The Antonio sale was forced because of the whole Mammadov saga. We were desperate for a striker and it was the only way to raise the funds. Forest probably did have our trousers down a bit but it was a calculated decision based on what the team needed.

It amazes me that people believe united got 3 million for Maguire.

In the end it was a fire sale because Hull walked away and nobody else wanted him. United then issued a bizarre statement saying they had agreed a fee with Hull when in reality Hull had walked away.No way did they then come back and pay 3 million when the pigs were desperate.

Why do our own fans use rubbish that comes out of the sty to have a go at our own club.

Go on then, how much did we get if you know for a fact? And was it more than what united got for league 1 defender Harry Maguire?

We got screwed on that deal there's no doubt about it. What's he worth now, just one season later, £5/6m?

But if you want to believe we got an amazing deal then no offence but glad your not running the club now.

I said we got more than 1.5 million which is what poster was stating...not an amazing deal but more than 1.5 mill that's all...ime glad ime not running club as well so that's OK..

The Antonio sale was forced because of the whole Mammadov saga. We were desperate for a striker and it was the only way to raise the funds. Forest probably did have our trousers down a bit but it was a calculated decision based on what the team needed.

Agreed, plus Antonio had also expressed his desire to leave.

FACT ALERT - man the lifeboats.

So how much other than "just more"?

I explaiened how I knew at the time...family member works at Hillsborough..with the team..dosnt say a lot and I don't see them that often..just bumped into them at a family gathering day before he signed for forest..closer to 2mill not a lot more than1.5 but still more....not a fact alert just what I was told buy someone who doesn't need to lie....but here's a little secret ..the new guy is well prepared to spend...

I explaiened how I knew at the time...family member works at Hillsborough..with the team..dosnt say a lot and I don't see them that often..just bumped into them at a family gathering day before he signed for forest..closer to 2mill not a lot more than1.5 but still more....not a fact alert just what I was told buy someone who doesn't need to lie....but here's a little secret ..the new guy is well prepared to spend...

Thanks mate, or should I say Stuart Gray's estranged love child, it is good to know that our transfer dealings are discussed at family knees-ups.

Can you keep us posted on the ALF and Billy negotiations.

I can meditate in peace now...

Thanks mate, or should I say Stuart Gray's estranged love child, it is good to know that our transfer dealings are discussed at family knees-ups.

Can you keep us posted on the ALF and Billy negotiations.

I can meditate in peace now...

Tbf Fred, its not that unusual to talk about work at family dos. I know I do. Not specifics but general chat if people are interested. If you work for Wednesday and your family are supporters then of course you are going to ask?

Sure I'd read somewhere that we'd had "an enquiry" knocked back.

Assumed that meant we'd been asked about his availability and been told they don't want to sell him.

750k was the rumour on here. First offer I'm guessing. They probably dont want to sell him but apparently they are up a particularly smelly creek with no paddles. Hence why all their decent players are for sale

It amazes me that people believe united got 3 million for Maguire.

In the end it was a fire sale because Hull walked away and nobody else wanted him. United then issued a bizarre statement saying they had agreed a fee with Hull when in reality Hull had walked away.No way did they then come back and pay 3 million when the pigs were desperate.

Why do our own fans use rubbish that comes out of the sty to have a go at our own club.

your just slightly off the mark. Although they haven't got 3 million (yet and now probably won't) the deal was structured at 2 million with another 1 million in add ons.

Even if they only got £2m they still got more than we did for Antonio and that is just sad.

We've had our pants pulled down way too often in the transfer market over the years, I'm just hoping this won't continue with Chansiri in charge.

Tbf Fred, its not that unusual to talk about work at family dos. I know I do. Not specifics but general chat if people are interested. If you work for Wednesday and your family are supporters then of course you are going to ask?

I suppose so!

I'll ask Dejphon about Terry Henfleet at tonight's barbecue lol

We need pace , Marshall is not what we need . We need a winger who can get to the bye line something we haven't had for a while

Most goals scored from crosses (in open play) come from a ball delivered from roughly level with the penalty area. Quality delivery and someone to make the runs to benefit from that delivery is what we need- add that to the solidity of last season and we won't be far away.

Tbf Fred, its not that unusual to talk about work at family dos. I know I do. Not specifics but general chat if people are interested. If you work for Wednesday and your family are supporters then of course you are going to ask?[/quote

I give up ..its pointless saying any thing on here..my family must be like yours just a little general chit chat about the team we support pretty normal really but means ime SGs love child oh well never mind...gob shut in future ..

Tbf Fred, its not that unusual to talk about work at family dos. I know I do. Not specifics but general chat if people are interested. If you work for Wednesday and your family are supporters then of course you are going to ask?[/quote

I give up ..its pointless saying any thing on here..my family must be like yours just a little general chit chat about the team we support pretty normal really but means ime SGs love child oh well never mind...gob shut in future ..

Don't take it so seriously. This is Owlstalk