Propaganda - SWFC Player of the Year

Guest Mancunian_Owl

Tom Lees has played 45 games this season and been booked once.

He's a central defender for christ sake and he's been booked once, in a side that has equaled our clean sheet record.

That is amazing.

Westwood will win this by a landslide. I'm just campaigning for Lees to get enough votes to come second. I'll be voting for him.

Voting is going to open soon (if I've not already missed the announcement) for SWFC's player of the year. I'm opening this thread out for you to campaign for your favourite player, so you can try and turn the "undecided" voters onto your players side.

This is far more interesting than the General Election and clearly shows where SWFC's fans believe who has been their best performer this season.

As its my Thread and I'm selfish like that I'm going to be campaigning on behalf of Tom Lees.

"Tom Lees has been head and shoulders our best defender since the days of Des Walker, consistent, good on the floor and air and most importantly - he is fit most weeks to play."

"Nothing fancy, but he get's the job done, in his first season at SWFC since his transfer from L**ds he's been made Captain in Loovens absence and has been the key part of our defence that is close to breaking our record for clean sheets in a season."

When Voting opens in late April, I hope you will join me in voting for Tom Lees - SWFC Player of the Year 2014-15

Great and passionate speech but if I use one of your argument tactics where you say that Lee's is the "best defender since the days of Des Walker" then I can use this to state that Westwood is the best keeper that I have ever seen play for Wednesday (I missed seeing Ron Springett by about 10 years). I believe that Westwood is better that Martin Hodge and Kevin Pressman. Lees is just eased out by Westwood as POTY.

Given a six month contract plus an extension to the end of the season. Praised by Grey and Bullen but still not a ball kicked for the first team. Give us a job "i can do that"

Player of the year = The Blue and White Pimpernel

They seek him here

They seek him there

Those Wednesdayites seek him everywhere.

Is he in Heaven or is he in hell?

That damned elusive kel-h-ar

Youngster of the year

Step forward Att Chansiri.

Persuades his father to buy him a football team (now we are well minted) Give him the trophy now.

how many he scored?

He's not paid to score goals. He's paid to shield Westwood, help towards clean sheets and do all of this without racking up the cards/getting sent off. He's done his job this season to a tee.

Goals for defenders are seen as bonuses. Everyone should be chipping in with goals in an ideal world....but Lees not scoring is right at the bottom of our list of goal scoring problems. 

centre back needs to be getting between 3 - 5 a season minimum really

we must get 10 set pieces a game where he has an opportunity to score

westwood has kept us in so many games by pulling off worldies, westwood POYS with question

That is completely correct.

But when our strikers aren't even scoring, we can't really string our defenders up for not scoring either.

We've also been spoiled in the past years for defenders with a knack of scoring goals. 

Lees isn't the tallest of defenders in fairness to him. And when we have Nuhiu in the box most set plays are aimed at him.

It's a very small issue in a very very good season from Lees. Especially when there was a 10 page thread on here when he we signed him, saying that Leeds fans were laughing at us because Lees was such a poo poo player. Fans were moaning and slagging him off before they even saw him kick a ball. I did try to explain how good a defender he was but certain individuals weren't having it lol

It'll be Westwood by a landslide.

Course it will be. He'll do a clean sweep of every award available to him. And rightly so. 

I just think it'll be a gross injustice if Lees doesn't get second, he should do that by a distance.

Edited by FlyingOwl

Tom Lees has played 45 games this season and been booked once.

He's a central defender for christ sake and he's been booked once, in a side that has equaled our clean sheet record.

That is amazing.

Westwood will win this by a landslide. I'm just campaigning for Lees to get enough votes to come second. I'll be voting for him.

I think he'll come second quite easily

Tom_Lees.png

The importance of good pointing has been flagged up on this forum before.

However, as much as I admire your passionate backing, if you look closely enough you can see Tom is pointing at Westwood as a message to you that even he concedes that Keiren has been top man this season.

Give it up mate, much like many of the political parties, this is a campaign that will cost you time and expense but will ultimately be fruitless. 

agreed mate & I'm not slagging him off I think he's a top defender & been an absolute bargain, but he's not POTS imo, that will be westwood by a landslide & rightly so. both lees & westwood are the main reasons how we've kept 17 clean sheets this season but westwood has done it on his own in some games

And so has Lees.

I agree that Westwood deserves it.

I just think Lees deserves a hell of a lot more credit. Westwood's performances this season have overshadowed has good Lees has been this season.