Danny Batth's Class

I'd have him back in a second. That said id not break up the lees / loovens partnership right now.

I thought batth did well considering he was l effectively playing on his own at the back in the first half. His partner did turn up for some of the second half but their full backs were terrible. We really should have got at them more.

A top lad. Really is the perfect example of when the loan market works! Really took to the club and I'm not surprised to see him captaining Wolves.

Should have really gone all out to sign him that season we went up. Yes right now we are happy with Loovens and Lees but for the last 2 seasons we've been crying our for a Batth. We would have got him for next to nothing when we went up.

A top lad. Really is the perfect example of when the loan market works! Really took to the club and I'm not surprised to see him captaining Wolves.

Should have really gone all out to sign him that season we went up. Yes right now we are happy with Loovens and Lees but for the last 2 seasons we've been crying our for a Batth. We would have got him for next to nothing when we went up.

HE DIDN'T WANT TO COME HERE.

How many times does this point need to be reiterated. He wanted to stay with the club he supported as a boy. And good on him for doing so.

HE DIDN'T WANT TO COME HERE.

Seriously - if you tattooed this on the inside of the eyelids of some people whilst simultaneously forcing them 24/7 to wear an earpiece which had a constant loop saying "Batth would not leave Wolves" - they would stay guff like "we should have signed him when we had the chance"

Heard someone today say 'why didn't we sign Batth when he was there for the taking'.

I seriously contemplated throttling him whilst repeating "HE DIDN'T WANT TO COME" until I had squeezed the life out of him.

Instead I chose tut, loudly. Coupled with a sigh of absolute frustration.

Edited by FlyingOwl

Seriously - if you tattooed this on the inside of the eyelids of some people whilst simultaneously forcing them 24/7 to wear an earpiece which had a constant loop saying "Batth would not leave Wolves" - they would stay guff like "we should have signed him when we had the chance"

This is the best answer of this thread lol Op?

Heard someone today say 'why didn't we sign Batth when he was there for the taking'.

I seriously contemplated throttling him whilst repeating "HE DIDN'T WANT TO COME" until I had squeezed the life out of him.

Instead I chose tut, loudly. Coupled with a sigh of absolute frustration.

I heard someone say get Mags on....can you imagine what I felt?

Great centre half whose been shipping in a hatful a week before yesterday

Yep. Loovens is key to our great defensive performance yet some people would break up what appears to be the best centre half partnership we've had for about 15 years because of the warped sentiment that they have formed upon the performances of a loan player (that's a loan player) that played well for us in League One (that's League One).

These people also forget that Ben Marshall didn't give us a second thought when Leicester came calling and that Ross Barkley chose to go to Leeds instead of returning to us.

I acknowledge the above players contributions but the point I am trying to make here is that, at the end of the day, we were a means to an end to them.

Danny Batth ain't that good; he's part of a defence that has shipped goals this season and he got "found out" at least a couple of times yesterday with the ball over the top to Stevie May. Although it was good play by us, our fans would go mental at Loovens or Lees if they had "got done" by similar balls over the top.

Batth lovers should take off their rose coloured specs.

Edited by shandypants