Paul Corry

Corry was signed for the first team mate.

Our academy is getting there, like any other club though you have to have patience with the younger players.

Also our academy only became competitive locally about 2 years ago.

We won't see any real progress in the first team for another 2 to 3 seasons, thats when I would imagine we will see 3/4 young lads (17/18) knocking on the door.

The likes of Lavery where brought in at Development squad age not academy age to fill a void.

Totally agree with you on this....

It's been a long time since we we're run like a proper club with longer term planning, the academy needs patience and support..

He can't be that good a player if he's never getting a game for us and ends up on loan at a bottom end League Two club as his contract is about to expire.

I imagine he'll get released and go on trial at a handful of clubs. He may get 'lucky' with that but can't see him being an impact at any league club to be honest.

Guest TommyTank

He can't be that good a player if he's never getting a game for us and ends up on loan at a bottom end League Two club as his contract is about to expire.

I imagine he'll get released and go on trial at a handful of clubs. He may get 'lucky' with that but can't see him being an impact at any league club to be honest.

He isnt that good mate, I don't think anyone said he was any good, he's ok on the ball, quite comfortable with it at his feet.

He doesnt have much else, if he ran around the pitch smashing people he would be similar to Sam Hutchinson but you can't teach natural aggression.

Guest TommyTank

dj said he wer a dev squad signing and one for the future..he wasnt signed as a first teamer

Bullshit.

Why do you always lie man?

Its not cool.

DAVE Jones feels that Paul Corry’s debut at Southampton was just the start of something big for the 21-year-old Irishman.

The Owls manager rates the midfield player as a bright prospect who can serve the club for years.

First he must carry on building up his general fitness and may not yet get a run in the first team in the Championship. But the Capital One Cup tie at St Mary’s was an ideal opportunity to give him his first taste of senior football after his recent arrival from University College Dublin, where training was only part-time.

“I thought the kid did really well,” says Jones. “He flagged near the end, but he has been playing football for the university team. He’ll be a good player for this club; he’s got a bright future. I’m very pleased with him.”

Owlstalk Shop

Guest TommyTank

DAVE Jones feels that Paul Corry’s debut at Southampton was just the start of something big for the 21-year-old Irishman.

The Owls manager rates the midfield player as a bright prospect who can serve the club for years.

First he must carry on building up his general fitness and may not yet get a run in the first team in the Championship. But the Capital One Cup tie at St Mary’s was an ideal opportunity to give him his first taste of senior football after his recent arrival from University College Dublin, where training was only part-time.

“I thought the kid did really well,†says Jones. “He flagged near the end, but he has been playing football for the university team. He’ll be a good player for this club; he’s got a bright future. I’m very pleased with him.â€

Dave Jones though.

Guest TommyTank

Is that the same Dave Jones that thought McPhail and Olifinjana were the ideal midfield combo? gary megson

They would have been a good pairing 15 years ago.

Bothroyd the same.

DJ just wanted to build the Cardiff side he had all over again.

In fairness and this isnt going to go down too well, any manager was going to struggle with the budget he was given.

There is only so many players available for free.

ps, McPhail couldn't take corners because he had to save his legs, that would be f'kin hilarious if it was a different club.

Guest TommyTank

apology accepted

You utter capend

It didnt say anywhere in the Article that he was brought in for the Dev squad.

More lies.

Guest TommyTank

It didnt say anywhere in the Article that he was brought in for the Dev squad.

More lies.

Stupid comment.

from a stupid bloke.

Yeah but was he talented?

Every player that signs for the club, in the eyes of Wednesday fans, is a world beater...they just don't applicate it.

Maybe he was rubbish to start with?

We signed him for peanuts, paid him peanuts and it didn't work out.

He'll move on, we'll move on and it will be all forgotten about.

Not sure why it's DJ's fault or the fault of the club in general.

Maybe he was recommended by golden boy Gray to Jones?

A total non-story.

Guest TommyTank

Yeah but was he talented?

Every player that signs for the club, in the eyes of Wednesday fans, is a world beater...they just don't applicate it.

Maybe he was rubbish to start with?

We signed him for peanuts, paid him peanuts and it didn't work out.

He'll move on, we'll move on and it will be all forgotten about.

Not sure why it's DJ's fault or the fault of the club in general.

Maybe he was recommended by golden boy Gray to Jones?

A total non-story.

Sense.

Paul Corry? Is this the kid who has previously refused to go out on loan? If so, it seems to have backfired; loaned out to a club at the bottom end of League Two and has 2 months to save his professional career.

DJ told him he was good, now realised DJ is full of shyte Edited by dan140177