Rhodes - Nothing's happening...

It's called intent. We should be showing signs of intent! Not saying we would splash out the suggested 12 million anyhow.

'It's only March FFS' © 

Don't you know all the best players are at the bottom of the barrel? 

post-445-0-53984100-1313687995_thumb.jpg

Yes we are losing money so even spending £4m will be losing more money it will rely on the owner he will do what he wants its not our money he could go mad spend 200m he could write a note saying we owe him the money it is his choice, his club, his assets.

Forget all this us and we.

You have no idea what he will do absolutely none, but yet you tell me its me who is wrong, I have no idea what he will or wont spend.

If you look what he said he said spend wisely, wisely means different things to different people, a wise investment to a billionaire may not be wise to you. If he is serious about getting in the Premiership we need to be better than all those currently above us, that will not be done with loanees and telling May to have a haircut.

Actually, ffp rules mean he can't do any of that. So yes, I can tell you you are wrong.

As a club, we are losing money. So tot it up, look at the combined total and you'll see how much he can actually spend.

Yes I'm sure some lucrative sponsorships will pop up, but not to a level that pays £12m for a single player.

This talk of £100m is utter rot. I don't need to know chansiri to be able to predict he won't pump £100m into a business that produces no profit. No billionaire gets to that stage by being frivolous.

A new pitch, stadium renovation, scoreboard, facilities and a chance to compete for the better players. No wednesday fan can complain at that. But let's not suddenly think we are the new QPR, and losses will just continue.

lol pull your finger out, I like it.

We have been told we are having a new pitch and a new score board,plans are on going to redevelop the ground,I'd call that bloody good going for now.

No one knows what is planed for the summer,it's well within possibility that we may even end up with a new manager yet so sit back and watch it unfold.

Guest TommyTank

Quite a few decent strikers at this level that would be much cheaper and give us goals:

A few of these teams could go up which might make the player available

Callum Wilson - Bournemouth

Chris Martin - Derby Co

Patrick Bamford - Middlesbrough

Andre Gray - Brentford

Cameron Jerome - Norwich

Gary Hooper - Norwich

Lewis Grabban - Norwich

Daryl Murphy - Ipswich

Fernando Forestieri - Watford

Matej Vydra - Watford

Matty Fryatt - Forest

Adam Le Fondre - Cardiff

Nicky Maynard - Cardiff (i think)

Joe Mason - Cardiff

Kenwynne Jones - Cardiff

Nouha Dicko - Wolves

Igor Vetokele - Charlton

Nakhi Wells - Huddersfield

Any of those would be welcomed additions and for peanuts compared to Jordan Rhodes.

We would still need to offer a decent fee for most of them but a couple of million, not 12.

Guest AbbeyOwl

Actually, ffp rules mean he can't do any of that. So yes, I can tell you you are wrong.

As a club, we are losing money. So tot it up, look at the combined total and you'll see how much he can actually spend.

Yes I'm sure some lucrative sponsorships will pop up, but not to a level that pays £12m for a single player.

This talk of £100m is utter rot. I don't need to know chansiri to be able to predict he won't pump £100m into a business that produces no profit. No billionaire gets to that stage by being frivolous.

A new pitch, stadium renovation, scoreboard, facilities and a chance to compete for the better players. No wednesday fan can complain at that. But let's not suddenly think we are the new QPR, and losses will just continue.

You simply dont know so open your mouth wider the wind may blow your tongue around more. You have no idea what a sponsorship deal may be between Chansiri and say TUF will be. FFP? Well if we get into the PRemiership we wont be subject to it, at the end of the day we dont know.

You say we will do this wont do that but you just make it up as you go along, you simply have no idea.

Sheffield Wednesday produce no profit, he did not spend 30 odd million to make a profit, so already your theory and guess's are complete made up rubbish. You dont buy Football Clubs for commercial reasons unless you are extremely astute and have a history of doing so.

You simply dont know so open your mouth wider the wind may blow your tongue around more. You have no idea what a sponsorship deal may be between Chansiri and say TUF will be. FFP? Well if we get into the PRemiership we wont be subject to it, at the end of the day we dont know.

You say we will do this wont do that but you just make it up as you go along, you simply have no idea.

Sheffield Wednesday produce no profit, he did not spend 30 odd million to make a profit, so already your theory and guess's are complete made up rubbish. You dont buy Football Clubs for commercial reasons unless you are extremely astute and have a history of doing so.

Perhaps if you warmed up your grey matter before smashing your face on the keyboard, you'd have a point. Your comments on ffp show a complete lack of understanding of the situation.

Ffp doesn't disappear in the premiership. They still have to comply, albeit with a much higher gate. The clubs release their figures from the previous year - and even if promoted, sanctions can be applied including fines.

The existing ffp framework will apply in the 2015/16 season, capping our losses. Maximum losses for this season are £6m. From 16/17, £39m in losses over a 3 year period will be allowed.

If we are losing £5m a year, chansiri has to cover that first. So even a £10m a year sponsorship package (which is 500% growth on existing deals) would actually only net the club £5m in new usable funds. Assuming he spent all that on transfers, it's likely he would need to offset an extra £2m in wages. Which leaves us £4m left to spend. £2m is already allocated to a new pitch, improvements and a scoreboard. Under the legislations, sponsorship deals are scrutinised and if found to be excessive and a way of an owner trying to avoid ffp, can be discounted in the final report.

Do the rest of the math yourself.

Chansiri doesn't have the money himself to sustain the size of the losses you are suggesting. He does have money, and I'm sure his links with TUF will be used, but they are a business - they won't plough dozens of millions into a black hole. You are being shockingly naive to think otherwise.

Mad how so many folk seem to think

'we won't be spending owt like £12million in 3 years never mind on one player'

The guys spent 40m already in buying us and signing the check for the pitch/screens.

Why don't people think he's gonna spend a fair whack at getting us up? I bloody think he will but again that's my opinion. Rhodes will end up going for nowhere near 12m.

If he goes to a championship club I'd like to think we have a chance.

There's not much point in Chansiri sitting down with Gray and saying 'so stuart who could we sign who will deffo get us these goals'

Gray : 'well there's Deeney, Mccormack, Rhodes, Bamford'

DC: 'oh no they're all far too expensive stuart why not look in the Italian 3rd division for someone who MIGHT DO A JOB'

As much as I'd love to see someone like Rhodes in a Wednesday shirt, it would make more sense to strengthen the team with 4, 5 or 6 players in areas we need strengthening.

Instead of forking out a ton upon one player we could build a stronger spine to the team by getting a few quality players.

Of course it depends upon how much our new owner is willing to spend? Which none of us know. It's exciting being linked with quality players again.

Guest TommyTank

We should have gone for Afobe last summer.

We'd be 15 to 20 goals better off right now.

He wouldn't have scored that many because he would have been a sub or on the wing.

We should have gone for Afobe last summer.

We'd be 15 to 20 goals better off right now.

The same Afobe that nobody wanted us to keep!! If we get Keane in and a.n.other ...weve still to see Bus and have May n Dave id say theres a fair chance that would be ok striker wise...and probably 'on budget' too!!...