Qatar Group.

Guest Big Guns

Is it now accepted into Owlstalk folklore that the sum Mammadov offered was £40m then?

wasnt that the well documented figure

poo poo waste of a post im on ignore lol

Is it now accepted into Owlstalk folklore that the sum Mammadov offered was £40m then?

not by me anyway,  doubt anyone outside the pros involved does know -the  figures bandied around by the press mean f'all 

but one thing seems fairly obvious he must be asking a fair wack or we would have been bought by now

Guest Deleted member

Personally, I think he's into us for about £28-30m

Even that is a fair whack to someone looking to buy us, given the investment required in players and facilities to make us a genuine Premiership club again.

Given the progress the club has achieved (on and off the pitch) since his initial investment I don't think anyone could complain if he made a modest return on investment. Even 10% would price us at £33m.

I still think we will be sold this season, and sooner rather than later.

Guest Deleted member

No, the prices quoted by the Star and Yorkshire Post was 50m Euros.

as someone has already said. Paper talk.

Nobody knows the terms of that deal, or whether there were amounts linked to progress/promotion etc etc etc 

Additionally, there will be a significant sum invested by Terry Brown and Pini Zahavi that will have to be paid off too, and one would imagine those were included in the amount.

Yes he can see MM's desk from the top of his ladder with his binoculars....

That's why he's ITK...

When he's cleaning windows..  apparently they forget to shut the blinds and he sees all sorts of goings on.

But can he see who is stealing the fruit shrewsburys from the old tin in the boardroom? That is far more important.....

Guest WoodhouseOwl77

Why should the price be every penny and more of what he's in for? That's been the problem at S2, McCabe's in for ridiculous amount so they're stuck with him

If I buy some shares in a company and want to sell I don't necessarily get back all of my investment so why should this be different?

Guest Deleted member

Because he owns the company lock stock and barrel. If you own a few shares, you don't.

So he decides when to sell, and at what price.

And if he decides he wants to sell to recoup his investment there's nothing you, or anyone else, can do about it

Guest WoodhouseOwl77

But when no one buys he shouldn't be too surprised, who in their right mind is going to spend £40m on a business losing £6m a year? I'll tell ya who, the wrong sort.

I took a hit on my house a few years ago to sell, richer you get the greedier you become.

Because he owns the company lock stock and barrel. If you own a few shares, you don't.

And if he decides he wants to sell to recoup his investment there's nothing you, or anyone else, can do about it

And if the market decides it's not worth what he's asking there's nothing he can do.

Agreed, however his investment is losing £6m a year & if the likes of GTF is our level of player recruitment then we're in danger of slipping back down to League 1. How much will his investment be worth then. Coupled with MM'S need to spend time with his family in the USA he will eventually have to bow to market forces & sell.

Guest Deleted member

It's not losing £6m a year. If you look at the accounts it lost £3m last year.

It's not good, but it is acceptable given FFP and an investor with cash to push us on.

Milan clearly hasn't got access to the cash required to take us to the Premiership, otherwise he would be looking to keep us and really cash in when we make the Premiership

It's not losing £6m a year. If you look at the accounts it lost £3m last year.

It's not good, but it is acceptable given FFP and an investor with cash to push us on.

Milan clearly hasn't got access to the cash required to take us to the Premiership, otherwise he would be looking to keep us and really cash in when we make the Premiership

I think that has to be true  I suppose as you say it's his trainset he'll sell it for the amount he wants and when he wants

personally I hope that is soon for our (swfc) and his sake   and for it to be soon he may have to come down a bit