Sign a f@ckin striker

This is true. If players don't start sticking it in the onion bag, we can't be reliant on penalties and clean sheets for the rest of the season.

that said, this thread stinks of yet another guru pop at gray, ignoring the facts. The meltdown on here for us to sign may, and the clamour about bus was frankly embarrassing. And now those same posters are moaning that we need to sign another striker.

Considering the amount of money spent on bus and may, plus Keane, I'm not expecting us to dip in again.

Not me, you'd never hear me urging us to sign May, or Keane for that matter. Bus? Believe I wasn't that keen on GTF either.

Not me, you'd never hear me urging us to sign May, or Keane for that matter. Bus? Believe I wasn't that keen on GTF either.

Your anti gray crusade frankly makes your reasonable points merge with your incorrect ones.

The point on players being signed, is that three have already been brought in - and and all have cost us. People on here were very vocal about needing them in, they were brought in, now people want a replacement.

It's very unlikely to happen. So people need to stop expecting us to buy and loan our way out of trouble every week.

Guest Frickley Owl

anyone care to name a reliable proven championship striker who´s available or one we missed out on in the jan window .....

Yakubu. Instant name. Didn't even need to think, answered in seconds.

Your anti gray crusade frankly makes your reasonable points merge with your incorrect ones.

The point on players being signed, is that three have already been brought in - and and all have cost us. People on here were very vocal about needing them in, they were brought in, now people want a replacement.

It's very unlikely to happen. So people need to stop expecting us to buy and loan our way out of trouble every week.

As someone who championed his cause, when most weren't interested, yeah I'll certainly have a pop at him if I think he's screwing up. We may have brought in a couple of strikers, so what, it not unheard of that we might have five, or feel the need to add an experienced one. After all, it hasn't stopped us recruiting central midfielders when we already have enough to fill four teams.

Guest Sheff Owl

anyone care to name a reliable proven championship striker who´s available or one we missed out on in the jan window .....

Absolutely spot on.

It's like they would be gagging to come here with our pitch and chances created they would get, but don't let that get in the way of the same old moaning from the same op.

It's a joke the guy is the most negative poster on here and won't be happy with any player we sign.

Absolutely spot on.

It's like they would be gagging to come here with our pitch and chances created they would get, but don't let that get in the way of the same old moaning from the same op.

It's a joke the guy is the most negative poster on here and won't be happy with any player we sign.

Me? On the contrary, I think the signing of McGugan was an excellent one, along with Westwood and Lees. Just means I know a good player when I see one.

I've been thinking. Why hasn't the manager addressed the issue of getting a goalscorer in? We know earlier in the season, he was chasing quality strikers who all, for a variety of reasons, went elsewhere. I can't believe the search would have stopped, even allowing for the recent arrivals of Keane and Bus. Surely though Gray knows they are not the answer to the problem now? In the future maybe, although Keane has a recently signed 3 year contract at Man Utd. So if all our strikers have been brought in with next season, and beyond in mind, then perhaps we are still hoping to bring in the experienced striker we need now. In fact, the only saving grace, is that Gray has someone lined up, and for some reason, hasn't yet been able to get them in. I hope that this is the case, and I hope that Gray doesn't pay a heavy price by waiting so long. If for example, he has been waiting for Wood to recover from injury, then maybe, just maybe, it will have been worth the wait.

I've been thinking. Why hasn't the manager addressed the issue of getting a goalscorer in? We know earlier in the season, he was chasing quality strikers who all, for a variety of reasons, went elsewhere. I can't believe the search would have stopped, even allowing for the recent arrivals of Keane and Bus. Surely though Gray knows they are not the answer to the problem now? In the future maybe, although Keane has a recently signed 3 year contract at Man Utd. So if all our strikers have been brought in with next season, and beyond in mind, then perhaps we are still hoping to bring in the experienced striker we need now. In fact, the only saving grace, is that Gray has someone lined up, and for some reason, hasn't yet been able to get them in. I hope that this is the case, and I hope that Gray doesn't pay a heavy price by waiting so long. If for example, he has been waiting for Wood to recover from injury, then maybe, just maybe, it will have been worth the wait.

It could be a short term/long term thing.

Gray is supposed to have spoken to the owners - he's discussed both.

Maybe he's suggested we plod on with the current set up. Look around in the summer. He'll make do for now.

I presume both he and the owners think that the season is effectively over, now.