Paul Corry

Needs to get himself sorted with a new club Good luck to him. I see we are also not going to renew young Hanna's contract, and he might go to York. Food for thought for those pushing for us to blood some of the academy lads. Hanna was tipped as one of those to make a breakthrough

Edited by gurujuan

Guest TommyTank

These are the type of players you end up with in the squad if you have one of the lowest wage budgets in the division, hopefully those days are well behind us.

You can't blame the manager, if I told you to go out and buy the best car you can for £200, you have to have a car, you wouldn't get a good car would you.

Guest TommyTank

I wudnt lose any sleep if we sacked all the age groups and put all our eggs in the first team basket...how many times do we hear the superstar of the academy gets released and ends up at hallam or workin in mhall..must cost us a fortune to run

Corry was signed for the first team mate.

Our academy is getting there, like any other club though you have to have patience with the younger players.

Also our academy only became competitive locally about 2 years ago.

We won't see any real progress in the first team for another 2 to 3 seasons, thats when I would imagine we will see 3/4 young lads (17/18) knocking on the door.

The likes of Lavery where brought in at Development squad age not academy age to fill a void.

Good luck to the fella. He is a good player, but for some reason it didn't worked for him here. Hope he will help Carlisle stay in League Two.

Real shame if Hanna wont get offered new contract, and I hope he will be able to sort something out for himself.

These are the type of players you end up with in the squad if you have one of the lowest wage budgets in the division, hopefully those days are well behind us.

You can't blame the manager, if I told you to go out and buy the best car you can for £200, you have to have a car, you wouldn't get a good car would you.

No but you could use it as a deposit on a better one and then run it for a while untill the owners claim it back....

Sound familiar ?