Wednesday enhance match day experience !

This sort of rubbish is what people like these days , Wednesday are leaps and bounds behind most clubs in this division for 'the match day experience' it's about time someone tried to address this

Really?  I know I don't go away much these days and when I do I usually turn up 2.58 after consuming a small brewery of beer. But I've never seen any of this stuff anywhere else.

Edited by Sham67

I remember when I used to go to watch Wednesday as a child. I would sit on those bars on the kop with my dad stood behind me so I didn't fall off when waddle burst down the wing, Palmer made a crunching tackle and when hirsty smashed another goal in.

As a child, that's the only thing I needed to enjoy the Wednesday experience. Never once did I go home saying to my dad "hey dad, that 3-0 win was great, but it would have been better if I had a balloon and a painted face". Never.

I know that there's a different department working on this to the one recruiting the players and I'm sure Mr chansiri isn't sat in his office thinking that instead of buying Jordan rhoades we should get a circus clown instead but if they just put a team on that field, that kids could admire and say "I'm proud to support Sheffield Wednesday" the club would be delivering everything that anyone could ever expect.

I remember when I used to go to watch Wednesday as a child. I would sit on those bars on the kop with my dad stood behind me so I didn't fall off when waddle burst down the wing, Palmer made a crunching tackle and when hirsty smashed another goal in.

As a child, that's the only thing I needed to enjoy the Wednesday experience. Never once did I go home saying to my dad "hey dad, that 3-0 win was great, but it would have been better if I had a balloon and a painted face". Never.

I know that there's a different department working on this to the one recruiting the players and I'm sure Mr chansiri isn't sat in his office thinking that instead of buying Jordan rhoades we should get a circus clown instead but if they just put a team on that field, that kids could admire and say "I'm proud to support Sheffield Wednesday" the club would be delivering everything that anyone could ever expect.

Why can't we do both?

A few of you missing the point here

It's not a 'jugglers or good players' scenario

I think you're missing the point. Nobody thinks we're getting this instead of players. People are just saying that you wouldn't need this if the team was good

We can, but my point is that if the football was bang on we wouldn't need anything else

Still don't see why we can't do both. Even if it only keeps the younger kids occupied while the match starts its worth it. All its costing the club is some free tickets to sit in some otherwise empty seats.

The club appear to be making match day more than just turning up and watching the game, by trying to involve supporters in what some might see as being an enjoyable way of killing a few minutes, and perhaps entertaining younger kids who might otherwise become bored very quickly. Let's see how it pans out, before ridiculing the idea, and dismissing it out of hand.

This. I was at a baseball game yesterday (Tampa bay rays v Boston Red Sox) and we got there a two and a bit hours early and I thought Christ I'm gonna be bored shitless until the start.

Turns out I wasn't bored at all. Don't get me wrong the entertainment wasn't my cup of tea but still mildly entertaining none the less and the time still passed quickly.

Too many times I've sat in hillsborough and thought Christ I'm bored at the same old monotonous stuff that goes on. Bloody bin challenge at half time? Really is that the best that can we can come up with???

This. I was at a baseball game yesterday (Tampa bay rays v Boston Red Sox) and we got there a two and a bit hours early and I thought Christ I'm gonna be bored shitless until the start.

Turns out I wasn't bored at all. Don't get me wrong the entertainment wasn't my cup of tea but still mildly entertaining none the less and the time still passed quickly.

Too many times I've sat in hillsborough and thought Christ I'm bored at the same old monotonous stuff that goes on. Bloody bin challenge at half time? Really is that the best that can we can come up with???

Baseball fan, or just doing the tourist think at Fenway?

Edited by Last_Great_Hope