Part timers

There is nothing quite like sitting on the boat at slack water in blazing sunshine as a MASSIVE ray picks your squid, the ratchet screaming as line tears off the reel whilst John Pearson shouts Nooooooooooooo Atdhe as our only attempt on goal is limply passed to the oppositions keeper...Not bitter sweet because as I wind down and strike I know I have not spent another 14 hours in the car driving nose to tail up the M5 in the p1$$ing rain to see one weak shot on target and a couple of corners if I am lucky..

Exactly Flat Owl.

Plus, with me being a match angler, I sometimes pick up some winnings for doing what I like doing.

They've not started paying me to attend Hillsborough yet.

It's like a choice between snuggling into a pair of size 44d breasts, or getting poked in the eye with a burnt stick. Thank God I didn't buy a season ticket. As a casual observer these days, I can sit where I like, when I like, when I go, and pick and choose the better games.

I don't need to go every week to know we're not going to do much better for a while either.

The money I save on petrol from travelling on the motorway for 2 hours each way pays for my fishing for weeks.

Must say that Milan's offer of GTF has forced a bit of a rethink though.

I went to Man City and left disgusted that thousands of Wednesday fans had been short changed in a fixture they wanted to enjoy, by Gray putting out a weakened team. We've never recovered from the trauma of the quite frankly, predictable outcome imho.

And people wonder why some go part time. Jeez.

It's a difficult one.

Sit in a freezing cold stand bored or sit on a muddy bank cold and bored.

Whose bored fishing? I'm generally catching fish and enjoying the craic with the lads, whist at S6 all are going nuts with frustration.

Nah, if your outside of the Premiership, fishing is the future.

I go , don't know why it's dire. the club is a joke on and off the field and we are slipping back into the position I rightly predicted at the beginning of the season. im bored of rubbish from mandaric and prey one day the old fossil finally sells us to somebody with at least half an iota of passion for running the club. that said ive no doubt ill renew my season ticket , yet sure for one don't blame anybody who decides to spend their time and money more wisely , wish I was as smart !!!

I went to Man City and left disgusted that thousands of Wednesday fans had been short changed in a fixture they wanted to enjoy, by Gray putting out a weakened team. We've never recovered from the trauma of the quite frankly, predictable outcome imho.

And people wonder why some go part time. Jeez.

And we still had more shots on target from our weakened team at City than we did on Saturday.

I think I might be a part timer. I went to the Norwich game. We did alright against a team that is as good as they will ever get. Our lads will get better. My previous match was the 5-1 defeat against Bristol City in August 1971. The whole Cop got soaked in a freak sleet storm. I forget why I stopped going.

I think I might be a part timer. I went to the Norwich game. We did alright against a team that is as good as they will ever get. Our lads will get better. My previous match was the 5-1 defeat against Bristol City in August 1971. The whole Cop got soaked in a freak sleet storm. I forget why I stopped going.

Would've been the 20lbs of chub you caught on the Trent. Top angling

Owlsman please expand on the fishing. What time does it start and finish, how much does it cost, is there booze involved and what's the end reward?

5 hour matches preceded by a full English breakfast. Then a bit of a social afterwards. If you win, or get a place, or win your section or lake, you win cash.

At no point am I wondering how Nuhiu missed that sitter or kcking the seat in front and starting a ruck with a fellow owls fan, or feeling ripped off by paying silly money for a beer and a pie, if there's any left.

sigh I love these threads ,if you haven't been you can't comment blah, blah . blah ,It's a forum for supporters and it reaches world wide,people come on to discuss or comment about the club they love but the sad thing is people can't always get through one thing and another so rely on streams and wp which does show and tell some salient points on any game ,aqnd as Wayne stated in his post most of us who don't travel have paid our dues over the years ,So with that I say good luck to you that can afford every game and I mean that, but for some they have all on affording 1 game never mind 40 odd

That has to be some kind of record. 43 years between games.

