Its all so quiet...

Guest mkowl

Interesting don't recall that coming to light before - that he was outed on here. Don't mean to doubt it just don't remember it

It's weird how little interest there was in it considering he'd been trolling the site for a couple of years on and off and was so infamous on here.

Some people PM'd me at the time asking for info but not many.

Got the impression some didn't want to believe it either, as they'd been took in by him or it was just disappointing that he wasn't someone we knew of.

Guest mkowl

Whether it coincided with other stuff going on with the threat of admin or MM coming in don't know- but i was someone pretty active in the Boardroom section at the time and Billsaja was the nemesis so him being outed should have been huge news

Whether it coincided with other stuff going on with the threat of admin or MM coming in don't know- but i was someone pretty active in the Boardroom section at the time and Billsaja was the nemesis so him being outed should have been huge news

Can't even remember myself just how it was all revealed. It was a long time ago.

It was around the time we were in court so understandably might have been missed.

Don't think there was a big reveal though, I was playing it cool waiting for the right moment and would have done that but another poster who I'd told of my findings couldn't resist teasing Bills about it in this thread...

http://www.owlstalk.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic/133205-weerz-billsaja/page-16

... the missing pic was a photo of DW.

I think that might've been when Bills disappeared.

I can't find the thread or threads when we started openly talking about who he was.

The poster Captain Purse had also added DW on Facebook and had read about Bills/DW's friend that had died (which Bills then posted about in the above thread).

It was just another piece that fell in to place and confirmed that I'd found who he really is.

Like I said yesterday though, someone else had much better evidence than me that was 100% indisputable.

It was a guy called Dan Williams. Led 2 fake-overs himself (which is why he was such an expert), Blackburn Rovers (IIRC that's where he'll have come across Geoff Sheard) and an American team.

He claimed to be a Blackburn fan, at least while he was leading them on. That's probably why he knew bugger all about Wednesday and kept slipping up.

Memory's a bit rusty TBH, I've got all the info on my old PC.

There was some interesting, less than favourable stuff about him on an American forum but not long after I'd posted the link to it on here it was removed. Just stuff about him being dodgy to do business with/leading people up the garden path.

I discovered him just by searching for Bill Saja and alternatives like William Saja. I found a William Saja on Facebook that happened to have an English friend, an accountant that lived in Philadelphia (where Bills had said he lived). At the time Bills had posted on here about his friend dying, Dan Williams had posted the same thing on Facebook.

When I searched for Billsaja and Dan Williams I found his first ever post on here, he spoke about himself when talking about Sheard.

Then I spoke to someone on here that it turned out already knew Bills identity as he'd slipped up when trying to be clever and left a trail that literally led to his own door. Can't say too much about that though as it'd be a data protection issue.

After I posted who he was, he disappeared from Owlstalk. 

i remember that donny you did a cracking job on him , lol

Its been a while...

Almost three years (27 February 2012) since Wednesdayite were prosecuted under the Industrial and Provident Societies Act 1965, fined and ultimately stripped of the IPS status they held.

https://www.fca.org.uk/static/fca/documents/societies-prosecuted-2012.pdf

Two years since we're led to believe that Wednesdayite directors were informed of the issue by a member who read it in a newspaper, in January 2013 (and neglected to inform members/prospective members of the issue whilst continuing to trade on the same basis, using the same articles and continuing to promote itself as an IPS for c.18 months after even this)

Almost 6 months since members were eventually informed, the new company set up and promises made as to looking into the situation with solicitors/appropriation of funds from the old company to the new one (including funds paid or donated to specific causes or for specific services under the guise of being an IPS) and communicating those findings.

...Is there an update? Is the house in order? Nothing on the website that everyone is continuously told to check...

The importance of having a well run supporters trust/organisation is of particular relevance now. What if it turns out that whoever the new potential owners are they are absolutely crooks or have some nefarious scheme behind their purchase of the club (not saying this is the case or ever will be the case, but at this stage, who knows)? Who/what group are going to mobilise and stand up for the fans if it is the case?

So, back to topic, almost another six months on from the start of this thread... has there been an update on how the 'investigation' with the solicitors, etc, has gone? Any official word on what eventually happened to the funds, etc?

Looked on the website (STILL has malicious links on there and isn't safe) and found absolutely nothing about it.

All been completely brushed under the carpet now? :/

Guest mkowl

I had a brief chat with Paul Holmes at the Wolves match and i understand it was still in progress then. I was lead to understand there would be an update in the fullness of time and no suggestion of brushing under the carpet.

Guest Deleted member

As I understood it the state of play was that Darryl Keys was working with the FCA to establish exactly what had happened, and to hopefully try and get the IPS status restored.