Craig Noone

Not exactly an out and out winger but has the beating in a one on one, is a work horse with a sense of responsibility.

Not had too great a time at Cardiff yet could thrive here under Gray and a fresh challenge.

Bit of a gamble but what player acquisition isn't. 

Hit the nail on the head there Nev. Obviously there are ways to reduce your risk but, on balance I'd say this was towards the "less risky" end of the spectrum.

He's out of contract next summer, and Cardiff seem to be doing some serious cost cutting. 

Could be that we might get him for £500k ish, which would be a very shrewd deal.

Like others have said, a serious improvement on what we've got. Promising if true. 

Guest TommyTank

Well he's no Mikael Antonio, but he could do a steady job for a mid table Championship side. I wouldn't mind him

Different players mate, Antonio is about power and pace, Noone is about skill and end product.

I would say both players are at the same level, top Championship to lower Prem players.

Exactly what we need in my opinion, of similar ilk to Westwood, Lees and McGugan.

Waddle, Brunt one footed?, they may prefer their natural foot, but both can be more than useful with either feet.

Hirsty, Shearer ,Wright all truly one footed, but it did them no harm.

Craig Noone, could be a lot worst, could be Peter Noone, only if you were around in the 60's would you understand.

Sorry if this has already been brought up.

Did you honestly just say Hirsty was one footed????? He was one of the least one footed players we've had. Scored some absolute rockets with his right foot. Jesus

Well he's no Mikael Antonio, but he could do a steady job for a mid table Championship side. I wouldn't mind him

You'd flipping whine if we had Hazard coming in on loan. 

There are people with radiation poisoning who have a less bleak outlook than you. 

Therein lies the question......

Following our takeover, are we looking to carry on as per, picking up players whose star has faded, and whom we hope to be able to apply some miracle cure to, players whose fans are delighted to see the back of them?

Or are we looking to buy players who have to be ripped out of the claws of their clubs, players whose fans scream with outrage at them being sold?

If HMS Pisstheleague is ever going to be anything other than a mirage, then the answer surely has to be the latter?

And pay way over the odds for?

No thanks.

Although plenty on here were saying the same when Bournemouth forked out over £3 million for Callum Wilson

It was probably £3m based on X, Y and Z - and if X, Y, or Z was a payment on promotion to the Premiership, then it was a bargain.

Wilson at £3m - regardless of the structure of the fee - was a huge gamble, but occasionally gambles pay off.

For every one of those, there are 10's of gambles that don't pay off.

It was probably £3m based on X, Y and Z - and if X, Y, or Z was a payment on promotion to the Premiership, then it was a bargain.

Wilson at £3m - regardless of the structure of the fee - was a huge gamble, but occasionally gambles pay off.

For every one of those, there are 10's of gambles that don't pay off.

And you have to be able to afford to take that sort of a gamble. Personally I would rather have gambled £3 million on Callum Wilson, than £800,000 on Stevie May, but we were not in a position to do that, even if we'd wanted to

And you have to be able to afford to take that sort of a gamble. Personally I would rather have gambled £3 million on Callum Wilson, than £800,000 on Stevie May, but we were not in a position to do that, even if we'd wanted to

May is younger and was playing in Europe and Scotland's Premiership (the latter not saying much, but it is still better quality than England's League One) and was in our budget.

£3m for a mid-table Championship team to spend on a lower league striker is mental, no way would I have wanted us to take that gamble.

Plus, Wilson's goalscoring record in an attacking, free-scoring Bournemouth side might have been a little different in a solid, build from the back Wednesday side! lol

Add to that, Leon Clarke scores goals for fun in League One, would you have paid £3m for him...?

Edited by oh_weds_we_love_you

May is younger and was playing in Europe and Scotland's Premiership (the latter not saying much, but it is still better quality than England's League One) and was in our budget.

£3m for a mid-table Championship team to spend on a lower league striker is mental, no way would I have wanted us to take that gamble.

Plus, Wilson's goalscoring record in an attacking, free-scoring Bournemouth side might have been a little different in a solid, build from the back Wednesday side! lol

Add to that, Leon Clarke scores goals for fun in League One, would you have paid £3m for him...?

No I wouldn't As you say, it's always a gamble, and certainly we were in no position to pay out the sort of money Wilson cost. Bournemouth though, were ambitious and had the money, so they could afford to take the gamble and it looks to have paid off handsomely. Is Wilson worth four times what Stevie May cost? I don't know, but if they sold, they could probably double their money, whereas we'd be lucky to get ours back Edited by gurujuan