Say for instance you are listening to the radio.....and you hear bthat Nuhiu sidefooted wide from 4 yds...then you came on here and saw 66 posts on nuhiu sidefooting wide from 4yds...

Would you not feel free to post..."FFS!! Nuhiu"...thats a specific

No as you didnt see it, I mean why do papers send reporters to games they could just stick wireless on and no exactly what as gone off.

5 hour matches preceded by a full English breakfast. Then a bit of a social afterwards. If you win, or get a place, or win your section or lake, you win cash.

At no point am I wondering how Nuhiu missed that sitter or kcking the seat in front and starting a ruck with a fellow owls fan, or feeling ripped off by paying silly money for a beer and a pie, if there's any left.

See thats fishing for real anglers...Now the truth of fishing for fun,is that it is twice as bad as watching Wednesday lose at home to Yeovil.

Get up at 5am ..its raining, buy a day license online and find out you went to a spam site instead oif the enviromental agency...lose £8...Off to the tackle shop you go...

"I need an 'ook, a float and some line please mr Fishermongertackler wotever"

This is where yer pro fisherman like Owlsman start rippin' it...

"Straight through barbless waggler on a 2lb?..at what depth?"

So you say yes..and walk out with 20 items you don't want...19 of which you don't know how to use...17 of which you;ll never use...and £20 you'll never see again...then you go back in for maggots...

"I want some maggots"

Mixed...White..red....pint halfpint...how about a few mealies wasp gru...............

"flip off"

So out you go..its now 6am, throwin' it down.....and the trees at Damflask are bending backwards....You begin to tackle up...its now 8 am...you begin to tackle up again cos you missed two eyelets, stood in yer maggot box..used yer sandwiches as fookin' bait...yer waggler doesn't fookin' waggle.. you cast in..yer reel falls off..(Honest to god it does..every time..its a fault with the fookers)..You do that thing where you reel in with the reel still off yer rod behind a bush...then the line catches in the bush, then the bailiff arrives...always at that exact time where you look like a tw *t...The water in yer "peg" is littered wiv small dead perch and their guts are still hangin' off the disgorger...thats..."Easy to use sir..just put in an' pull"......theres a size 12 barbless in yer top lip and the day ticket is wet an' indicipherable in your pocket.

Sooner lose to Yeovil...................

See thats fishing for real anglers...Now the truth of fishing for fun,is that it is twice as bad as watching Wednesday lose at home to Yeovil.

Get up at 5am ..its raining, buy a day license online and find out you went to a spam site instead oif the enviromental agency...lose £8...Off to the tackle shop you go...

"I need an 'ook, a float and some line please mr Fishermongertackler wotever"

This is where yer pro fisherman like Owlsman start rippin' it...

"Straight through barbless waggler on a 2lb?..at what depth?"

So you say yes..and walk out with 20 items you don't want...19 of which you don't know how to use...17 of which you;ll never use...and £20 you'll never see again...then you go back in for maggots...

"I want some maggots"

Mixed...White..red....pint halfpint...how about a few mealies wasp gru...............

"flip off"

So out you go..its now 6am, throwin' it down.....and the trees at Damflask are bending backwards....You begin to tackle up...its now 8 am...you begin to tackle up again cos you missed two eyelets, stood in yer maggot box..used yer sandwiches as fookin' bait...yer waggler doesn't fookin' waggle.. you cast in..yer reel falls off..(Honest to god it does..every time..its a fault with the fookers)..You do that thing where you reel in with the reel still off yer rod behind a bush...then the line catches in the bush, then the bailiff arrives...always at that exact time where you look like a tw *t...The water in yer "peg" is littered wiv small dead perch and their guts are still hangin' off the disgorger...thats..."Easy to use sir..just put in an' pull"......theres a size 12 barbless in yer top lip and the day ticket is wet an' indicipherable in your pocket.

Sooner lose to Yeovil...................

The way I played golf on Saturday that Yeovil match sounds quite appealing