Rhodes - Nothing's happening...

Guest wilyfox

Are Middlesbrough going up? Quite possibly. Are we? Nah uh. So what should we be doing with our fingers exactly once we've pulled them out..? Smell them?

Guest wilyfox

It's called intent. We should be showing signs of intent! Not saying we would splash out the suggested 12 million anyhow.

Is Gray not doing that with Keane and McGugan? Rhodes is bound for the premier league this summer, be it with a club on the way up or already there. We're not in that category.

Personally Id rather we invest in a player that turns into a Rhodes, Feeney, Ings, Austin. When was the last time we had one of those, I would suggest David Hirst myself.

We all would

Every club in the championship would

How do you know you're signing the next Rhodes, Ings etc.?

Personally I think we've got one in Lavery.

Personally Id rather we invest in a player that turns into a Rhodes, Feeney, Ings, Austin. When was the last time we had one of those, I would suggest David Hirst myself.

By definition, we can't know if we've recruited such a player until much further down the line. It means buying the likes of May, Keane and Bus, which is what we have been doing.

Of course, it also means shopping in a slightly more expensive/less risky market for the likes of Afobe, Wells, etc, which is a market we haven't been able to compete in up to now.