NEW PITCH MANIA!

Guest davylowe

well its not like we have loads of bright lights all around the stadium pointing to the pitch

Oops

Those growth lamps worked wonders.

went past on Penistone rd the other day and saw the grow lights all in the car park by the shop . wondered if they were sending them back now the season is over to let the natural sunlight grow the grass over the summer. 

went past on Penistone rd the other day and saw the grow lights all in the car park by the shop . wondered if they were sending them back now the season is over to let the natural sunlight grow the grass over the summer.

I assume we're probably planning to buy our own lights now, especially since they've clearly proven their worth over the last couple of months and it would be much cheaper in the long run than continually renting them.

I guess the usual annual practice of digging and replanting the pitch at the end of the season isn't required anymore. If they keep it up with the lights over the summer, the pitch will look better than it ever has come the start of the season.

Have we actually been training on the Hillsborough pitch in recent weeks, or was that just made up by the club to stop people invading after the Cardiff game?

Yes due to Middlewoods pitches being replaced .

Looks a bit dark on the live stream, must be true about sending the lights back.

If you look carefully you can still see the odd car going up Penistone Road.

swfc_hillsborough_live_webcam.jpg

I've been watching this for the last hour and half and haven't seen any cars.