Who's never seen a World Class player at Hillsborough?

Guest LEGEND

Guest Gazzaswfc

Went to Milan derby 3 times saw Di canio & carbone play in same match also seen van basten gullit rijakard papin boban baresi bergkamp klinsman weah to name a few & of course waddle & Nilsson & best of all beswetherick

Feel sorry for some of you lot. Only ever seeing us crap.

Had the pleasure of seeing all the great players we had in the 90s. Hirst, Waddle, Carbone, Di Canio, Julian Hyde etc

Seen some great players play (and usually score) against us. Shearer, Cantona, Scholes, Henry...

Was Julian Hyde Graham's brother?

Going back a year or two, but saw some world class players when we played in the original Inter Cities Fairs Cup, of which we were founder members club.We also played a number of friendlies against some world class clubs.

Probably my favourite was the IMO World's Finest Goalkeeper-the great Lev Yashin, the original 'Black Flash', followed by the one and only Pele

Took for granted our years in the Premiership when teams like Arsenal, Man Utd and Chelsea were bringing the likes of Bergkamp, Vieira, Beckham, Stam and Zola.

Wednesday wise I can't honestly say I've seen a world class player apart from old Roland Nilsen who IMO was a world class full back.

Now we have to cope with the likes of Hugo Rodallega and other non descript foreigners who aren't fit to lace the aforementioned's boots.

Adam Johnson had a great game for Middlesbrough. Did he sign for City, or am I imagining that?

Yes. And like most other promising English players who sign for city he warmed their bench and was another name on the home grown quota.

Same happened to Jack Rodwell. Still happening to Scott Sinclair

Saw Alan Simonsen who I think was European footballer of the year at the time playing at Hillsborough for Charlton and he was totally anonymous.

Also remember seeing Isn Rush play for Chester in 1980 just after he had signed for Liverpool for the ( then) astronomical sum of £300,000, did nowt and we won 3-0 and remember thinking what have they wasted all that money on this useless get for, turns out Bob Paisley knew a bit more about football than me, IMO he was the best natural goalscorer I ever saw play at Hillsborough always seemed to be in the right place at the right time (usually s### lining from 2 yards out).

Guest sotonowl

I've seen some great players at Hillsborough, all through the 60's if you think about Man u and all the London clubs, George Best with a diving header in a 2-2 draw springs to mind.

Davor Suker in the 96 euros when Croatia beat Denmark 3-0 but I reckon the best I've seen was Franz Beckenbauer, 1966 West Germany 5 Switzerland 0,he scored 2.

Some of us must have seen Pele though but unfortunately I missed it.