Part timers

See thats fishing for real anglers...Now the truth of fishing for fun,is that it is twice as bad as watching Wednesday lose at home to Yeovil.

Get up at 5am ..its raining, buy a day license online and find out you went to a spam site instead oif the enviromental agency...lose £8...Off to the tackle shop you go...

"I need an 'ook, a float and some line please mr Fishermongertackler wotever"

This is where yer pro fisherman like Owlsman start rippin' it...

"Straight through barbless waggler on a 2lb?..at what depth?"

So you say yes..and walk out with 20 items you don't want...19 of which you don't know how to use...17 of which you;ll never use...and £20 you'll never see again...then you go back in for maggots...

"I want some maggots"

Mixed...White..red....pint halfpint...how about a few mealies wasp gru...............

"flip off"

So out you go..its now 6am, throwin' it down.....and the trees at Damflask are bending backwards....You begin to tackle up...its now 8 am...you begin to tackle up again cos you missed two eyelets, stood in yer maggot box..used yer sandwiches as fookin' bait...yer waggler doesn't fookin' waggle.. you cast in..yer reel falls off..(Honest to god it does..every time..its a fault with the fookers)..You do that thing where you reel in with the reel still off yer rod behind a bush...then the line catches in the bush, then the bailiff arrives...always at that exact time where you look like a tw *t...The water in yer "peg" is littered wiv small dead perch and their guts are still hangin' off the disgorger...thats..."Easy to use sir..just put in an' pull"......theres a size 12 barbless in yer top lip and the day ticket is wet an' indicipherable in your pocket.

Sooner lose to Yeovil...................

Went to me local commercial yesterday for a short 5 and a half hour sesh. Picked up a pint of reds, a pint of dead reds, some micros, and a packet of micro bands on me way.

Arrived and bought some 6 mil and 8 mil drilled for the hair, at the fishery shop before tootling off to me peg and started taclking up. First set up me method rod. Then two power top kits set up for an 8m line and a margin rig.

On me 8m line I potted in micros and reds then fished either a 6 mil expander or three reds on a size 16 to 0.14. Got bitted out on reds so abandoned them. Expander bites were unhittable, so changed to a banded 6 mil and started getting a few carp to 6lbs and a barbel before it started to go a bit quiet. Potted in again and switched to me method line with micros on the feeder, and a banded 8 mil on the hook, but nothing doing. Came back to my 8m line for another couple of carp before it died on me.

Started another line at 5m and caught a few more carp, before switching to my margin line prepared with micros, corn, and deads. Fished a Hillbilly AK7 to 0.18 with a 20 elastic and hauled out barbel to 8lbs and carp to 6lbs, with a bonus double figure ghostie.

Reckon I finished with about 35 kilos.

What's difficult to understand about that?

lol

See thats fishing for real anglers...Now the truth of fishing for fun,is that it is twice as bad as watching Wednesday lose at home to Yeovil.

Get up at 5am ..its raining, buy a day license online and find out you went to a spam site instead oif the enviromental agency...lose £8...Off to the tackle shop you go...

"I need an 'ook, a float and some line please mr Fishermongertackler wotever"

This is where yer pro fisherman like Owlsman start rippin' it...

"Straight through barbless waggler on a 2lb?..at what depth?"

So you say yes..and walk out with 20 items you don't want...19 of which you don't know how to use...17 of which you;ll never use...and £20 you'll never see again...then you go back in for maggots...

"I want some maggots"

Mixed...White..red....pint halfpint...how about a few mealies wasp gru...............

"flip off"

So out you go..its now 6am, throwin' it down.....and the trees at Damflask are bending backwards....You begin to tackle up...its now 8 am...you begin to tackle up again cos you missed two eyelets, stood in yer maggot box..used yer sandwiches as fookin' bait...yer waggler doesn't fookin' waggle.. you cast in..yer reel falls off..(Honest to god it does..every time..its a fault with the fookers)..You do that thing where you reel in with the reel still off yer rod behind a bush...then the line catches in the bush, then the bailiff arrives...always at that exact time where you look like a tw *t...The water in yer "peg" is littered wiv small dead perch and their guts are still hangin' off the disgorger...thats..."Easy to use sir..just put in an' pull"......theres a size 12 barbless in yer top lip and the day ticket is wet an' indicipherable in your pocket(.And then you catch a twenty lb carp , makes it all worth while lol )

just added the bit you forgot Asteener mate lol  ;-) 

Sooner lose to Yeovil...................

Im a season ticket holder but i dont think im any more a fan than someone that goes when they want. When asked on praise of grumble if they have been and they reply with no i have been at home ironing the dog so i couldn't make it and then go on about the performance it does get my goat though.

Went to me local commercial yesterday for a short 5 and a half hour sesh. Picked up a pint of reds, a pint of dead reds, some micros, and a packet of micro bands on me way.

Arrived and bought some 6 mil and 8 mil drilled for the hair, at the fishery shop before tootling off to me peg and started taclking up. First set up me method rod. Then two power top kits set up for an 8m line and a margin rig.

On me 8m line I potted in micros and reds then fished either a 6 mil expander or three reds on a size 16 to 0.14. Got bitted out on reds so abandoned them. Expander bites were unhittable, so changed to a banded 6 mil and started getting a few carp to 6lbs and a barbel before it started to go a bit quiet. Potted in again and switched to me method line with micros on the feeder, and a banded 8 mil on the hook, but nothing doing. Came back to my 8m line for another couple of carp before it died on me.

