know neither will happen):

We could sign Messi AND Ronaldo, but it we are losing games and near the bottom of the league, fans won't come and we'll be looking at 19k.

We could sign nobody, but Nuhui could start smashing in 2 goals a game to see us top of the league, and we'd be pushing 30k every week.

The price debate can go an and on, but until the football league changes it for everyone, we have to try to not only exist, but thrive in the environment we exist in.

Edited by nebneeb

Spot on (though I'm not highlighting Bristol City in isolation - I expect there will be at least half a dozen cat B games this coming season, all of which will be between £39-£46 per ticket).

I predict 4 category B games at very most, Leeds, Derby and Forest and possibly Rotherham.

I don't think they'll be any category A games and majority will be E F and G.

Hull, Burnley and Middlesbrough will be either C or D.

Edited by bradowl

One thing away fans are forgetting, and a very important one. They are NOT being charged any more than Wednesday are charging their own fans for a 'similar' view, and facilities.

I would argue that , in fact , the view from the West Stand is as good as, if not better than, the one from the Kop, and so, no league rules are being broken. They have been given 1100 approx tickets. How many clubs last year,  brought many more than 1000 supporters?.I would be pleased to see the figures.

As for 'walk-up, POTG, fans, I would have thought this was a direct result of THAT semi-final, and was a H&S issue, or a SYP request.. 

Back in the real World, we may see a few away fans from clubs who get picked as high category games boycott it (e.g. Bristol), but in the whole grand scheme of things most of the away ticket prices are going to be comparable with the average for the division. The away attendances most of the time are going to be low, because most of the clubs in this division have rubbish travelling support (in terms of numbers), with the caveat of if they are doing well (i.e. Middlesbrough last season) they suddenly get a few thousand glory hunters jumping on the bandwagon.

The home attendances are going to be purely based on results.

Totally outlandish and hypothetical (i.e. I know neither will happen):

We could sign Messi AND Ronaldo, but it we are losing games and near the bottom of the league, fans won't come and we'll be looking at 19k.

We could sign nobody, but Nuhui could start smashing in 2 goals a game to see us top of the league, and we'd be pushing 30k every week.

The price debate can go an and on, but until the football league changes it for everyone, we have to try to not only exist, but thrive in the environment we exist in.

I hope you are right , 30,000 no chance

I predict 4 category B games at very most, Leeds, Derby and Forest and possibly Rotherham.

I don't think they'll be any category A games and majority will be E F and G.

Hull, Burnley and Middlesbrough will be either C or D.

I'm expecting Birmingham (Boxing Day) and Cardiff (final home game) to be category B as well.

I'm expecting Birmingham (Boxing Day) and Cardiff (final home game) to be category B as well.

Quite likely, although for boxing day it would be nice if they did another offer for kids to make it affordable for families.

Unless the Cardiff game means something. If we are playing for a play-off spot or (very unlikely) automatic promotion (i.e. a virtual play-off final at home) it could be A, or even A*.

Edited by nebneeb

Quite likely, although for boxing day it would be nice if they did another offer for kids to make it affordable for families.

Unless the Cardiff game means something. If we are playing for a play-off spot or (very unlikely) automatic promotion (i.e. a virtual play-off final at home) it could be A, or even A*.

I hope it's A, I won't be complaining if its for a promotion place.