... the fek should anyone within the club give away any secrets about signing coaches or players to fans until the deal is done.

It makes no sense whatsoever.

So why the fek do some fans think that because they are not kept in touch with every little thing that is going on at club everyshit has hit the fan.

I for one respect the silence! Good business is done in the dark before it is announced!

So - shet the fek ep dickheaaads!

So not having any coaching staff and a thread bare squad is "a little thing" is it?

WHY

do people make new threads about subjects we're already talking about

alan nixon says it's all confirmed we CC but he's got no idea why no announcement

It's got worse on here since the season finished.

Nobody really knows, which makes everyone nervous. I'm hoping that all the pieces quickly fall into place, I'm expecting it to be a confusing and baffling pre season. Let's see what happens.

Guest Fedor

I don't understand WHY anyone is not concerned . I'm not too bothered about the lack of transfer activity yet but we don't have a Manager in place.

OP has made a great point, I actually agree.

I do though question the wisdom of someone in Roeder's position to have on the face of it appeared to completely not giving a flying Owl's Hoot about any relationship with his bread and butter i.e. us the fan base. Given his somewhat unremarkable career as a manager and the arguable years in some form of consultant/advisory wasteland in and around the football league he is not helping himself by making next to no effort to engage.

Given that the overarching mind-set these days amongst footballing fanbases is one of ready information, healthy communication and importantly the pervasive dominance of social networking and the like he can’t surely be living inside such an insular world as to not recognise the need to show us a little bit more of what he is about, what his vision is as part of an untried (at least, here at S6) set up.

Come on GR wake the flip up and start engaging, or you may find yourself being bestowed a label form us Owls from which you will never ever recover. Time to sort it out.

As for the CC issue, I believe it is just about finalising his contract; like most of us are assuming.

OP has made a great point, I actually agree.

I do though question the wisdom of someone in Roeder's position to have on the face of it appeared to completely not giving a flying Owl's Hoot about any relationship with his bread and butter i.e. us the fan base. Given his somewhat unremarkable career as a manager and the arguable years in some form of consultant/advisory wasteland in and around the football league he is not helping himself by making next to no effort to engage.

Given that the overarching mind-set these days amongst footballing fanbases is one of ready information, healthy communication and importantly the pervasive dominance of social networking and the like he can’t surely be living inside such an insular world as to not recognise the need to show us a little bit more of what he is about, what his vision is as part of an untried (at least, here at S6) set up.

Come on GR wake the flip up and start engaging, or you may find yourself being bestowed a label form us Owls from which you will never ever recover. Time to sort it out.

As for the CC issue, I believe it is just about finalising his contract; like most of us are assuming.

Don't know if the start of your post is English but think I got the main points.

Who ever said that GRs role was to give interviews. Maybe DC likes that part to be controlled, I don't know.

My guess is that GR is busy doing what DC wants him to do and if he were to give us some information it would inevitably be too little, too much, too much detail, not enough,confusing, too simplistic, etc etc.

People seem to have a downer on him. I prefer he just gets on with his job.

i reckon cc may well be a done deal, just waiting to appoint his number 2 at the same time...

then into the market for players by the end of next week...

what puzzles me is, where's the coaching/management continuity 'tween assessing the players we already have, and what we need...

we generally feel that 2 forwards (way better than we have), a good wingman (some say 2), quality ball playing midfielders (2)? and what else are needed?

but will cc and his new number 2 know of this?

unless gr is passing this on???

there's a lot to do, and a short time to do it in...

i'm wondering if cc has seen us play last backend?

Don't know if the start of your post is English but think I got the main points.

Who ever said that GRs role was to give interviews. Maybe DC likes that part to be controlled, I don't know.

My guess is that GR is busy doing what DC wants him to do and if he were to give us some information it would inevitably be too little, too much, too much detail, not enough,confusing, too simplistic, etc etc.

People seem to have a downer on him. I prefer he just gets on with his job.

No doubt, we all do Triple O. Again, I agree with your sentiment.

But the fact remains, he has not engaged with the fan base at all.

( Apologies for poor grammar in earlier post, lack of commas. A schoolboy error.)

Guest sotonowl

... the fek should anyone within the club give away any secrets about signing coaches or players to fans until the deal is done.

So why the fek do some fans think that because they are not kept in touch with every little thing that is going on at club everyshit has hit the fan.

I for one respect the silence! Good business is done in the dark before it is announced!  

Coffee machine broke?

FECK! ARSE! DRINK!

But the fact remains, he has not engaged with the fan base at all.

( Apologies for poor grammar in earlier post, lack of commas. A schoolboy error.)

True but at any club you only tend to get info/interviews from the Head Coach/Manager, CEO or Chairman/owner. Not from other roles.

But the fact remains, he has not engaged with the fan base at all.

Maybe he's read some of the things that been said about him on here and bugger that lot

Maybe he's read some of the things that been said about him on here and thought bugger that lot

True but at any club you only tend to get info/interviews from the Head Coach/Manager, CEO or Chairman/owner. Not from other roles.

Agree

How many interviews have you seen from the backroom staff at Barca, Chelsea or any other big club...none

Edited by daveyboy66

But the fact remains, he has not engaged with the fan base at all.

Its a whole new world to him though. Hes probably not used to engaging the public maybe only via shareholder meetings and the like . The football world is very different and is all new to him Edited by darklord

Its a whole new world to him though. Hes probably not used to engaging the public maybe only via shareholder meetings and the like . The football world is very different and is all new to him

Comments were about GR not DC. Don't have any issue with DC, he's set out a statement of intent, he's backed it up with new pitch, scoreboard etc. and we will get some players ion no dopubt.

I'm not really bothered about getting chapter and verse from DC or a daily blog about how many wee wees he'd had, but I think Roeder as a senior rep on the footballing side of things should have engaged with us,even on a token level at least by now. He hasn't, and we are a fickle bunch; he may well get a label put on him before too long as being detached and non-plussed, whether warranted or not.

Fans thrive on passion etc... so he needs to have a personable side to him at least even if just 'lip service'. Say something GR for goodness sake.