Started another line at 5m and caught a few more carp, before switching to my margin line prepared with micros, corn, and deads. Fished a Hillbilly AK7 to 0.18 with a 20 elastic and hauled out barbel to 8lbs and carp to 6lbs, with a bonus double figure ghostie.

Reckon I finished with about 35 kilos.

What's difficult to understand about that?

lol

sounds a good session Simon well done

I consider myself a better fan than many on here. though not as good as some others.

I am 38 years old, and I've not missed a home league game for 35 years.

Up until about 2 years ago I'd only missed a couple of home cup games in all that time as well.

My enthusiasm tank is running very low, I've not attended a cup game for the last couple of seasons, and almost every match this year has been like torture - will probably renew again though next year, that's what you do if you are a supporter isn't it - go and support them?

I'm not well off by any means, nor was I when I was a kid - I did odd jobs round the house etc to earn money to buy my Season Ticket. I am often knackered from working stupidy long hours, 7 days a week, sometimes approaching 80 hours a week, yet I scrimp and save and go without to afford to get my Season Ticket.

I plan my holidays outside the football season, I have turned down job opportunities, promotions etc to keep my Sat 3pm vacant.

So yeah, I am a superfan, though not as super as those that go home and away week in, week out - year upon year. I used to go to all the away games, but I simply can't do it any more due to work.

It is quite depressing nowadays at Hillsborough, especially enduring a 0 -0 in an half empty stadium devoid of atmosphere - but it is what it is, and it isn't going to improve any time soon.

One thing does get on my nerves though, this notion that a fan who borrows his mate's Season Ticket for 1 match, or who takes advantage of a one off ticket offer is just as loyal and committed as the next fan. I'm sorry but that's just round uns.

I get that people can't afford to go, or can't go due to work commitments - that's fair enough. But those that can afford to go, but can't be bothered and spend all day in the pub watching Phil Thompson and co talking cobblers on the box - they can kiss my lilly-white one when they ring praise or grumble, or log on here moaning how we don't have David Hirst anymore, and then complain when MM "doesn't put his hand in his pocket".

There are fans and supporters - supporters support the team whenever they can, not just when we are playing a one-off game like Wycombe the other season, but crappy Tuesday night games like Bournemouth next Tuesday. A game that will probably be pants, we will probably lose without scoring, it will be freezing and there will be 17k there.

Soap box rant over.

I consider myself a better fan than many on here. though not as good as some others.

I am 38 years old, and I've not missed a home league game for 35 years.

Up until about 2 years ago I'd only missed a couple of home cup games in all that time as well.

My enthusiasm tank is running very low, I've not attended a cup game for the last couple of seasons, and almost every match this year has been like torture - will probably renew again though next year, that's what you do if you are a supporter isn't it - go and support them?

I'm not well off by any means, nor was I when I was a kid - I did odd jobs round the house etc to earn money to buy my Season Ticket. I am often knackered from working stupidy long hours, 7 days a week, sometimes approaching 80 hours a week, yet I scrimp and save and go without to afford to get my Season Ticket.

I plan my holidays outside the football season, I have turned down job opportunities, promotions etc to keep my Sat 3pm vacant.

So yeah, I am a superfan, though not as super as those that go home and away week in, week out - year upon year. I used to go to all the away games, but I simply can't do it any more due to work.

It is quite depressing nowadays at Hillsborough, especially enduring a 0 -0 in an half empty stadium devoid of atmosphere - but it is what it is, and it isn't going to improve any time soon.

One thing does get on my nerves though, this notion that a fan who borrows his mate's Season Ticket for 1 match, or who takes advantage of a one off ticket offer is just as loyal and committed as the next fan. I'm sorry but that's just round uns.

I get that people can't afford to go, or can't go due to work commitments - that's fair enough. But those that can afford to go, but can't be bothered and spend all day in the pub watching Phil Thompson and co talking cobblers on the box - they can kiss my lilly-white one when they ring praise or grumble, or log on here moaning how we don't have David Hirst anymore, and then complain when MM "doesn't put his hand in his pocket".

There are fans and supporters - supporters support the team whenever they can, not just when we are playing a one-off game like Wycombe the other season, but crappy Tuesday night games like Bournemouth next Tuesday. A game that will probably be pants, we will probably lose without scoring, it will be freezing and there will be 17k there.

Soap box rant over.

If you work up to 80 hours a week it's either a crap job or you have one hell of a lot of overheads to still have to scrimp and save for a season ticket.

Where do we stand on people who talk or text on their phones during games ?  Surely they have no right to comment if they aren't giving the game full attention ?

The same should also apply to thick or drunk people, as obviously their opnion is invalid.

And the band..I mean how much does a Tuba obstruct yer view...?

People should be free to go to whatever matches they want, and say whatever they want. 

I have no issue with people who go to one game a season. I also have no issue with people phoning up P&G who have not been to a game or commenting online who have not been - so long as their comments are based on the evidence they have and not some assumptions based on Ceefax.

Don't get why it bothers people. 

I see attending games at Hillsborough as a chore, a duty, a job.

I'm thinking of handing my notice in. 25 years service, no watch, no carriage clock, no fancy pen, f# kall.

Hang in there George...Europe in 5 years an' Premiership return ticket...can't all be lies....

I'm playin' the.... "Last daft f.ooker on the Kop competition"

I nearly won it in the '70's

Making some silver rigs up later for winter.

All to 0.11. Got me Jean Desques ready in various sizes from 0.4 to 1.5

Bloody hell mate..I could have given you some o them...although they are aluminium rigs and are from 0.5 to 2.6...a bloke at Darwins sold 'em me wiv a self bobbin' err...tumbler float...

I saw Jean Desquez in meadowhall last Friday..............