Where does the small budget "fear " come from?

It's going to be a simular budget that we had under Milan. People who think we've suddenly got money to spend are delutional.

What makes you think that, when the signals so far have told a different story?

It's going to be a simular budget that we had under Milan. People who think we've suddenly got money to spend are delutional.

I think it all comes from rumors. I agree the evidence shows it could be a competitive budget this year but there are rumblings that it may not be the case. For the more pessimistic fans the idea that we have offered smaller/ reduced contracts to existing players, along with the fear of FFP doesn't bode well when we are already spending over £1m in stadium and pitch improvements, not to mention the wages that must be in place to entice the 'committee' here. I can see why some fear we are going to do the bare minimum on the playing side until next year. Also the fact that the owner has never owned a football team before and may not realise how much money goes into it.  But then a guy doesn't spend what he has on buying the club and improving the facilities to languish in mid table in the 2nd tier.

Correct about the rumours.  Did I tell you that I live next to Lee Bullen and he has revealed that the budget is MEGA!!!  Do you actually know for certain that I live next to Lee Bullen?  I don't btw and I've never spoken to him.  I would hazard a guess that about half of 1% of all rumours on here are true and I bet a good proportion of those true rumours are true by accident. 

I would argue that you're correct about fear being related to those other factors that you mention but we shouldn't fear what hasn't happened - its fvcckking mental to do so. 

Anyone who believes a guy would pay thirty odd million quid for a football club, spend a large amount on a state of the art pitch, state he will spend whatever it takes, then penny pinches by cutting wages, needs their head looking at

Exactly. 37.5 million ( on a business that was losing 5 million a year), new pitch, new scoreboard. To cut the budget would make no sense. I don't the impression he's going to do this. Roader won't have come cheap, plus the other guy either. 

Anyone who believes a guy would pay thirty odd million quid for a football club, spend a large amount on a state of the art pitch, state he will spend whatever it takes, then penny pinches by cutting wages, needs their head looking at

I mean........who'd be daft enough to fork out on a new state of the art Desso pitch just to play in league 1.....DC means business!!!  ( I will continue to ride the crest of a wave until at least July!!.  Lets enjoy it while we can)

Guest Strap

Because he's going to do what Milan did. Spend as little as possible and hopefully by luck/fluke we get into the Premiership via the play-offs. Then sell us when we're in the premiership, for a nice tidy profit. Nothing wrong with what he's doing, but fans need to get real.

Agree really, it's only the 20th of May

If by the 20th June nothing's really happened on the transfer front, or we've signed a couple of average players then it may be the time to start voicing concerns. Until then it's unnecessary worry. But again, can't reiterate enough- I can understand why some people are a little uneasy... I just think we need to give it more time!

I think 20th June is too early to start expressing concerns.  Nothing really happens until after 1st July. 

100% this^.  Well said that man! 

Because he's going to do what Milan did. Spend as little as possible and hopefully by luck/fluke we get into the Premiership via the play-offs. Then sell us when we're in the premiership, for a nice tidy profit. Nothing wrong with what he's doing, but fans need to get real.

same question -where have you got that information from.

Think people are just used to broken promises and getting their hopes up, only for it all to go pear shaped. 

Why oh why Mr Chansiri would fork out 30 odd million of his own money to then downsize the club in terms of its competitiveness is beyond me. 

I feel optimistic about Wednesday for the first time in years i'm going to hang onto this until something happens to remove said optimism. :biggrin:  

These also^^

Guest Strap

same question -where have you got that information from.

Don't know. Just made it up. Seems to be what everyone else is doing.

Just heard we're going to be resigning Danny Mayor.

Im a pessimist by nature but it's clear to me the guy is the real deal. He knows his limitations towards football so brought in advisors to help. If he was penny pinching he wouldn't be paying their wages would he. Those advisors are going to tell him he needs to spend a lot not to go get Portsmouth reserve players in on loan.

Think of this as you pulling a hot girl down the club. Sure you might not get a ring on her finger but for the night you can enjoy the ride

I can't say I've seen anything to suggest the budget will be cut, however I don't believe it will be spend, spend, spend either, yep Mr C has said he want's us to be in the Premier League in 2 years (a challenge for any team) but I am equally dure many other wealthy managers buying into non Prem. teams will also be saying similar things (didn't Milan ?).

Mr C stated when he took over that it wasn't about throwing money at it but more about spending "smart", therefore my belief is that with bringing in the "advisors" he will be using there knowledge to find hidden gems rather than big names.

So for this season it will be a smaller but bettersquad with a few loanee's, that will leave us more to spend next year if we need to or hopefuly more to build a Premier squad with...

But that's just one opinion amongst many...

Don't know. Just made it up. Seems to be what everyone else is doing.

Just heard we're going to be resigning Danny Mayor.

Why would a Wednesday fan want to make negative stories up about Wednesday -genuine question i just don't get it.