Craig Noone

so a bit pointless to bring it up non?

what is?

Noone not coming then?

Just to make the point that, a lot of the players moving to the championship, might still be beyond us. Like Craig Noone might not be everyone's cup of tea, but he's better than what we have, and we can probably afford him.

No I wouldn't As you say, it's always a gamble, and certainly we were in no position to pay out the sort of money Wilson cost. Bournemouth though, were ambitious and had the money, so they could afford to take the gamble and it looks to have paid off handsomely. Is Wilson worth four times what Stevie May cost? I don't know, but if they sold, they could probably double their money, whereas we'd be lucky to get ours back

Being very ambitious is quite close to being reckless too. What state would Bournemouth be in if they had played the same style as us this season and were sat in mid-table with a £3m striker scoring half a dozen goals? I guess FFP and a fire sale this summer, making a loss on Wilson, is exactly where they would be.

All if's and but's, but if May had been in that Bournemouth side and Wilson has been in our side, I know which player would have been sold for more money then - and he'd have been Scottish!

Hoping that our new found resource will allow us to afford better attack-minded players and get our goals for column up significantly next season. If that happens, our strikers will amongst the goals more and they'll ultimately be worth more.

I don't understand when people suggest we should be signing players from clubs that may well be promoted to the Premier League.

Matt Ritchie for example has been magnificent for Bournemouth, why would they sell him without giving him at least the opportunity at the highest level?

Burnley didn't suddenly have a clear out when they went up and neither did Leicester.

And the most important thing to remember is why would a Matt Ritchie want to drop back to this level at the drop of a hat?

Guest TommyTank

We should have signed him when he was at Swindon.

We should have signed Charlie Austin when he was at Swindon.

We did sign David Prutton from Swindon though.

I don't understand when people suggest we should be signing players from clubs that may well be promoted to the Premier League.

Matt Ritchie for example has been magnificent for Bournemouth, why would they sell him without giving him at least the opportunity at the highest level?

Burnley didn't suddenly have a clear out when they went up and neither did Leicester.

And the most important thing to remember is why would a Matt Ritchie want to drop back to this level at the drop of a hat?

Half the people are fooling themselves with those kind of suggestions they really are. Makes me despair thinking how people are going to react when we don't sign a player like Ritchie, who anyone with a bit of sense knows we wont

At the end of the day one camp thinks we won't make big signings and the other think we will

Nobody has a scooby doo what our budget is or how ambitious Chansiri is.

Matt Richie is not an unrealistic signing for a club now owned by someone who paid 37 million for us out of his pocket money.

Edited by steelcityowlsfan

At the end of the day one camp thinks we won't make big signings and the other think we will

Nobody has a scooby doo what our budget is or how ambitious Chansiri is.

Matt Richie is not an unrealistic signing for a club now owned by someone who paid 37 million for us out of his pocket money.

You're right no one knows but common sense says he'd have to be a bit daft to throw silly money at us.

I don't think well spend significant money - couple of million maybe or some higher end frees.

Guest Kagoshimaowl

Some right dreamers in this thread. Totally unrealistic suggestions. Going to be some very unhappy fans come next August! For the record Noone is exactly the sort of player we should be looking at.

Yes! It's only ...erm... *checks calendar* ...MARCH!! FFS.

Anyhoo, if we ignore the fact that the rumour comes from a Season Ticket Holder, I think you'd have to say he looks like he'd improve us. Decent age. Tricky skillz. I say yes (if Stu wants him in that's good enough for me).

edit - Mrs Brown, you'd best lock up your daughter.

lol