Its all so quiet...

Guest Deleted member

Have you thought about emailing them?

Given that following all the abuse they stopped posting on here?

Their AGM must be soon? Are you going to that?

Guest Deleted member

Another month on... any update?

Had a good chat with Paul about this last night.

It was remarkably easy actually - I just picked up the phone, dialled his number and he answered - then we met up for a pint. I was amazed given the feeling that they have so much to hide.

It seems they will be announcing something with regards to this (now that a way forward has been agreed) very soon. Probably around their AGM.

You should try ringing him. Its a revolutionary way to communicate. And much more effective than leaving messages on a board he doesnt read, nor respond to.

Alternatively you could wait for them to outline the agreed way forward thats been recommended by the lawyers - and then ***** and moan about that as well

Guest mkowl

Somewhere in the depths of this thread I said I had spoke to Paul at the Wolves game - it was not being ignored but worked upon.

Guest Deleted member

This 'huge' issue. 

I've just spoken to the acting Chairman of Wednesdayite on the phone. (You should try it).

He tells me that in the last 12 months the organisation has only received 1 (one) email about this 'huge issue' from a concerned member/non member.  That email was from me.

Another month on... any update?

Yet I got the information I sought by posting on Owlstalk. Funny, that.

Thanks for the update.

Just think how much 'worrying' etc you could have saved yourself if you'd followed my suggestion of 9th Jan lol

And the thread cycle is complete... Again:

I have chosen not to contact directly because I don't think that would be very productive for several reasons, plus this is an open forum and a place for discussion. Its very purpose. Its an important issue that should be open and others should know the answers to rather than placating individuals. I know for a fact these posts are read by those involved, because they have indicated to me that they are reading them. Board members of Wednesdayite have indeed posted on here several times since their own self-imposed ban (they are all welcome to post at any time, no one is stopping them), so that argument doesn't wash. By the way, are you saying that it is because of me that Wednesdayite board members are not posting on Owlstalk? Really? Are they really that scared of me typing words and asking questions?  :huh:

The Wednesdayite board members don't have to post on here for us to discuss Wednesdayite, just like the SWFC board/players don't have to post in the match day section for fans to discuss SWFC and players, so that is a moot point too. I happen to think that it would be much more productive for Wednesdayite board members to post and debate the topics at hand, personally. And they are absolutely welcome to (and I would be the first to welcome them), nobody is stopping them but themselves. Perhaps some of the topics would have been addressed and forgotten about by now if they did constructively contribute? Its their decision however and up to them, fair enough.

Come on... Read it back. You entered this thread (indeed came back to the site you previously flounced from :biggrin:  - welcome back, by the way) specifically to have digs, and have done so several times despite hypocritically stating I am the one launching attacks. 

Wednesdayite do and have engaged in the forum, even after their self-imposed exile (and it is their choice whether to or not, no one is stopping them from putting the facts straight on here but themselves). We're going round in circles.

As said earlier, "You yourself have used this forum for such things [i.e. questioning SWFC, when they did not engage in it] many times in the past (and absolutely defended the right for people to do so)" - again, quite hypocritical.

​You've asked plenty of questions of political parties in threads in the past, so questioning Nigel Farage will be no different. The politics section is <<<< that way.  ;-) 

Now, can we actually get to debating the actual topic?!  :wacko:  :huh: 

And if you'd read my reply to the comment you just dug up, you'd see it was already answered...

I refer you back to my previous answer to that very same question earlier in this very thread.

In any case you seem to be doing a great job of being their spokesperson in this thread so far...

Thanks.

Surely Wednesdayite was the entertainment in the dark days. A bit like soldiers in WWI that used to dress as women to entertain their fellow troops.

Now the war is over and we hopefully have football worthy of watching can't all this stop.

Can everyone get back to their sponsored walks?

Doesn't have to be Wednesdayite directly updating (although it would be nice for them to); for instance Nigel has been self-appointed spokesperson throughout this thread...

And, as mentioned numerous times before in the thread, they don't have to respond directly for us to discuss the situation.

:)

Guest Deleted member

OK James, I can tell this is really troubling you, so I took some time out of my busy schedule this morning, to interrupt Pauls busy schedule, to discuss this

Paul explained that as there are currently only 2 serving, active directors of Wednesdayite responsible for memberships, car park, lounge, events, coaches and Smile it has been impossible to find time to communicate the latest state of play. They are also actively seeking assistance from other directors or volunteers,

Paul is understandably prioritising communication with current members of Wednesdayite - how long is it exactly since you were a member?

As a current member of the organisation I have volunteered to run the Lounge for them this year. More volunteers would be readily welcomed.

I digress.

Wednesdayite are aiming to hold the AGM of the organisation following the Hull game, given that this is now moved back to a lunchtime kick off. I hope to see you there, when all your queries will be answered. This is also 3 months after the year end of the group, meaning there will be sufficient time to prepare accounts and an annual report to the members. (In the current structure that isnt a legal requirement - however the preparation of accounts is obviously)

However, I will communicate this too. AND I SHOULD POINT OUT THIS IS MY UNDERSTANDING OF THE MATTER

Apparently the legal advice they have received is that a line should be drawn at the date of dissolution of the IPS. Monies held by the organisation should be set aside, and members at the time of that line being drawn should be given the opportunity what to do with regards the allocation of funds to a local group of similar standing, or a community organisation. At the current time it has been impossible, due to manpower, to communicate that to the members at the time, nor do the work necessary to identify that database in full.

Paul did suggest that as you were a director for much of the time the IPS was in default, and given your skills in this field, (and your obvious desire to see the matter brought to a resolution for all concerned) that you might like to get involved and volunteer to identify a definitive list, communicate to the members the choices recommended (with possibly an 'Other' choice too for those who would rather pick something different).

Personally I think thats a terrific idea as it will mean you can also bring some independence to the proceedings and ensure that (in your own mind) the correct and proper procedure is followed. What do you think??

I don't have the exact sum - but I do understand its 'significant'

Finally with regards legal matters following - the legal advice has stated that the group actually 'over compensated' with structure for the legal status, and that in his professional opinion there is no problems with that, given that the group was unaware of the loss of IPS status (as were Supporters Direct) and that once it was highlighted the matter was dealt with in a timely fashion. There was (and is) no need for a company in the current structure to publish minutes of board meetings etc. Thankfully - given the lack of people currently involved.

Hope that helps - look forward to seeing you at the AGM (if not hearing from you as you help to communicate to the members)

Edited by Deleted member