Glenn Roeder Vs Les Reed

It's appaling that some Wednesday fans can see no further than Glenn Roeder's managerial record when assessing whether he has the football knowledge to help Wednesday move forward. Roeder won't be managing the team, he'll be helping Chansiri spot players at this stage.

A good comparison is Les Reed at Southampton. He must be poo poo right, because he flopped at Charlton in his only post as manager in 2006. Well he's been overseeing football operations at Southampton since 2010, and is being widely praised.

I won't say anything more except, read this article:

http://www.90min.com/posts/2277330-sheffield-wednesday-s-impending-appointments-should-be-embraced-not-feared

Defo worth creating yet another thread about it, rather than adding to one of the dozens already kicking about.

Nice little dig at fans too, whilst spectaculaspectacularly missing the majority of posters issue.

Guest Ash76

All I'm saying is Russell Salde enough said.

Russell Slade that started at below us at Cardiff and finished above us? The same Russell Slade forced to offload KJ on 60K a week and replace him with a League 1 striker?

Yeah great argument, enough said

Defo worth creating yet another thread about it, rather than adding to one of the dozens already kicking about.

Nice little dig at fans too, whilst spectaculaspectacularly missing the majority of posters issue.

It is when the rest of the threads are just filled with pathetic jibes at Roeder

The worst thing about it is that the majority don't even know anything about it, they just see others slating him so think it'd be funny to join in.

Suppose it shows the simplistic views of others - failed as a manager = going to be sh*t at everything else

Bravo

Edited by EcclesallOwl

Russell Slade that started at below us at Cardiff and finished above us? The same Russell Slade forced to offload KJ on 60K a week and replace him with a League 1 striker?

Yeah great argument, enough said

Is that the same Cardiff with a multi million pound team,ex premiership,loaded if slightly crazy owner and millions upon millions of pounds in parachute money.

Jogg on fella.

It is when the rest of the threads are just filled with pathetic jibes at Roeder

The worst thing about it is that the majority don't even know anything about it, they just see others slating him so think it'd be funny to join in.

Suppose it shows the simplistic views of others - failed as a manager = going to be sh*t at everything else

Bravo

So create a new thread because you have a different opinion to ones o a thread about the same thing?

Everyone just repeats the same stuff on multiple threads.

As for roeder, not my choice for a committee member but I'm sure he adds something. Will reserve judgement til he's had time to actually do anything.

Get this word in the dictionary.

lol

Phones.. owlstalk.. Ffs. ..

Guest Ash76

Is that the same Cardiff with a multi million pound team,ex premiership,loaded if slightly crazy owner and millions upon millions of pounds in parachute money.

Jogg on fella.

He improved them, after OGS had them struggling at the wrong end with an even better squad

Get thi dinner kid

Jogg on fella.

Slade was forced to get rid of players

I don't think anybody else would paint such a rosy picture of Cardiff as you have

Shambles of a club

Roader and reed are two different people so to compare them at this early stage is still up in the air,personally i don't care what southampton have done ,

I care what wednesday do ,If Roader does his bit and we end up successfull by it then that is the time to compare if we must 

Jogg on fella.

Because we know nothing about being an ex-premiership team loaded with multimillion pound foreign signings who turn out to be useless in the championship and a massive weight to offload before we can do anything.

Anyone who thinks cardiff would have been in a financial position to appoint Allardyce and Roeder was rubbish and only recommended Slade need their head checking. Clearly there was only budget available to appoint someone like Slade, who'd be cheap and knows the lower leagues. So I don't blame Roeder for that

I am enjoying the baseless assumption that we are the next Southampton or they are the club were trying to emulate

Every time someone queries anything we can trot out "well that's what Southampton did..."

Les Reed was technical director at Charlton before he became their manager.

I'm not sure that Glenn Roeder has ever held a role like this before.

That's not to say that Roeder can't do the job and won't be successful at it - but to make some comparison between the two like the op is just asinine.

Out of order the amount of stick Roeder has already taken, when at this point nobody even knows exactly what job spec he's working to