Its all so quiet...

1. All wednesdsyite members were fully informed of the events at the beginning of last season

2. No. No members at all are chasing this. James isn't a member as far as I understand, and as far as I can see he's the only non member desperate to get answers and see resignations

3. The remaining board members are independent directors, don't need to be voted on by anybody. It's a standard limited company.

4. I'm sure given the advice they've had that too suggesr they've acted fraudulently, either knowingly or not, is deeply offensive if defamatory. But not surprising.

5. Nobody benefits personally that is involved with the organisation. The only people who benefit are the members and groups of disadvNtaged people, the club, the community programme and the clubs academy.

6. It's not really for James or any other non member to dictate what should take priority. It's easy to say 'regardless of numbers' when you sat on a 12 man board and still couldn't ensure something as important as a regulatory submission was overlooked.

7. Given the professional advice received I suggest that any further allegations of fraudulent activity are addressed via the relevant authorities, and given I was involved at that time it's no longer appropriate for me to comment forget given that any action would involve me.

Needless to say I would absolutely welcome that level of scrutiny.

8. Crack on James

1. Were they all? I know of some members who have told me they weren't informed, others who say they don't understand what happened. Were the members during the period the potentially misleading issues took place informed?

2. I'm not calling for resignations, I've merely stated what I believe should happen. Considering that Paul has already said he will be stepping aside (I assume that is still the case) then I think some others may directly or indirectly feel the same.

3. This is exactly one of the confusions that has arisen. Do the members know this is the case? Was it the case during the period of the potentially misleading issues (considering Wednesdayite were seemingly operating under the previous IPS articles at the time). See? You've helped spell out part of the problem here. 

4. They've not communicated what advice they have received, which is part of the problem. They promised to investigate and communicate the findings over a year ago (considering the issue was years old by that point), and haven't done so. Even with your update on the previous page, there is no indication that this period has been investigated. No-one is directly accusing anything defamatory either, I said it was potentially fraudulent, which in my opinion it could be considering the facts I have highlighted (continuing to trade on the same basis without informing members donatees, etc).

5. I haven't said anyone has benefitted directly.

6. I simply made a suggestion and what I believe should happen, as is my right to do so on a discussion board. Whether anyone listens or not is another matter and fair enough. By the way, whilst on the board (in whichever spell) and as chairman yourself, were the regulatory statements always submitted? Did the issue of missed correspondence, notifications and missed public notices from regulators take place whilst you were on the board or the chairman? See, its easy to throw stones in glass houses. 

7. What professional advice? Have Wednesdayite notified the relevant authorities of all the potential issues and activity as would be their responsibility and duty being directors of the organisation?

8. See, you can't have an objective discussion without making things personal and throwing names around, trying to deflect the discussion. Crack on, Nigel.

The one thing i will argue about is the stuff that wasn't filed

1) it is the entities responsibility to ensure the registered office is correct

2) whilst the FCA as was FSA issue reminders it is again the entities responsibility to file annual returns

3)accounts were also not filed. Pretty basic stuff

That really can't be excused

I am not sure anyone has ever accused there being fraudulent activity. At worst there was a breach of fiduciary responsibility as officers of the IPS, the matter would have been significantly worse IF the money had been lost of course and that is not the case. The other issues eg insurance cover may well have been a problem if there had been a circumstance leading to a claim but there wasn't so we move on. As i have often said my issue was more that during the time of the default period Wednesdayite were in a position of power over the club - albeit limited - when their own house wasn't in order. If Wednesdayite mark 3 was going to be a political animal then i agree that those involved then should have no place now. However its not, it is a car park operator, social club and away travel organiser that does good work for the community. What it should stick to and if so then there is no issue in my mind of those involved continuing to do so.

I agree with most of this, although personally I do believe steps should be made to renew and refresh, even completely rebuild, the organisation with new blood considering that multiple directors and former directors have proven their governance wasn't in order on multiple occasions - and yes, again, I include myself in that. Wednesdayite could be so much more with a bit of new impetus, I believe - and we obviously need a relevant and active supporters' club/organisation should anything bad happen in future.

As I stated earlier I'm happy to draw a line under it all now, as long as the 'former' Wednesdayite's monies are distributed correctly.

I agree with most of this, although personally I do believe steps should be made to renew and refresh, even completely rebuild, the organisation with new blood considering that multiple directors and former directors have proven their governance wasn't in order on multiple occasions - and yes, again, I include myself in that. Wednesdayite could be so much more with a bit of new impetus, I believe - and we obviously need a relevant and active supporters' club/organisation should anything bad happen in future.

As I stated earlier I'm happy to draw a line under it all now, as long as the 'former' Wednesdayite's monies are distributed correctly.

What do you believe to be correctly distributed out of interest ? Not a dig but a genuine question.

Ironically given a summer of price rises ticket wise the case for a supporters group is probably more called for than ever. Not in an antagonistic way but if one had been sounded out as a focus group we might have had better communication if nothing else

However your brother is pretty culpable in finishing off the alternative before it even started

What do you believe to be correctly distributed out of interest ? Not a dig but a genuine question.

Ironically given a summer of price rises ticket wise the case for a supporters group is probably more called for than ever. Not in an antagonistic way but if one had been sounded out as a focus group we might have had better communication if nothing else

However your brother is pretty culpable in finishing off the alternative before it even started

I'd have to check over the previous articles again to see what the actual rules would state, but in my mind (and I could be wrong, this is totally my opinion) it should most likely go to the Community Programme (a charitable entity based in the same locale and benefitting much the same community as Wednesdayite would have, which I believe are pre-requisites for the redistribution).

Absolutely agree with your second point, ionically when I pointed that out when the prices were released I was painted as the pitchfork wielding lunatic, but hey-ho.

Last point: If a whole organisation can be so badly affected by one person's ramblings on a messageboard then perhaps it was never going to be a decent alternative anyway? No offence meant to anyone but I'd suggest real culpability actually lies with the people behind it, their ability and tenacity to get it going rather than a few (often valid) criticisms posted in an hardly-populated subsection of Owlstalk.

Guest Deleted member

STOP WITH THE AWKWARD COMMENTS, DAMMIT.

(This is the part where I phone you and leave you an abusive voicemail calling you a tw@t, etc).

I'd just like to point out I've never phoned James and called him a tw@t

Nor would I. Even when he's being one